+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: 9/17 Premiere Show discussion *Spoilers*

Ryan ~ Reid ~ Roberto ryanfan4vr's Avatar

Re: 9/17 Premiere Show discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3705455;
    If they would stop and think about Russel's Katrina story for one minute they would see it as a tall tale instantly. All police and firefighters along with other rescue organizations were in place and ready to help, not at home. It is also unlikely that he lived in a very poor neighborhhood, predominantly black.
    Good catch about the stuck at home/firefighter point.

Let's hope someone else was quick enough to catch it as well.

I still can't understand why anyone would have bought Russell's story about being a firefighter at Katrina. Does he have the athletic build to be a firefighter?? No way. The man looks like he sits around drinking beer from noon to dawn.
    Russell realized early on that Marisa was wise to him and was also smart. Not at all surprising that he would look to getting her voted off.
    How does Survivor manage to find so many disagreeable, unpleasant people??
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3705609;
    Does he have the athletic build to be a firefighter?? No way. The man looks like he sits around drinking beer from noon to dawn.
    Did you see him carry that wood bundle ( that almost killed Erik) one strong dude.
    I Think The American Public Will See I'm Ethical And Honest

Richard Hatch Season 1

I was also thinking that RH hauled those stumps or whatever pretty well and got up those obstacles as good as anyone in the IC. There are emergency services people who are overweight, some can function in their jobs, where it's a concern is like the guy on Biggest Loser who says he's worried that it could get in the way of saving someone. As good a person as that one seems, he's the one that should be off the job. Still, that is a good point poster made in questioning that he would be home in bed when the hurricane hit.

pawpaw, thanks for the "behind the scenes" stuff, that was interesting. Where do you find those (or do you have a connection to the game)? This is my first season posting, I've lurked for a couple seasons so I (hopefully) don't break any rules!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks;3705562;
    Won't happen for a while if they realize they also need strength on the tribe and they don't figure out he is responsible for the sabotage. Betsy should out herself and then obtain tribe blessing to do an internal affairs review, LOL.

They weren't the tribe that won the reward challenge, right? How did they end up with fire so quickly?
    One tribe won the reward challenge and got fire then. The other won immunity and got fire as well, although they didn't make a huge deal of that being part of winning immunity.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by pawpaw;3705314;
    OK people, Survivor has boardcast Russel for weeks as the "villian"--did you think you were going to see one nice thing about him? Do you think you will later?

Coach was given the same edit, dozen confessionals every show being cocky, HOWEVER the insider clips ( sences that were cut we seen the next day often had clips of him being nice or helpfull to players.) Why didn't we see these? Because he was edit to be evil so any "nice" crap was dumped so we were sure to hate him.

If a person has 6 good confessionals and 6 bad confessionals and the show only shows 6 of you being bad and only 1 good over time you will be seen as bad ( or vice versa)

Happens every season, we get one hero and one villian. Think Paulu were Stephanie was the nicest girl ever and the next season the biggest bitch ever--same girl, did she change that much in 6 months?
    Pawpaw--hi. While I agree that we see only a small portion of everything that goes on and that is said--

I am judging Russel by what he has done.

And what he has done and said so far is reprehensible and IMO borderline sociopathic.

And I personally do not find sociopaths to be entertaining or enjoyable.

If he's not gone soon I may very well not watch this season.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3705646;
    One tribe won the reward challenge and got fire then. The other won immunity and got fire as well, although they didn't make a huge deal of that being part of winning immunity.

PWS--hi.

That's for sure. Jeff just threw the flint to them as though it were a kind of afterthought.

Giving both tribes fire so early makes me wonder what has gone on behind the scenes production-wise (and perhaps legally) in terms of a team not having had fire.

I thought they always gave the tribe winning immunity fire. The reward challenge was strange, though. That doesn't usually happen day one.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;3705715;
    I thought they always gave the tribe winning immunity fire. The reward challenge was strange, though. That doesn't usually happen day one.
    Winning team always gets fire, losers get fire at that first TC.

So winners get fire day 1, losers day 3.--If they don't make it themselves ala YAU MAN!!!!
    I Think The American Public Will See I'm Ethical And Honest

Richard Hatch Season 1

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3705706;
    PWS--hi.

That's for sure. Jeff just threw the flint to them as though it were a kind of afterthought.

Giving both tribes fire so early makes me wonder what has gone on behind the scenes production-wise (and perhaps legally) in terms of a team not having had fire.
    I would guess it would have to do with having drinkable water...no fire, no safe water. Yes, you can filter it through dirty t-shirts, but boiling is a lot safer. And no water also equals dehydration, lousy competitions, possible serious health issues.

+ Reply to Thread