+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: 9/17 Premiere Show discussion *Spoilers*

FORT Fogey

Re: 9/17 Premiere Show discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Bill;3705206;
    Somehow I feel that invoking quotes from Norm in Cheers at tribal council should result in immediate torch snuffing.
    Hysterical!

Count me out for enjoying Russel. I hope the police woman alerts the others to her suspicions.

The only way we have seen a team remain strong in the early challenges is through solidarity. Russel just may screw his own plan by keeping his team on edge. He should be doing this after the merge, not now when he needs a strong team to remain in the game.

Clearly he is going to last a long time, unfortunately.

It is obvious that Russell was not loved as a child. His distaste for women is appalling which probably proves IMO that his mother must not have loved him enough or she was out of the picture completely. Hopefully he will be gone soon!
    "Since no one can ever know for certain whether or not his own view of life is the correct one, it is absolutely impossible for him to know if someone else's is the wrong one." -Gore Vidal

FORT Newbie

As someone who went through Katrina and know so many people that lost absolutely everything...Russell's Katrina story was the lowest of low, in my opinion.

Does anybody know why the country bumpkin hated Marisa so much?? What did she do to him?

I've wondered about the clothing thing myself. Even if they are told to "dress" for the photo shoot...in the back of my mind I would still be saying "maybe I shouldn't wear these 4 inch spike heels" or "maybe I should rethink these dress slacks and 'Sunday' shoes"!

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;3705135;
    Ok, Liz whining already that Russell picked her as the smart one, claiming it is an Asian stereotype. I hope we don't have to hear that kind of stuff from her while she is on the show.
    That's exactly what I thought when I heard her say that. Then, look what I found in the spoiler thread. Ughgh

'Survivor' contestant Elizabeth Kim says racism was hardest challenge on CBS reality show

Quote Originally Posted by atlMD;3705174;
    When you start messing with people's personal belongings, I think it's gone too far. Why would he burn stuff?
    I agree...that was mean. But it was also part of the mind game he's playing with his tribe.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel;3705368;
    That's exactly what I thought when I heard her say that. Then, look what I found in the spoiler thread. Ughgh

'Survivor' contestant Elizabeth Kim says racism was hardest challenge on CBS reality show
    I don't know - we've already heard the "Afro-American" comment from bad-beard dude, and like it or not, "Asians are smart" is a common stereotype, albeit a somewhat less offensive one than "blanks are stupid/lazy/criminal" so she's not wrong there. And these are just two things not edited out of the first episode. And since Russell and Ben both appear to be misogynistic, it wouldn't be much of a stretch to feel that they just may be racist also, so I'm going to cut her a little slack.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Marisa was stupid for confronting Russell. She should've showed a little more restraint before opening that mouth of hers. All she did was guarantee her own ouster and she has only herself to blame for that. I'm no fan of Russell, but he seems to be getting his way for the moment so it would've been smart simply to stroke his ego this early in the game.

Well, they managed to find someone more despicable than Johnny Fairplay. Russell is a pyscho douchebag! I felt uncomfortable everytime he came on my TV screen, made me feel dirty and I wanted to go take a bath. That's bad. I hope his team realizes he's sabotaging them and vote him off fast!

Ryan ~ Reid ~ Roberto ryanfan4vr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bill;3705198;
    I don't think Jeff stretched much this off season. His first "Survivors ready! Go!" had hardly any arm extension whatsoever. Come on Jeff, you gotta stay in shape!
    Hilarious!

Quote Originally Posted by Scrapdaddy;3705367;
    As someone who went through Katrina and know so many people that lost absolutely everything...Russell's Katrina story was the lowest of low, in my opinion.
    Yup. Fairplay's dead Grandma story has been surpassed, I guess. I wonder if he's that good at making stuff up on the spot or if he'd been practising that little story for weeks before going on the show. Pretty devious.

I agree with those who say he's overplaying it really early on, and hopefully it will bite him in that saggy butt soon. I think he knows he has to watch out for the 'old lady' - he said she wasn't as dumb as the young girls (my daughters were appalled that he called the girls that ... teachable moment for me ... thanks Russell).

Marissa's crime was to say to his face that she didn't really trust Russell and he was out for her blood. Looks like the same thing happens next week. Why don't these women form some kind of alliance?? They are going to get picked off one by one. Argh.
    Congratulations Mickey and Pete!

+ Reply to Thread