+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If I went on survivor...the stuff they never think of.

Felgercarb counter Homertojeebus's Avatar

If I went on survivor...the stuff they never think of.

After the first Survivor, wouldn't someone figure out they should:
    - study up on their locale's indigenous, edible plant life
    - practice and master fishing
    - become an expert at starting a fire.(No longer important since they started giving it away)
    - Make the macked out, Gilligan's Island style shelter we all know we would make.
    - When you merge and your tribe starts getting picked off, lie your a@# off at Tribal Council about how someone in the rival tribe approached you to backstab them.
    These are the things I shout at my TV during Survivor. If I were on Survivor, I would...

A while back, we went through something similar, when someone asked advice to people who went on the show.

My number one piece of advice:

Don't kid yourself that anyone competing against you for a million dollars is your friend. Do what you have to do, and respect the fact that they're going to do the same, and get on with it.

Yeah, and remember that the game of Survivor is not about physical survival. It is outplay, outwit, and outlast.

As John says, they aren't your friend, and playing "honorably" is usually a code word for "I got outsmarted, and now I am bitter".
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

You're not the boss of me ollie's Avatar
    Jenna & Heidi: "AND don't ever, ever look bad on Survivor because you know that Playboy might be checking you out" (except when you're crying (Heidi??????) then it's ok cause you're doing it for your bested, bested friend so now you look like you are a caring individual)

FORT Fogey
    aside from the strategy issues, I agree why aren't these people a little more prepared on the plant life, how to eat things, make shelters..??
    I just went and looked out of curiousity to see if I could find a surviving in the wilderness site and man there are tons, and tons of shelters for numerous environments!

I also don't know why they don't try to cook some of their food a little different. Especially when they win some spices etc! Like using rocks and leaves to bake the fish, fruit for seasoning etc! I would have to experiment w/making it better. Surely, the natives did and do! But, seriously just being alittle better prepared to survive physically would make someone a little stronger mentally to play all the games etc!
    And I agree w/the shelter thing,, at least make it a little better , keep adding and adjusting to make it more comfortable!

kaj

I'm with John

The whole Survivor game has been advertising the whole 'Sole Survivor' thing winning the million dollars. Hello! People, each and everyone auditioning, every one of those 15 casted with you is out to get the million. Please don't feed us the line, "I'm only here for the experience."

Experience my a**.

Backstab everyone if you want to to get the million but better not be bitter when you get voted off. Do not trust anyone but yourself. And maybe your gut.

see, I don't think backstabbing is the way to get the million. I think it's the way to the top 3-4. I say you have to do what Matt is doing and really what Jason (Big Brother) did. Align with the person who will do all the manipulating and backstabbing without ever getting your hands dirty.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Jumpin' on the Clay Train Bdawg's Avatar
    Originally posted by John
    Don't kid yourself that anyone competing against you for a million dollars is your friend. Do what you have to do, and respect the fact that they're going to do the same, and get on with it.
    Excellent advice, John. I think this is why Richard and Brian are considered the game's best players so far. Plus, they had survival skills. I'm thinking that Matt has been deceiving everyone about his knowledge of the game and will join this club. Hoping, at least.

Make sure you reserve and controversial comments for your confessionals.
    Brian was excellent at this.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Originally posted by cali
    see, I don't think backstabbing is the way to get the million. I think it's the way to the top 3-4. I say you have to do what Matt is doing and really what Jason (Big Brother) did. Align with the person who will do all the manipulating and backstabbing without ever getting your hands dirty.
    I agree with you completely. Forming a tight, yet secret, alliance with a skillful backstabber can take you as far as F2. Then winning the million would depend on your ability to answer jury questions with finesse.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast