+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 10/01 Show Thread

Re: 10/01 Show Thread

Quote Originally Posted by wannasee;3716219;
    Wow, I completely love Jaison, now. Interesting, though, that where his way of "defending" women was great, I found Galu Russell's remarks horrible (condescending, as an earlier poster said). I'd have been mortified if he chose that crap, using ME as an excuse.

I liked seeing Shambo a little more easy-going around people but I don't understand why she couldn't do that on her own tribe. I wish, though, that Jaison could somehow get that idol from RH and give it to Shambo...

I miss the separate reward challenges.
    Obviously you have never been a guy around a bunch of unhappy women. (That's why he used his wife and daughter as an example, he's experienced it first hand) They wanted that comfort stuff and Russell was going to have hell to pay if he didn't give it to them. To heck with what the guys think.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

^I know, but at the same time the other men (Dave, Erik) were completely correct. What good is comfort when you have nothing to protect you from the elements? A lot of these women are just lousy-I don't mean this to offend, but this is possibly the worst group of women that they have gotten together since, oh, Fiji. Shambo is the one who can make the biggest impact, and if you stick her and RH on the same tribe, he won't be so overconfident.

Jaison...mmm, mmm, mmm. Speaks his mind AND easy on the eyes. Hubba hubba. Watching him verbally slaughter Ben was a treat.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

Look on Russell's face as if he didn't like Shambo. At least she wasn't rude like Yasmine was. Despite the 90210 comment. And I agree with her, her tribe should be trying to keep up with the wood and fire. Because they are going to need it in the long run. In the end, she will be like, to Galua "I told you so!" If they don't keep water boiling and wood chopping! Shambo seemed to really like Foa Foa than her own tribe. If they want to do yoga, fine! But as long as you need to keep wood chopping and water boiling!
    NFL 2014 is Here!

ďOh my God, Iím an outlaw, Iím a renegade, but they splashed me in the face. I canít tackle anybody now. Sorry. I got splashed.Ē

Yeah, by that point I was applauding and laughing so hard. Jaison just rocked it! I decided to stop watching since this became "The Socipath Russell Show", but thank goodness my friends called me and convinced me to tune in, Icause 'm soooo glad I got to see Jaison put that jerk ben in his place and completely throw a loop in Needs-An-Exorcism Russel's plans. Now if only he could wise up to Russell's scheme...

And count me as a big Shambo fan. She's fun, and useful. Seriously, her tribemates are a bunch of spoiled kids, since they can't seem to appreciate how she's actually doing something. Hopefully the guys who didn't like Leader Russell's decision of comfort over necessities can now see her point of view on this all.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Rembrant;3716236;
    “Oh my God, I’m an outlaw, I’m a renegade, but they splashed me in the face. I can’t tackle anybody now. Sorry. I got splashed.”

Yeah, by that point I was applauding and laughing so hard. Jaison just rocked it! I decided to stop watching since this became "The Socipath Russell Show", but thank goodness my friends called me and convinced me to tune in, Icause 'm soooo glad I got to see Jaison put that jerk ben in his place and completely throw a loop in Needs-An-Exorcism Russel's plans. Now if only he could wise up to Russell's scheme...

And count me as a big Shambo fan. She's fun, and useful. Seriously, her tribemates are a bunch of spoiled kids, since they can't seem to appreciate how she's actually doing something. Hopefully the guys who didn't like Leader Russell's decision of comfort over necessities can now see her point of view on this all.

And if her tribe ever loses immunity they'll probably vote HER off.

Nothing like a strong (physically AND emotionally) woman to get the immature folks all passive aggressive.

Note also how Russell was watching her with the same chauvinistic malevolence he reserves for all women.

I think even he has figured out he can't bend her--even temporarily--to his nasty will.

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by oneTVslave;3716152;
    I definitely agree with this statement. It is different than if they were all just lazily lying around in the sun, like we've seen before on past seasons. Getting some good stretching and some mental relaxation in would certainly make them stronger competitors. And how long could it really have taken, an hour at most?
    yeah, but I get the feeling that may be the very most they are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerusty;3716229;
    Obviously you have never been a guy around a bunch of unhappy women. (That's why he used his wife and daughter as an example, he's experienced it first hand) They wanted that comfort stuff and Russell was going to have hell to pay if he didn't give it to them. To heck with what the guys think.
    i agree. and the way the women enjoyed all those things like kids on Christmas, russell was right. they could make do with what they had. this was to be their third consecutive reward, right? they could afford to kind of waste it in the name of morale.
    _(Moo!)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Yeah, I was shocked to hear that Shambo thought that yoga was prissy-prissy stuff. I thought it was a great way to start the day. It's not as if they were doing it all day long.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3716148;
    One thing I thought when Shambo was whining about the "90210" group doing yoga is that yoga is physically and mentally beneficial and perhaps the benefits incurred are why Galu keep winning. And if so, she should just shut the hell up.
    I would agree as long as things were getting done around the camp. We (I) haven't seen enough of that darned camp yet to know whether they are never chopping wood or going to get water in the downtime.

Shambo might have the energy to just get the work done first and play later, but she also needs to realize that others might need to have a bit more balance and ease into their day. But then if they aren't getting it done at ANY time then I'm all behind her whining.

I hate that they still haven't shown a lot of Galu. I feel that I don't really know those people... and don't ask me to name them when they come on screen.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Trista;3716128;
    Typically if you leave stuff out there, it's fair game for everyone else to use. I haven't heard any stories of people giving others their stuff after getting voted, though-I don't think it's against the rules, per se.
    Back in S2-Australia "Mad Dog" Marilyn gave Amber her hat as she was walking over in TC to have her torch snuffed. But who knows what the rules are now?
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

+ Reply to Thread