+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 10/01 Show Thread

Re: 10/01 Show Thread

I kinda lost interest when Russell found the Idol. Strange he knew exactly where it was and which tribe it would be on. How did he even know there was an Idol? Fishy, fishy.

Quote Originally Posted by Oceansands;3716391;
    I kinda lost interest when Russell found the Idol. Strange he knew exactly where it was and which tribe it would be on. How did he even know there was an Idol? Fishy, fishy.
    They were told no exile island then saw a player given a note to open in secret just like the last 2-3 seasons when it was clues for HII. No hard to figure out it was for HII. As for finding it it took him 2-3 days too. First photo's of him looking he is dressed and still somewhat clean shaven. When he finds it he is dressed differantly and has much more growth on his face. Clearly a different day.
    I Think The American Public Will See I'm Ethical And Honest

Richard Hatch Season 1

Are tribal councils still every third day? If so, with the combined reward/immunity challenges there is more downtime in between and more opportunity to be useful around camp. I thought it might be to recover from the very physical challenges, but maybe starting with 20 players they are more often.

FORT Fan

I'm really missing the separate reward and immunity challenges. I also don't understand why the challenges this season are so physically violent. That's really not entertaining to me.

Russell H is getting old fast. I'm really tired of listening to what a brilliant mind he has and how he's running the game. That said, he's a scary-smart player. I didn't think he could put his ego aside and go with Ben, but he was able to. And he used the idol to win another person's trust. In the long run, it doesn't even matter if FoaFoa can use that idol or not - it's already done Russell a lot of good.

I want to see Galu! Aside from dreadlock Russell and Shambo and Jasmine, I don't even know who they are! I almost wish they'd do a tribe mix-up or merge just so we could see those people. I like Shambo but it doesn't look like her standing in her own tribe is very good. I also think that the weight of leadership is going to bring dreadlocked Russell down. Which is a shame, he seems like a good guy.

So...is this the longest that a hot young blonde woman wasn't voted out of the game? All three are still there. Maginificent.

What's your rush? They just got their hot bikinis. LOL

These challenges are getting to be a bit much. It's one thing to reward physical strength; quite another to reward brute, violent physical strength. I hope they stop it soon.
    I absolutely love Jaison after last night. It's very rare that anyone on these shows points out, in a clear articulate manner, that someone (Ben) is a total pig and racist. Also, Jaison had the guts to put himself on the line as a target by doing so. I think he's my favorite player right now.
    Do people like Ben not realize that they're going to have to go back to life in the real world after their stint on reality TV? Why anyone would want to be remembered for such ugly antics is totally beyond me.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3716549;
    Do people like Ben not realize that they're going to have to go back to life in the real world after their stint on reality TV? Why anyone would want to be remembered for such ugly antics is totally beyond me.
    People like Ben do not see their behavior as ugly. They think they are absolutely fine in the way they comport themselves, and that if a person does not in every way agree with them, that person is the one who needs an attitude adjustment.

By the way, I've wanted to point this out but have been too busy to post regularly. Ben did not TRIP whomever during that challenge he got kicked out of - he KICKED him in the back of the leg. That was confirmed for me when watching a re-run of the event yesterday. He kicked straight out and connected bottom of foot with back of calf.

Tripping would have been bad enough. When I saw that, I knew Jeff was going to call him out. I would have, too. That's a pretty direct, and brutal offense. Particularly after having been warned.

"Outlaw, baby." Stupid ignorant brute. Good riddence. And I didn't think I could dislike someone MORE than Russel H.

FORT Fogey

I haven't been tuning in regularly so I watched all 3 episodes back to back last night.

Just a couple of thoughts:

Russell - I have no problem with how Russell is playing the game. The fact that he can proceed without emotion is not that common, but others have done it. Russell is just in-your-face with it during the interviews. I don't even care how cocky he is. He's just calling things the way he sees them. Plus, he's right! I doubt he'll win (although he may come close). He's too strong too soon. There is quite a bit of time left and he is bound to be found out - and dealt with. I'd be surprised if he weren't.

Ben - I don't think I heard any purely racist remarks. Kool-aid and ketchup sandwiches refer to poverty, not skin color. Poor grammar is a reflection of poor education, not skin color. And quite frankly, the girl he lashed out at deserved it. What an idiot to speak the way she did to the other camp. I'm with Russell. She was completely over the top and disprespectful. I hope she learned a lesson watching tribal council. Still, having said all that, I can't help be think that Ben had race on his mind when speaking to her.

Recruited contestants vs. contestants who apply - if it's true that only 1/3 of the contestants make it via the application process, and the rest are recruited, then I have no pity for the 2/3. Once asked to "perform", it becomes a show - not reality. I pick up on some apathy from some of the players. Could be that some of these are those who were recruited. Someone posted above that they liked the recruited players better than the ones who apply. Not me. I think the real-life players are far more interesting (the cop, Shambo, etc.).

Jaison and The Doctor - GORGEOUS!!!! Plus intelligent, educated, well-mannered, articulate, kind, athletic, tall/dark/&handsome.....These two are something else. I think I'm going to watch the remainder of the show just to oogle them. Two on the same show seems odd, but I'm quite happy about it!
    Last edited by Jexter; 10-02-2009 at 03:37 PM.

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Russell doesn't bother me that much. I usually can't stand his type, but he just seems fake to me, so I don't really care what he says. It's pretty obvious that his goal on this show was to the "biggest villian in Survivor history".

I'm so glad that Ben got the boot. That guy was delusional, uneducated, and a racist. And, what up with the outfit? I didn't know they made Garanimals in adult sizes.

Jaison is intelligent and articulate. Definitely my favorite player so far. I like that he stood up for what was right.

The other team - who are they? I don't even know their names, except for Shambo. What a bummer for them to be up against the "biggest villian in Survivor history". No camera time for them because we need to hear Russell's commentary about absolutely everything that is going on.

+ Reply to Thread