+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Survivor 19: Samoa Spoiler Thread

Re: Survivor 19: Samoa Spoiler Thread

TDT runs the Survivometer and a Spoiler section, where he uses all the spoilers and tips found around the internet to figure out boot orders, challenge winners, you name it. One of the easiest spoilers, although not always accurate, is the weight loss spoiler. Some contestants have lost a lot and not made the jury, while others have barely lost anything and they go all the way.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Shannon
    is reported to have lost a considerable amount of weight-in the neighbourhood of 20+ pounds, as reported on Sucks.

Also, reading an interview with Probst, here are some notes:
    There are two medevacs.
    It is torrential downpour for the first week or so-they can't keep fire, so they don't have water.
    Russell H. is one of the greatest villains in show history-Jeff said that he could theoretically pull a Richard Hatch, saying that "I kicked your butt-now give me the money".

And this is a piece of speculation that could be true, but even if it isn't, it's juicy enough to require spoiler caution:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    The rumour is that Russell sabotages his tribe to the point where they get Ulong'ed, or at the best, Pagong'ed.
    If this is indeed true, then you have the villain of villains right here.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

Quote Originally Posted by Trista;3689853;
    It is torrential downpour for the first week or so-they can't keep fire, so they don't have water.
    How stupid are they, then? It's safe to drink rainwater caught in a clean container; sure there might be some airborne contaminants but not in an amount to hurt anyone, especially if you wait until after it's been raining for ten minutes or so.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Click to see Spoiler:
    What does Ulong'ed or Pagong'ed mean? I know those were Tribe names at some point...but what seasons?? Help refresh my memory..

^
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Ulong'ed means that a tribe is so pitiful that they are absorbed by the other tribe-in Survivor: Palau, Ulong lost every single immunity challenge and when it got down to Bobby Jon and Stephenie, they had to do a fire-making challenge where the loser left and the winner was absorbed into Koror. Pagong'ed refers to the first season, where after the merge the people from one tribe are taken out by the other, one by one. Granted, this takes a lot of work, and you either have to have a good strategist in Sean, who got all the Pagongs to vote somebody different while the 5 Tagis voted Gretchen, or a group where there are clear factions and you can get everyone from the old group to stay together to vote of someone from one of the two factions-that way there will be even less damage.
    Hope that helps.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI

I've seen a few TV commercials the past week on CBS promoting the show. Sadly, of the commercials I've seen, they all look like reality show Divas and wannabees!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Thanks Trista

Well, looks like
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Shannon
    hurts
    Click to see Spoiler:
    her
    shoulder about two weeks in, but it isn't cause for ejection. Also in the promos, both Ashley and Shannon say stuff about medevacs. Hmm...

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Does anyone know if this is shot in American Samoa or the other Samoa? I've been to the former, very shallow rocky beaches....

No idea, but we will know soon. Anyways, I watched the video where Probst shares his impressions on the cast, and these are the thoughts I gathered:

Erik: Probst wouldn't mind seeing him win. There's just something about him that Probst likes-he's a "scrapper", the type who would never give up but he will double-cross at the first opportunity.

Ashley: She surprised JP, because he first thought that she would just be a bubbly fun person, but the more he saw her the more he saw something inside-a sort of spunk and true gut, per se. He won't be surprised if she goes far. She also has a nose stud.

David: "Interesting". He has one of, if not the highest IQ of all time at 140. He also has something to prove-whether it be to family or just himself-that he can do it. His big challenge will be to stay "out of his own way", as Probst sees him potentially self-destructing.

Russell S.: "Pretty likeable...great talker". Probst says that he doesn't think he can win the game-it's not due to lack of game savvy, but due to him not being "built" for the game, as the game requires so much deception.

Russell H.: "The closest thing to evil we've ever had on Survivor-he's got a diabolical mind. He's got this great big idea that "if I sabotage my own tribe, they'll be so weak and they'll be out of the game". That may be true, but so will you! It's a tribe game for a long time! Russell is either unaware or has forgotten that this is a social game. He may get second, but he damn sure ain't going to win!" This was taken as close to verbatim as possible, and I think this may offer a lot of insight.

Brett: A bit of a dark horse-hanging back with the cheery smile and doing whatever he can to help out, and then performing in the challenges. He, however, has done a good job of not revealing a lot, which can bode very well for the game.

Kelly: She's the kind of person where she doesn't even have to open her mouth and people will know everything about her-she has "Caution" and "Trouble" tattooed, but her looks will get 9 out of 10 guys, and they'll pay the price.

Shannon: She told everyone her name was Shannon, and then on the first day? She calls herself Shambo, which Probst likes-"reinventing herself". The mullet suits her to a T, and he calls her an All-American person-there's a real person in there.

Yasmin: A question mark-athletic, but definitely not the kind to do business in the woods. He wouldn't be surprised if she is first off. Definitely lived a softer life.

Elizabeth: Not everything she appears to be-comes off as quiet, confident, and nice, but she is NOT to be trusted, she could go very far. He picks her as an under-the-radar player who could reach the finals.

Ben: A time bomb waiting to go off, but the question is-When? He's a very "complicated" and interesting player who Jeff wants to stick around.

Laura: One of his favourites, who JP says could win the game. (I sure hope not!) A lot more to her than meets the eye, and definitely a huge threat if she gets late in the game.

Mike: Not going to last long-it's too hard. He may make some friends, he may even reveal that he is a chef, but he'll be gone episode 6 at the latest.

Betsy: He liked her the second he met her, and the thing he likes is that she is not what you expect. At the same time, being a cop, she'll go as far as she has to. She is a significant threat in the game because she is very likeable, she won't quit, and she will dig down and do something.

Marisa: "On paper? Tailor-made for Survivor." She has had a lot of life experience, and she is a nurturer, but he thinks she will get eaten alive because she will end up with the wrong people and become a sitting duck. He thinks that she will last no later than episode 5.

Natalie: Definitely a scrapper-at first, you think "pretty girl, doesn't want to break a nail" but she might get up there and bang herself up, and then play the social game well.

Mick: Jeff doesn't trust him. "Good-looking guy, smart guy-a bit of a privilege" Mick is a master manipulator who could get people to do what he wants, with the people not knowing that he doesn't care about them. "I bet he's played quite a few people!"

John: "Poser" is the first thing that Jeff had to say. He thinks that he's used to getting things for so many years due to his looks, and that he's either privileged already or got it to work for him.

Monica: Definitely the Parvati of this season, she may have trouble with playing some of the men but she could be more subtle than she lets on, and more subtle than the guys realize.

Jaison: Jeff liked him the moment he walked into casting-Jeff doesn't think Jaison will be an early target. He won't be the type to annoy, and he'll just to enough, and before you know it the game is in the jury phase and you have a HUGE physical threat. Jeff would love to give the check to him.

Of course, this could be meaningless-Jeff said that Carolina wouldn't go too early, and that Stephen would have a hard time.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3691436;
    Does anyone know if this is shot in American Samoa or the other Samoa? I've been to the former, very shallow rocky beaches....
    Samoa, not American Samoa
    I Think The American Public Will See I'm Ethical And Honest

Richard Hatch Season 1

+ Reply to Thread