+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 9/24 Show Discussion

Re: 9/24 Show Discussion

Yasmin... wow... just wow... worst gameplay ever, and that's saying something considering some of the bad moves in survivor history.
    Last edited by Bill; 09-24-2009 at 11:38 PM.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3710809;

Does anyone else think that booting someone from a violent competition for violence is well--hypocritical?

Bleah.
    I would agree the challenge was just asking for trouble. I am not a huge fan of the "battle" type challenges, but I think they arose from the good old days where the physical players could be picked off early with no penalty to the team for doing so.

That said, I find that having Jeff as the sole judge of what was a cheap shot or not a little shaky given it seemed just about everything going on was bad.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Ok did they think that sort of challenge was not going to lead to physical violence?
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

And that's the point-it is a violent challenge. No ifs, ands, or buts. That being said, Ben was appalling-we all know Russell is evil, but Ben will end up hated by many as well.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

Quote Originally Posted by pawpaw;3710719;
    watched the TV guide preview--Probst says the tribes can only use the HII from the other camp--I not sure russell can use this--but does his tribe know that?
    But, since Russell found it already, the other tribe won't be able to!

FORT Fogey

It was stated on the Mike B thread that he'd been in trainiong for some time before the show began.

Nope. Otherwise he would have lost that big gut and his apparent heart/circulatory problems would have made an appearance during his training.

Also they still are calling Evil Russell an "oil company owner" when he just owns trucks that transport oil.

I'm beginning to wonder--does this show tell the truth about anyone?

It was stated on the Mike B thread that he'd been in trainiong for some time before the show began.

Nope. Otherwise he would have lost that big gut and his apparent heart/circulatory problems would have made an appearance during his training

He lost 30 pounds

Ironic he failed to make it on Tocantins because of high pressure and is evaced off samoa for low pressure
    I Think The American Public Will See I'm Ethical And Honest

Richard Hatch Season 1

Quote Originally Posted by Bill;3710818;
    I would agree the challenge was just asking for trouble.

Amen! What did they think would happen and although Ben was stupid to trip someone after Probst made his speech, how was it all that much worse than what others were doing? Um...an all-out tackle is okay but not tripping? Wasn't it JT got a tooth knocked out in something similar? Totally on the show, that mess.

Betsy, I really liked her but I was also over the "I am a cop" stuff the last episode, esp. when I found out she just went into it. (This comes from a female cop with 21+ years.) For all her obvious intuition that would help her immensely on the job, she sure did not use it advantageously.

Yasmin, when Ben insults your grammar as if he knows what he's talking about, ouch. She did not do anything for her tribe, IMO, although it'll be interesting to see what if anything she goes back to them with.

I was really hoping good things for Shambo, but damn! Too many other thoughts, I'm rambling. Good episode, though, and I stand by my original statements about RH.

(Also wonder if even though they made it look like Jaison wants to oust Russell, it could really be Ben or someone else?)

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3710793;
    Can I just say that I love Russell. lol.
    We're an exclusive club, but not feeling miserable like all the others...

Oh, he's a vile horrible troll, we gotta admit that. But stupid people are stupid people and there's a perverse joy in seeing these sheep taken down so easily.

Lets see if this catches up to him next episode. At this point? I actually hope NOT.

He may say or do something eventually which over-rides the entertainment value of seeing him take these morons apart, but I'll deal with that when it happens. For the mean time? Its a good ride. I mean I can't get that offended at him sneering at people as worthless as what seems to have been cast other than him. Or at him being a gloaty McGloatpants and ranting about "ruling the game". I mean its no skin off my knee if he gloats--if he's caught eventually there will be entertainment in his being brought down, and if he's NOT caught then... well... he'd deserve the gloating.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Fogey

I can't enjoy how he disrespects women--regardless of how he plays the game.

I know I'm not the only one objecting to his overt and nasty sexism.

+ Reply to Thread