+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Has Survivor Jumped the Shark?

Re: Has Survivor Jumped the Shark?

I have watched every show from the very 1st...which will always be the best it has had it's up&down seasons every since...but I have to say by far this one is the worst We are already at the merge & hardly know any of the players from Galu...it's all been about Russell and only those who have interacted with him & don't see any of that changing & if not this season is nothing but a big disappointment

I feel as though the real game starts tonight, with the merge. 20 players was too many to keep track of. The merge will really shake up the relationships and we're mercifully down to only 12 people.

I think t has jumped the shark.
    The first season is still my favorite but, a lot of that is probably due to its novelty at the time. People didn't play to the cameras like they do now.
    Another major disappointment is that the people have become almost stock characters. I don't need to see 10 wannabee actress / model / reality show w*ores on this show. I'd like to see real people who actually want to be on the show. The deliberate casting of these stereotypical characters is, for me, the main reason the show is losing its appeal.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I think it is no different then most shows that start out good...you can only stay on the top for so long before people just get sick of the same old same old...what made "Survivor" so good is it was something different...but after 19 seasons it has just run it's course & has become boring&predictable

Yep, I'm pretty much done with Survivor. Can't believe I'm saying this, but the only thing that would compel me to watch again at this point is if they bring back Coach for an All-Stars season.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;3744173;
    Yep, I'm pretty much done with Survivor. Can't believe I'm saying this, but the only thing that would compel me to watch again at this point is if they bring back Coach for an All-Stars season.
    Well, that All-Stars thread is spoilering the cast of the show....I can't say more here.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeCrush;3744161;
    I think it is no different then most shows that start out good...you can only stay on the top for so long before people just get sick of the same old same old...what made "Survivor" so good is it was something different...but after 19 seasons it has just run it's course & has become boring&predictable
    Orange Crush--hi. IMO the reason it feels "boring" is because they just keep showing Russell and not anyone else. I did a count on last night's show--they showed 16 different Russell scenes with him talking--that doesn't count the number of reaction shots they did of him when other people were talking.

SIXTEEN scenes of one player saying the sme things he's said every week.--and we wonder why it is boring?

PWS
    FORT Fogey

A few seasons ago someone kept a count each week of the number of confessionals each player got....and a running total over the season....I can't imagine what that would look like this season!

FORT Fogey

Almost the entire first half of the show lat night was given over to Russell--and then in the second half he got most of the reaction shots while other contestants got few or none.

This is so screwy!

Russell is boring and his constant exposure is turning me off to Survivor.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3744940;
    Almost the entire first half of the show lat night was given over to Russell--and then in the second half he got most of the reaction shots while other contestants got few or none.

This is so screwy!

Russell is boring and his constant exposure is turning me off to Survivor.
    Or as Jeff Probst says in his blog " tired of too much Russell, sorry he's the only one doing anything"
    I Think The American Public Will See I'm Ethical And Honest

Richard Hatch Season 1

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast