+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jaison Robinson - Survivor Samoa

FORT Newbie

Re: Jaison Robinson - Survivor Samoa

Quote Originally Posted by Bill;3686140;
    Diplomacy is an incredible game and indeed good preparation for this type of game. Water Polo team too? Fit, smart, prepared. Should do quite well.
    Playing Diplomacy is a *fantastic* way to prep for something like Survivor.

You have to manage short and long-term strategies with multiple alliances, make people think they are serving their own interests when they are actually serving yours, detect accurately when someone is lying to you, and convincingly sell yourself as a cuddly non-threat right up until the moment it is too late to do anything about it.

All the while, 6 other people are trying to do the exact same thing.

If he is any good at all at Dip, he's going to rock this game.
    Last edited by eveleaf; 09-18-2009 at 05:09 PM.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I LOVE the water polo team thing!! I somehow missed that in his bio so was totally surprised when he said it on the show. I would guess Survivor leapt at his application, or even recruited him... what a skill set, and what a nice change from some of the previous athletic looking black men who sank like stones in the water. It was getting to be a major stereotype on the show. White men can't jump, black men can't swim....

FORT Fogey

I'm so happy to see a US National Water Polo player in the mix this season. I'm gonna go right out on a limb and proclaim this young man to be the most physically fit of the bunch. Water polo is a killer sport - take the hardest part of every sport you can imagine, put them all together and set the game in deep water. Slouches need not apply. I'm anxious to see Jaison's strategy in this game.

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

I like this guy. Hopefully he'll go a long way. Too bad that Russ the Jerk burned Jaison's socks the first night.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Jaison is one of my favorites so far, and I loved the way he shot Ben down--EXCEPT he didn't have any problems snarkily saying "OK, Southern Guy with Southern ways"...as if he thinks Ben's idiocy is the norm in that region--it really no longer is. Don't counter Ben's racism with 'regionalism" if you will It really only bugs me a little--Jaison, come have beers with the Queen and family, and we will show you a good time.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by RBmumsie;3706423;
    I like this guy. Hopefully he'll go a long way. Too bad that Russ the Jerk burned Jaison's socks the first night.
    Ben's interview said everyone was able to bring two pair so Jasison was never without socks.
    I Think The American Public Will See I'm Ethical And Honest

Richard Hatch Season 1

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;3717637;
    Jaison is one of my favorites so far, and I loved the way he shot Ben down--EXCEPT he didn't have any problems snarkily saying "OK, Southern Guy with Southern ways"...as if he thinks Ben's idiocy is the norm in that region--it really no longer is. Don't counter Ben's racism with 'regionalism" if you will It really only bugs me a little--Jaison, come have beers with the Queen and family, and we will show you a good time.
    I'd have to listen to it again, but I think that reference was to the southern gentleman claim. The sentences that followed indicated something about that and Ben said something like "if he's dealing with a lady he's a gentleman" (no way near an exact quote). Like I said I'd have to watch again, but I vaguely remeber it because I was thinking along the same lines as you that two wrongs don't make a right.

Yes, I agree that the comment was in reference to the Southern gentleman. i didn't take it as Jaison putting down Southerners; he just put down Ben's claim to being a "southern gentleman." The term, as applied to Ben, would be an oxymoron.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I was actually kind of turned off by Jaison's rant. I can see how Ben's comment can be taken as offensive but Jaison to me seems like one of those people who go off at any subtle hint of what could possibly be racism. Not a fan of those types, really. And his rant certainly didn't help his game in my opinion. It will hurt him I'm sure of it.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSSS;3719025;
    I was actually kind of turned off by Jaison's rant. I can see how Ben's comment can be taken as offensive but Jaison to me seems like one of those people who go off at any subtle hint of what could possibly be racism. Not a fan of those types, really. And his rant certainly didn't help his game in my opinion. It will hurt him I'm sure of it.
    I don't like those that go off at a subtle hint either; however, I think Jaison's right and I don't think it was subtle. Historically it is a racial slur. If you were to were to slam a white person one normally hears white-trash or trailer-trash, not a comment about the ghetto which is generally reserved in this country (correctly or not) for African-Americans. However Ben defended himself doesn't make Jaison less correct.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast