+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hidden Immunity Idol - *spoilers*

Hidden Immunity Idol - *spoilers*

OK, we all know that Russell H has the hidden immunity idol on his tribe. However, something is confusing me...

This is why the spoilers:

Watching the TV Guide Channel's preview of the show before it started airing, Probst mentions that there are indeed the two hidden idols - BUT - the one that is for said tribe is on the OTHER tribe's side.

This means that Foa Foa's is at Galu and vice versa.

Russell, however, has indeed found the one that is at their camp's location.

It also explains why Jasmin got a clue to the HII when she was at their camp.

So... here's where it gets tricky:
    • This should mean that Russell's HII is indeed invalid because he has the wrong idol, but wouldn't they need to warn him that it is the wrong one in the long list of rules? I mean, shouldn't it say "Congratulations Galu tribe member - you have found the HII" meaning that he, as a Foa Foa member, has the wrong one and he has to hide it?

Or

Does this mean that Jeff was blowing smoke in our eyes and it is indeed valid for either tribe and Russell could effectively find the second one like James in China?

Now, this could lead to some humor at council if indeed they must have the other one located on the other team's campgrounds: Jeff could say "this is the wrong HII" and instead of casting it into the fire, have it rehidden for the other tribe to find again.

Of course, the question there would be did they play it smart and make sure the two necklaces were different so they know which tribe's was its HII or could Russell have a legit argument if he did use it to say that it has to be honored because it is the same HII either side?

Re: Hidden Immunity Idol - *spoilers*

The HII is good, Yasmim was allowed to share the clue with Foa Foa if she wanted. What would be the point is a Foa Foa found the idol then couldn't use it.
    I Think The American Public Will See I'm Ethical And Honest

Richard Hatch Season 1

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Well, maybe just to tell them that there is indeed an HII somewhere...

Russell could hold on to it, offer to trade it with the other team if he can't use it. Or maybe after the merge it will be good for him as well....

I recall Probst has said the two HIIs are different but it probably wouldn't matter. Jeff sees the "dailies" and knows RH found the idol. I figure at some point he'll taunt RH at tribal council.

No reason Jeff has to tell anyone what the rules are. What fun is that? I like when the players make assumptions based on prior years. Nothing has to carry over.

"We have two hidden immunity idols, but they have their own set of clues, and you can only find the one that's for your tribe, they can only find the one that's for their tribe. The problem is, they're hidden at the other tribe's camp. So you have to get selected to go over there, and then you have to find it, underneath their eyes."

I believe he means the clues are differant, not like China were the idols were hid in same place. Plus YOU CAN find the idol, Russell already did so. Do you thing if Yasmim had shared her clue with Natalie and she found it they would of taken it away from her, sorry wrong tribe.

The idol comes with a set of instructions on where,when, if the idol can or can not be used. I think "this idol is for Gula only" would been noticed by Russell or Jaison.

This is from Probst's blog

Russell finds the idol. Oh man you guys hated that, right? But come on. The dude found the idol with no clue. Let me repeat that…he found the idol with no clue. He told them he was looking for it. He dug in front of them. Nobody even questioned it. “Booh-yah.”

Jaison certainly did not like the fact that Russell was in possession of the idol, but Jaison HE found it. He got off his ass and found it. Like him or not, the dude hustles. Also, unfortunately or fortunately, depending on how you look at it, I can’t make Russell go home faster or stay longer. “It is what it is. It will be what it will be.”

PERSONAL INSIGHT: As Jaison walked away from Russell (who was holding the idol) he said in reference to the idol, “We’ll discuss it later.” This is what I’m talking about Jaison. There will be no discussing it later. Russell has it, you’re not getting it. This is not a conference room where you two will negotiate a fair and just settlement. He owns it and now he owns you. He does. You better change that and quickly.

I think Yasmim told someone of the clue and they told their tribe--Russell told Betsy and Mike to there faces he was looking for the idol and was looking in trees like the clue said.

Russell also did not find the idol that quickly. At first he is looking with hardly any facial hair then finds it wearing only boxers and much more hair--he was looking for a day or 2. Lastly there is
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Russell is on allstars, noway he is booted in episode 4-5 by playing a fake idol or he wouldn't made allstars.
    I Think The American Public Will See I'm Ethical And Honest

Richard Hatch Season 1

RH may "own" it, but that doesn't mean he can play it. When Jeff said "you can only find the one that's for your tribe", I'm sure that's what he meant. Otherwise, you come back from the other tribe's camp, knowing there is an idol for you there, and you'll figure out you can also look for one in your camp. Like James did in China, but this isn't China.

FORT Fogey

Pawpaw--not sure I understand what you're saying here.

To me based on what's been quoted from Jeff--it means that Russell found the HII for the OTHER tribe.

Yes?

Which means it is NOT valid for his own use.

If I'm wrong-please explain to me why that might be?

Thanks for your additional thoughts on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3715352;
    To me based on what's been quoted from Jeff--it means that Russell found the HII for the OTHER tribe.

Yes?

Which means it is NOT valid for his own use.
    That is exactly how I understand it. And since Jeff knows RH has it (from the dailies or camera crew reports), it doesn't even matter if the two idols look exactly the same, Jeff knows it is the wrong idol.

i don't know, i think an idol is an idol is an idol. i think jeff's description of the idols being located at one tribe for the other tribe to find were to set us up to expect a certain structure that the players would follow. russell "thought outside the box" and did something that wasn't expected.

besides, how often has an idol actually been played? usually it's just a symbol of power. his possessing an idol, even one he can't use, might be immunity enough. to vote out someone with an idol, you have to be prepared to vote them out twice, you need the numbers to withstand his attack on you after you've shown your hand. i don't think jaison has that.

i think if jaison tried to flush out the idol, say he even convinced mick and ben to vote with him, i think russell would be out for blood, would intimidate his "dumb girls" into sticking with him and picking off the men one by one
    _(Moo!)

+ Reply to Thread