+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Marisa Calihan - Survivor Samoa

Re: Marisa Calihan - Survivor Samoa

Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd;3706153;
    I certainly can't fault her for that one. So far Ben seems like a jerk. He's more annoying to me than Russell.....and that's saying something
    Right, I can't fault her for that either, except I think it's a little naive to get in a fight with someone on day 2!

Since when is being born in Ohio mean that you are a first generation Appalachian?? I hear Appalachian I think Dueling Banjos not Ohio. (What was the name of that movie??)

Oh, I just googled the definition of Appalachia and it is a cultural region that include the south and eastern part of Ohio. What surprised me is that it includes of Pennsylvania where I lived and went to school and I never knew that it was Appalachian. Thanks for the great education Penn State.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 09-20-2009 at 09:08 AM.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3706708;
    Since when is being born in Ohio mean that you are a first generation Appalachian?? I hear Appalachian I think Dueling Banjos not Ohio. (What was the name of that movie??)

Oh, I just googled the definition of Appalachia and it is a cultural region that include the south and eastern part of Ohio. What surprised me is that it includes of Pennsylvania where I lived and went to school and I never knew that it was Appalachian. Thanks for the great education Penn State.
    "Deliverance" w Burt Reynolds, Ned Beatty, Jon Voight and Ronny Cox. It was filmed in Georgia and South Carolina.

Appalachia is where the Appalachian mountains are, I would think. I wondered why they would use that term to describe where a person is from, unless they (TPTB) are trying to slant the viewer's perception into thinking this contestant "less than intelligent". ARGH!!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by french dip;3706713;
    "Deliverance" w Burt Reynolds, Ned Beatty, Jon Voight and Ronny Cox. It was filmed in Georgia and South Carolina.

Appalachia is where the Appalachian mountains are, I would think. I wondered why they would use that term to describe where a person is from, unless they (TPTB) are trying to slant the viewer's perception into thinking this contestant "less than intelligent". ARGH!!
    And since the Appalachian Trail basically runs from the north to the south of the country I guess that could include a whole lotta states!

Usually people use the term to refer to the people who live in the isolated villages in the "hollers"....Coal Miner's Daughter type of stuff.... Very rural.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234