+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Survivor 19: Samoa Spoiler Thread

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Survivor 19: Samoa Spoiler Thread

Quote Originally Posted by pawpaw;3713958;
    Yes, I thought it was interesting that the one season they had someone with admitted survival skills...the men vs the women season, the oldest woman with the bum knee, who got kept around way longer than a disabled older woman would normally be, reportedly just because she had those skills,

Scout
    Scout, right! Well named!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3713924;
    Yes, I thought it was interesting that the one season they had someone with admitted survival skills...the men vs the women season, the oldest woman with the bum knee, who got kept around way longer than a disabled older woman would normally be, reportedly just because she had those skills, we never saw them being put into action, even though that would obviously be interesting TV... I think they didn't want to give any hints to future players. And the rich vs. poor season they had a woman who knew how to weave baskets, etc., but she was on the rich team so basically only did one for fun and we didn't see how she did it either. Occasionally they show a man doing something creative like the older guy who made benches and stuff out of trash and logs, or the guy who made a fishhook out of his glasses, or knew how to filter water through 3 layers of t-shirts, but even for the men, very rarely.
    I agree, I think they are not looking for survivalists....more drama to have the Yasmins of the world. But it would be interesting one season to have ALL people with survival skills--I'm sure lots apply.
    Wind Dancer...I think I'll put that on my Christmas list! Thanks!

Be advised that by doing that you will disqualify yourself to ever be accepted for Survivor.....

(The book is full of photographs and line drawings showing how to do all sorts of stuff to keep yourself alive in just about every situation you can imagine--and some you've never thought of--like having had to eject from an airplane into a wilderness. It is like a giant Boy Scout/Girl Scout handbook for grownups.)

Didn't the physics teacher know a lot of survival stuff too? Didn't they show him doing some of those things? Was he the one who started a fire using his glasses as a magnifying glass?

After a while all these seasons start to blur together.
    Last edited by Wind Dancer; 09-29-2009 at 03:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3713924;
    Yes, I thought it was interesting that the one season they had someone with admitted survival skills...the men vs the women season, the oldest woman with the bum knee, who got kept around way longer than a disabled older woman would normally be, reportedly just because she had those skills, we never saw them being put into action, even though that would obviously be interesting TV... I think they didn't want to give any hints to future players. And the rich vs. poor season they had a woman who knew how to weave baskets, etc., but she was on the rich team so basically only did one for fun and we didn't see how she did it either. Occasionally they show a man doing something creative like the older guy who made benches and stuff out of trash and logs, or the guy who made a fishhook out of his glasses, or knew how to filter water through 3 layers of t-shirts, but even for the men, very rarely.
    I agree, I think they are not looking for survivalists....more drama to have the Yasmins of the world. But it would be interesting one season to have ALL people with survival skills--I'm sure lots apply.
    Wind Dancer...I think I'll put that on my Christmas list! Thanks!

Which season was the rich vs. poor?

Quote Originally Posted by french dip;3714058;
    Which season was the rich vs. poor?
    Fiji -haves and have nots. One tribe got a great shelter and such and they were to move back and forth depending on IC winners. Execpt the Haves tribe kept winning and it never changed hands.
    I Think The American Public Will See I'm Ethical And Honest

Richard Hatch Season 1

Didn't the physics teacher know a lot of survival stuff too? Didn't they show him doing some of those things? Was he the one who started a fire using his glasses as a magnifying glass?

I know Yau Man did.

OBTW--see the 8.0 earthquake in Samoa today, allstars is still filming? survivor has the beaches and such reserved to OCT 2nd.
    Last edited by pawpaw; 09-29-2009 at 05:52 PM.

Richard Hatch Season 1

Quote Originally Posted by pawpaw;3714181;
    Fiji -haves and have nots. One tribe got a great shelter and such and they were to move back and forth depending on IC winners. Execpt the Haves tribe kept winning and it never changed hands.
    Oh yeah.... didn't Earl win that one?
    When the original poster said rich vs. poor, I thought they meant the real life financial status of the contestants.

Bob won on Gabon, and he was extremely handy.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by french dip;3714196;
    Oh yeah.... didn't Earl win that one?
    When the original poster said rich vs. poor, I thought they meant the real life financial status of the contestants.

Bob won on Gabon, and he was extremely handy.
    Right, haves vs. have nots (Survivor rich=a roof that doesn't leak and soft bedding!).
    Yeah, Bob...he was the one they showed making furniture and other useful stuff out of logs, twigs and trash. But mostly they just showed the finished product and a bit of the start....

An 8.0 earthquate in Samoa??? Whoa... what about tidal waves and the like?
    ETA Just checked CNN...5' tsunami .... 3 different waves... Well, from my experience of American Samoa, not a lot of the island where teh poeple are is above 5' about sea level.... Don't know what the other Samoa is like.
    Last edited by PWS; 09-29-2009 at 07:19 PM.

An 8.0 earthquate in Samoa??? Whoa... what about tidal waves and the like?

CBS just put out a statement
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Filming allstars was complete and crew were unharmed--means production people were still there.

Richard Hatch Season 1

BBC is reporting severe conditions.
    BBC NEWS | Asia-Pacific | Samoa tsunami kills 'at least 14'

Samoa tsunami kills 'at least 14'

A tsunami caused by a powerful earthquake in the South Pacific has killed at least 14 people and injured 50 in Samoa, local media report.

Dr Lemalu Fiu of the main hospital in the capital, Apia, said the number of casualties is expected to rise as the injured arrive from coastal areas.

An 8.3-magnitude quake struck at 1748 GMT, generating 5.1ft (1.57m) waves in Apia and Pago Pago, American Samoa.

A Pacific tsunami warning was issued, but it has now been cancelled.

The Pacific Tsunami Warning Centre (PTWC) said the quake struck at a depth of 33km (20 miles) some 190km from Apia.

Radio New Zealand quoted Samoan residents as saying that villages were inundated and homes and cars swept away.
    Wherever she went, including here, it was against her better judgment. --Dorothy Parker

The tsunami is affecting the town I live in (but nothing dangerous). Where I live we will be experiencing the second most turbulent waters in the state as a consequence of the tsunami...so I will be staying way from the ocean today!

+ Reply to Thread