+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 44 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Survivor 19: Samoa Spoiler Thread

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Survivor 19: Samoa Spoiler Thread

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;3705385;
    I know. Her offense at being picked as who might be smart floored me. She has a huge chip on her shoulder and it sounds like she may be blinded by it. Personally, I would have been flattered to have someone think I was smart.
    I know it sounds funny to be upset at being stereotyped as smart (although on Survivor that isn't always a good thing...can make you a target), but what she was worried about was the associated stereotypes--sneaky, conniving, etc. She feared if he held one stereotype he'd hold others. I think she overreacted in this case, her captain picked a black male as the swimmer so he can't be too racist, plus look at who he had left to choose from for the "smart" one at that point....plus he probably had been told he had to choose some women for the team.... so, her or the "blondes"... talk about stereotypes!
    I've had students who are Asian American and NOT good at math, who tell me the stereotype is a huge pain... It's like being black and not being a good dancer or able to jump in basketball....on the one hand you resent the stereotype, on the other you feel you aren't a "credit" to your race. Or to take it outside the race issue, I have a very tall white male friend who looks athletic who hates hates hates that everyone assumes he plays basketball, because he's been asked that so many times.
    Last edited by PWS; 09-18-2009 at 03:11 PM.

Its a combined reward/immunity challange. we see Yasim at Foa Foa camp ( we have kidnapping like China were you get the clues at the other camp) so Galu must lose.
    I Think The American Public Will See I'm Ethical And Honest

Richard Hatch Season 1

In the beginning of the Season Jeff Prost had a video on TC, he said there was a way to avoid TC--the bypass. I wonder with the kidnapping of players and sending them to the other tribe ( and getting the HII clue ) if these people are immune at that next TC?

These players are nomally "weak" players so it would burn a tribe if they had to vote a stronger player out instead.

Richard Hatch Season 1

Quote Originally Posted by pawpaw;3707019;
    In the beginning of the Season Jeff Prost had a video on TC, he said there was a way to avoid TC--the bypass. I wonder with the kidnapping of players and sending them to the other tribe ( and getting the HII clue ) if these people are immune at that next TC?

These players are nomally "weak" players so it would burn a tribe if they had to vote a stronger player out instead.
    If this is true, which I somewhat suspected, then
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Yasmin
    is clearly safe for the next episode.

Spoiler?

Interview With Mike

Borassi, who played at URI from 1965-69 and was a three-year starter, spent eight weeks with no communication on the island of Samoa located in the South Pacific.

People who don't make the jury are sent off island then on a cruise. IF Mike was in Samoa for 8 weeks he makes the jury at least.

Richard Hatch Season 1

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by pawpaw;3707415;
    Spoiler?

Interview With Mike

Borassi, who played at URI from 1965-69 and was a three-year starter, spent eight weeks with no communication on the island of Samoa located in the South Pacific.

People who don't make the jury are sent off island then on a cruise. IF Mike was in Samoa for 8 weeks he makes the jury at least.
    Why on earth would they have selected a 61 year old 279 lb er to play last season? What skill set/charm does he have? Interesting article.... Well hopefully his trainer got him in good enough shape to actually help in some of the competitions.

This also explains an S20 spoiler
    Click to see Spoiler:
    that Sugar was texting nearly the entire time, meaning that she was an early boot and thus on the cruise.
    It could be that Mike has no phone or anything on the cruise, but we will not know for awhile.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

Is survivor trying to fool us? We are assuming because Yasim is at FoaFoa that Galu lost the challange based on China were the winners picked a loser to come to camp ( and get HII clue)

However all the preview photo's are of FoaFoa after the challange---survivor normally follows the LOSING tribe back to camp to see all the drama leading up to TC)

So what if the losing tribe gets to pick someone from the winning tribe instead? ( and maybe sit in on their TC)

EDIT: Picture of Shamoo carring the fishing gear. Galu wins challange.
    Last edited by pawpaw; 09-21-2009 at 02:59 PM.

Richard Hatch Season 1

Quote Originally Posted by pawpaw;3707603;
    the winners picked a loser to come to camp (and get HII clue)
    It would make sense to me that someone from the winning camp gets to visit the losing camp to look for a clue, that it would be a reward even if it might not look like it to anyone else.

Survivor: Samoa Episode 2 - Taking Candy From a Baby

A rugby-like game gets out of control and one player is ejected from the contest; one person is given the opportunity to make friends with the opposing tribe, but it doesn't go well. Meanwhile, Russell H. continues to disrupt life for the Foa Foa tribe. At tribal council, another castaway is voted out of the game.

Richard Hatch Season 1

+ Reply to Thread