+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Has Survivor Jumped the Shark?

Re: Has Survivor Jumped the Shark?

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3744940;
    Almost the entire first half of the show lat night was given over to Russell--and then in the second half he got most of the reaction shots while other contestants got few or none.

This is so screwy!

Russell is boring and his constant exposure is turning me off to Survivor.
    He's the only one playing the game at this point. There's nothing else to show. Everyone else seems to be treating this like a vacation. I can't imagine the season without him. What are they gonna show, people laying on the beach sunning themselves and doing yoga?
    "Never fry bacon in the nude"

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

Yeah, but it gets pretty danged boring watching the bad guy in the top hat & black coat tweak his whiskers and go, "Nya-ha-ha-haaaaaa!" a dozen times every week.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3744721;
    Orange Crush--hi. IMO the reason it feels "boring" is because they just keep showing Russell and not anyone else. I did a count on last night's show--they showed 16 different Russell scenes with him talking--that doesn't count the number of reaction shots they did of him when other people were talking.

SIXTEEN scenes of one player saying the sme things he's said every week.--and we wonder why it is boring?
    Hi WindDancer...I agree they have just spent too much time focusing on Russell... thinking all us viewers "love to hate" him...the problem is each week he says & does the same stupid things... so I don't know why they are shoving him down our throats...unless in all the hours of taping he was the only one who said or done anything that was the least bit interesting & they coudn't focus on anyone else...if the rest of them are that boring they better get knew people to pick contestants or this show will just continue to go downhill

the problem is each week he says & does the same stupid things

I agree but in confessionals the player is ASKED questions by the cameraman. If he keeps giving the same reply maybe THEY should come up with some differant questions!
    I Think The American Public Will See I'm Ethical And Honest

Richard Hatch Season 1

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeCrush;3746304;
    Hi WindDancer...I agree they have just spent too much time focusing on Russell... thinking all us viewers "love to hate" him...the problem is each week he says & does the same stupid things... so I don't know why they are shoving him down our throats...unless in all the hours of taping he was the only one who said or done anything that was the least bit interesting & they coudn't focus on anyone else...if the rest of them are that boring they better get knew people to pick contestants or this show will just continue to go downhill

I saw an ad for this week's episode--and guess who the ad is ALL about?

This is preposterous!

Do they think we ONLY care about that turkey?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by pawpaw;3746441;
    the problem is each week he says & does the same stupid things

I agree but in confessionals the player is ASKED questions by the cameraman. If he keeps giving the same reply maybe THEY should come up with some differant questions!

Or maybe they could talk to/ask questions of the other eleven players?

Then maybe I could learn who they are.

Didn't they kind of do they same with Coach last season. I remember seeing so much of him I actually cheered when he got voted off. You wouldn't think that Russell would make it that far to the end he is going to mess up sooner or later.
    It's got to be love.

Wind, at this point in the season, I'd much prefer to see them doing Yoga moves.
    I just don't like Russell, his belly, his lack of height, his Napoleon complex, or his dirty shorts.
    The problem is, with all the focus on him, his eventual departure will just be anti-climactic.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3746462;
    Or maybe they could talk to/ask questions of the other eleven players?

Then maybe I could learn who they are.
    Would it matter? The next 20 episodes could never show Russell but all your posts would be about him.
    I Think The American Public Will See I'm Ethical And Honest

Richard Hatch Season 1

I think there's a large amount of people out there who are tired of Russell. Wind seems to be one of many.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast