+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 10/22 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 10/22 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Sometimes there are reward challenges that involve spending a day with the natives to learn how to cope. Jeff has said that food was so (relatively) plentiful that it wasn't, or wouldn't be, the problem it had been previous seasons. Rainwater availability certainly wasn't a problem in Samoa. I guess with all the recruits they lack people who might have pondered how to manage in the wild. This might be another reason Shambo is kept on at Galu in spiter of her Gallagher tendencies, assuming she shared her skills with them the way she did her times with Foa Foa.

Quote Originally Posted by pawpaw;3734492;
    Insider sence: Mick from Foa Foa explaining to his tribe what was going on with Russell S.

Russell at Galu, he was volume deplete, he was dehydrated, and performing strenuous exercises. He's sweating and his heart is trying to pump all that fluid aroud and maintain a decent pressure, blood pressure, to profuse his head, so his brain has some blood to keep things going. When that drops he could no longer maintain consciousness becaue of that. Dehydration, strenuous exercise, those things combined, you just...you can only, they're essentially a bunch of pipes, and if you can't keep them filled up with fluid, the presure goes out of them, and you're just drained, and night night. Out you go."

PS. Russell said if Galu won RC he was sending Shamboo again to miss the reward!

They were working on Russell for 45 minutes before they made the decision to pull him.
    I would have hoped that someone else would have volunteered to go to Foa Foa if Russell would have sent Shambo again. That's just totally unfair.
    "Never fry bacon in the nude"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by pawpaw;3734239;
    Also did not hit his head, just slowly collasped on the table.

In orther words the spoilers about Russell "having a seizure" were incorrect?

Maybe we shouldn't put so much faith in those spoilers?

From what I saw Russell fainted from low blood pressure brought about by physical activity his circulatory system could not handle at the time.

Most likely he has an underlying physical condition that only exhibits when his body is put under extreme physical stress.

I draw this conclusion from his saying early in last night's episdoe that he was "feeling weak for several days." He should have been checked out then.

It would most likely have prevented this entire dramatic event.

BTW--those medical people must be right there during the challenges because the one physician in the group--Mick--did NOT come immediately to Russell's aide as any trained medical personnel would.

I think Russell, himself, may have not realized the extent of the problem.
    He struck me as a guy who constantly pushed himself to the max. I doubt that he'd have given up even if he were feeling tired.
    I can't imagine what those people go through in those conditions.
    I can see why they give them a million dollar prize at the end.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

PWS
    FORT Fogey

To give Russell H. credit, he was out there in the rain, filling up containers with water....and drinking! If he shared maybe his tream wasn't as dehydrated.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3734445;
    Just her bad luck to be on a team with Russell H. who targets anyone, and especially any woman, who stands up to him.
    How can you say that? So far it's only been women who have turned against him.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum;3734692;
    How can you say that? So far it's only been women who have turned against him.
    So far it's only been women that he's dissed and made disrespectful sexist remarks about.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3734734;
    So far it's only been women that he's dissed and made disrespectful sexist remarks about.

Is it any wonder he disrespects them? Gawd they are as dumb as rocks. They aren't even trying, at the game or at surviving. They are an embarassment to all females!
    "Never fry bacon in the nude"

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Again, I wouldn't say that's so true of Liz. She's smart, and trying, but she's also nervous about offending Russell further as he was so threatening to her, and the guys seem to often follow him.

And Russell seems to be hinting that Jaison is no longer on his A list. True, we see a lot (editing?) of Jaison moaning, but I think it dates back to when J didn't go along with Russell at tribal council and dumped Ben.
    But I agree, Russell so far is only to their face rude (and scary) to the women.

So I wonder how those lazy louts on Russell's time will fare since he is no longer around?
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

+ Reply to Thread