+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 10/22 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: 10/22 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

I thought I heard Jeff say, BEFORE Russell passed out, that both teams would vote someone out, but one would get to eat pizza....and watch the other team vote. Then I thought the losers would leave and the winning team would do their vote.
    But some of you seem to be implying that only after Russell went down did that happen?
    And then Jeff changed his mind...

On the being cold topic...yes, I think Russell H's extra pounds are helping him, both with insulation and energy, but you'll notice there are a lot fewer of those pounds than at the start of the season when we were all lamenting his clothing choices and the gut revealed. The Survivor Diet strikes again.

I was surprised that nice Russell was able to make fire at all in that downpour and keep it going. And why do they not take down that hammock and lay it over the roof of their hut?
    Last edited by PWS; 10-23-2009 at 12:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3734317;
    I thought I heard Jeff say, BEFORE Russell passed out, that both teams would vote someone out, but one would get to eat pizza....and watch the other team vote. Then I thought the losers would leave and the winning team would do their vote.
    But some of you seem to be implying that only after Russell went down did that happen?
    No your correct

I was surprised that nice Russell was able to make fire at all in that downpour and keep it going. And why do they not take down that hammock and lay it over the roof of their hut?
    Or lay their blankets over the shelter--even wet they block most of the rain
    I Think The American Public Will See I'm Ethical And Honest

Richard Hatch Season 1

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Boring episode.
    I don't know why they just sat in that leaky shelter day after day, soaking wet. Why didn't they work continuously to fix the roof? They would have stayed warmer through movement and possibly could have made a dry shelter to help them get more sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders;3734341;
    Boring episode.
    I don't know why they just sat in that leaky shelter day after day, soaking wet. Why didn't they work continuously to fix the roof? They would have stayed warmer through movement and possibly could have made a dry shelter to help them get more sleep.
    because they are lazy children who are not concerned with 'bettering' themselves.

Even though Russel is one of the cockiest dudes in reality tv history I admire that he is actually out there 'surviving' and trying to win this game (instead of complaining, crying, etc...). I honestly don't understand what these folks expect when they go on this show known as SURVIVOR...paradise? I have actually discussed becoming a contestant on survivor with my husband several times, and we both agreed that we would not/could not brave the elements and maintain our sanity..ERGO, no need to ever be a contestant. Is this train of thought just too advanced for these contestants? Little too much logic? What is wrong with these people?

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders;3734341;
    Boring episode.
    I think it is because as the series goes on they get more and more people who want to be starts through reality tv and less and less people who get a rush out of the experience.

I remember how captivated I was the first year. And I was a newspaper editor back then. Very cynical.

Happy Thanksgiving! Passepartout's Avatar

Galu really has treated Shambo like dirt. And that she really is eccentric true. But she at least pulls her weight in the camp. Despite really losing my respect for Russell S, I really didn't think that he didn't deserve to go down like this. Really feel bad for him.
    Happy Thanksgiving!

Quote Originally Posted by Passepartout;3734361;
    Galu really has treated Shambo like dirt. And that she really is eccentric true. But she at least pulls her weight in the camp. Despite really losing my respect for Russell S, I really didn't think that he didn't deserve to go down like this. Really feel bad for him.
    I hope that the 4 guys aren't leading Shambo on about voting Monica off next.

But I keep reminding myself that this show is very heavily editted (when is this genre ever going to be renamed "faux reality" or "complete BS"?).

So maybe Russell S. wasn't really as much in danger as it seemed? It will be interesting to see what he says in interviews.

Did anyone catch (pun intended) what Shambo and the girls (term intended) were catching on the beach and putting into the satchel?
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

FORT Fogey

There is no reason for anyone to become dehydrated! It happens every season though most are not removed from the game. They have access to water so I don't get it. Russell's ego didn't allow him to sit out this challenge and that is just not smart; he knew he was weak and not feeling well. He also made a huge mistake in not taking the tarp in lieu of pillows and blankets on that reward challenge awhile back. Note to future castaways: If they are offering a tarp they know something you do not. Take it. A tarp would not even be offered in the desert.

Yes, indeed, what a boring show.

Shambo excluded I don't think we have ever seen such weak women on a cast. They are just sitting there waiting to be plucked.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3734317;
    Before the challenge, Jeff said both teams would attend TC and the winning tribe would eat hot pizza in front of the losing tribe. After the challenge was interrupted by RS' collapse, Jeff said both tribes would attend TC and each vote someone out. At the end of TC Jeff said there would be no vote. So Jeff changed the rules twice.

aside from everything that's already been said, it was just weird watching the ending and having the van driving down the dirt road instead of a torch being snuffed and someone leaving tribal council. it didn't feel right at all.
    _(Moo!)

+ Reply to Thread