+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 44 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Survivor 19: Samoa Spoiler Thread

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Survivor 19: Samoa Spoiler Thread

Quote Originally Posted by pawpaw;3704032;
    His reasoning is
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Ala coach ridding his team of weaklings and people not aligned with him pre-merge. I agree it will bite him in the a*s if they enter the merge out numbered and get picked off because of it.
    Thanks Okay, that doesn't make much sense, either.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    A) Like you said, you need numbers on your side. B) Who's to say his people will stay aligned with him? So he thinks he'll be the one running the show and calling the shots and then give a bitter jury speech when he gets voted out and can't figure out why

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3704037;
    Thanks Okay, that doesn't make much sense, either.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    A) Like you said, you need numbers on your side. B) Who's to say his people will stay aligned with him? So he thinks he'll be the one running the show and calling the shots and then give a bitter jury speech when he gets voted out and can't figure out why
    We've seen it before
    Click to see Spoiler:
    like Billy in Cook Isles, you throw a challange then lose the next and suddenly your down 2 players against the other tribe
    I Think The American Public Will See I'm Ethical And Honest

Richard Hatch Season 1

Another way
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Russ'
    strategy might work is
    Click to see Spoiler:
    to come into the merge as a spoiler. If the other tribe is starting to fraction, and they outnumber his tribe hugely, he could become a very valuable vote. They may see him as less of a threat because he doesn't have any one to allign with but them. If the the two tribes are more evenly matched at the merge, they are definitely likely to try and pick each other off. The other tribe would view him as a threat rather than a potential ally and vote against whoever they want out. Problem is, in any scenario for his strategy to work, he pretty much has to count on the fact that the other tribe is not going to be super tight.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Why all the white-outs???? This is suppose to be a spoiler thread, right? Can someone please tell me why certain info is blotted out on a spoiler thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Nani;3704633;
    Why all the white-outs???? This is suppose to be a spoiler thread, right? Can someone please tell me why certain info is blotted out on a spoiler thread?
    Only boot spoilers are in spoiler tags. This was originally a spoiler thread for contestants.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Quote Originally Posted by Nani;3704633;
    Sorry for that, some people want to know some info but not others, just trying to not piss people off. I agree its a spoiler thread, if you come in you have been forwarned

Richard Hatch Season 1

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by pawpaw;3703892;
    And yet while she is complaining about race she says in her interview 'living in New York, where everyone is so progressive, that experience heightened the awareness that other parts of the country are not necessarily as progressive as New York," Basiclly saying people outside of NY ( and her ) are stupid and backwards. If she had THAT attitude MAYBE thats why no one liked her and not race.
    I know what you are saying, pawpaw, but it sounded to me as if she was really surprised...that is, she hadn't realized that her NYC experience of race relations was atypical, and that now that she's back home she's trying to figure out why she was so surprised. I underlined "her" above because in fact I'm sure there is plenty of racism in NYC, but she may move in circles in which is not overtly expressed, or even not present. It sounds to me as if she ran up against something very overt while out there. And maybe it came from someone(s) not from the NYC area so she attributed it to that, post hoc. It didn't really sound as if she arrived and announced that everyone from non-NYC was a provincial bigoted hick... but I could be wrong...guess we'll start to see tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3704764;
    I know what you are saying, pawpaw, but it sounded to me as if she was really surprised...that is, she hadn't realized that her NYC experience of race relations was atypical, and that now that she's back home she's trying to figure out why she was so surprised. I underlined "her" above because in fact I'm sure there is plenty of racism in NYC, but she may move in circles in which is not overtly expressed, or even not present. It sounds to me as if she ran up against something very overt while out there. And maybe it came from someone(s) not from the NYC area so she attributed it to that, post hoc. It didn't really sound as if she arrived and announced that everyone from non-NYC was a provincial bigoted hick... but I could be wrong...guess we'll start to see tonight!
    I was looking at her tribe--Rus S is black and Mike is latino--if 3 of 8 are minorities couldn't of been real open racism of the tribe would of been in civil war.

Richard Hatch Season 1

Tonights the night. I have picked Shannon on my poll. How are her odds?
    Welcome to the party
    Team Ward

Quote Originally Posted by law638;3704869;
    Tonights the night. I have picked Shannon on my poll. How are her odds?
    Shannon
    Click to see Spoiler:
    says she was asked for allstars--must go far

Richard Hatch Season 1

+ Reply to Thread