+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yasmin Giles - Survivor Samoa

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

Yasmin Giles - Survivor Samoa

Yasmin Giles

Hometown: Los Angeles, Calif.

Yasmin Giles is nicknamed “Sassy Yassy” and is ready to show everybody how she got this moniker. An opinionated motor mouth from the Motor City, she always speaks her mind.

Growing up in Detroit, Yasmin claims her life experiences have prepared her for anything that comes her way. She is aware that her know-it-all attitude can rub people the wrong way, but she doesn’t care. “If you’re going to give it to somebody straight, real and raw, then a big mouth doesn’t matter, because they are going to think about what I said and realize Yasmin was right!”

Yasmin believes that once you get past her constant chatter, she is likeable, funny and quick-witted. In addition, working in a beauty salon has helped her learn how to hustle because she is constantly competing with the other employees for new clientele in order to earn a living. While she may look feminine, Yasmin insists she’s a tomboy at heart.

A firm believer in the mantra “winners never quit and quitters never win,” Yasmin claims she’s a winner and she’ll never quit SURVIVOR. “I want to do this and I want to take it all the way.”

Yasmin is single and currently resides in Los Angeles, Calif.

Survivor Cast - CBS.com

Who is John Galt?

Re: Yasmin Giles - Survivor Samoa

In the past, constant talkers have been booted early. Opinionated, sassy girls don't do well either. Three marks against her going in. She is cute though.

Quote Originally Posted by aname2;3685712;
    In the past, constant talkers have been booted early. Opinionated, sassy girls don't do well either. Three marks against her going in. She is cute though.
    Totally agree on the chatter. She better be careful.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

I will wait until I see her video to fully judge her. I think I will either really like her or really dislike her. Some chatter-ers aren't that bad. I'm hoping she's more of an entertainer than an annoyance!

Quote Originally Posted by aname2;3685712;
    Make it four --growing up in Detroit, and considering her line of work, I strongly doubt she has any outdoor skills at all.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

This is what Jeff had to say...

A question mark-athletic, but definitely not the kind to do business in the woods. He wouldn't be surprised if she is first off. Definitely lived a softer life.

So, definitely not the first! I don't even know who she is yet, so she's probably not going too soon....

I have a feeling she WILL be going soon. It seems like Survivor does not cast very many athletic/in shape and attractive black women, and when they are cast, they are booted early. The last woman like Yasmin (and when I say this I mean in shape and black with a little bit of sass) to make it far was I believe Tijuana. I personally love sassy women but they ALWAYS go early. Judging by next week's preview, Yassy seems sassy to me!! Meaning she's probably a goner I hate it.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Sass seems to be interpreted as trouble causing, uppity....the young white women play much more under the radar usually. The last "sassy" young white woman I can think of was Gerri... and she wasn't all that young...and was hated. Maybe I'm forgetting someone though? Uppity women aren't popular with the men....Survivor seems to bring out the Neanderthal in guys... me fish/you cook kind of stuff....

Wow! Last night really showed she does not know how to "win friends and influence people". If she does make it to the merge the Foa Foa tribe is going to do all they can to boot her.
    I was totally shocked at how she came into their camp! WOW!

Also... looks like she didn't tell anyone about that clue. I find it funny that it will go unfound since Russ got it and it was supposed to be for the other tribe (or at least for the other tribe to share the info with someone)... could be interesting how that plays out.

Obviously thre tree is one that stands out, Yasmin. Probably in the middle of the main camp somewhere. Not just any 'ol tree.

But I LOVE her! I love what she brings to the show. I just like big characters in general.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast