+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Survivor 19: Samoa Spoiler Thread

Re: Survivor 19: Samoa Spoiler Thread

Quote Originally Posted by pawpaw;3712304;
    Its also says harmless so its not Ben. Natalie tells Jaison" its me or him" in a promo. I think Jaison thinks about a revolt against Russell but backs out at the last minute and throws Natalie under the bus.
    Natalie actually is repeating words from Jaison, so it doesn't look like she's in any danger.

From SurvivorFever.

Post game picture of ashley off her facebook--not very tan or looking like weight loss--just like Betsy.

Ashley is Foa Foa too so maybe her.
    I Think The American Public Will See I'm Ethical And Honest

Richard Hatch Season 1

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by pawpaw;3712531;
    Post game picture of ashley off her facebook--not very tan or looking like weight loss--just like Betsy.

Ashley is Foa Foa too so maybe her.
    That would serve her right for not listening to Betsy!

If Russell S(weet) chose bedding over a tarp I'd be mad as well if it rains every night. I"m guessing they haven't managed to make a waterproof roof yet, so the bedding will just get all soggy anyway.

I've put some thought into how you could make a more waterproof roof... maybe under the usual palm fronds, or under and over them... have a woven palm frond "sheet".... like a giant palm frond placemat.... or a series of them, like palm frond placemat shingles. I think that might shed water better than just throwing some branches on top.
    You could also make yourself a "blanket" that way....

Insider--Erik cut his feet up bad on the coral--remember it was coral that got Chets foot infected and needed surgery in fans/favorites. Russell S. Hurt his ankle bad. There is a second evac this season, maybe him?
    Last edited by pawpaw; 09-29-2009 at 07:50 AM.

Richard Hatch Season 1

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3712958;
    That would serve her right for not listening to Betsy!

If Russell S(weet) chose bedding over a tarp I'd be mad as well if it rains every night. I"m guessing they haven't managed to make a waterproof roof yet, so the bedding will just get all soggy anyway.

I've put some thought into how you could make a more waterproof roof... maybe under the usual palm fronds, or under and over them... have a woven palm frond "sheet".... like a giant palm frond placemat.... or a series of them, like palm frond placemat shingles. I think that might shed water better than just throwing some branches on top.
    You could also make yourself a "blanket" that way....
    PWS--Hi--the next time you're in a big bookstore or a library look at a copy of the "US Air Force Survival Manual " and you'll see all sorts of neat ways to stay dry.

It is a very cool book for learning how to survive under just about any conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3713822;
    It is a very cool book for learning how to survive under just about any conditions.
    And VERY important that the producers screen out anyone with that kind of knowledge, LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks;3713823;
    And VERY important that the producers screen out anyone with that kind of knowledge, LOL.
    Just curious...but how would they know if a person has read a certain book??

Quote Originally Posted by french dip;3713835;
    Just curious...but how would they know if a person has read a certain book??
    Obviously only if the person admitted to having the skills, but I think the folks with those admitted skills are intentionally not selected for.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks;3713848;
    Obviously only if the person admitted to having the skills, but I think the folks with those admitted skills are intentionally not selected for.
    Yes, I thought it was interesting that the one season they had someone with admitted survival skills...the men vs the women season, the oldest woman with the bum knee, who got kept around way longer than a disabled older woman would normally be, reportedly just because she had those skills, we never saw them being put into action, even though that would obviously be interesting TV... I think they didn't want to give any hints to future players. And the rich vs. poor season they had a woman who knew how to weave baskets, etc., but she was on the rich team so basically only did one for fun and we didn't see how she did it either. Occasionally they show a man doing something creative like the older guy who made benches and stuff out of trash and logs, or the guy who made a fishhook out of his glasses, or knew how to filter water through 3 layers of t-shirts, but even for the men, very rarely.
    I agree, I think they are not looking for survivalists....more drama to have the Yasmins of the world. But it would be interesting one season to have ALL people with survival skills--I'm sure lots apply.
    Wind Dancer...I think I'll put that on my Christmas list! Thanks!

Yes, I thought it was interesting that the one season they had someone with admitted survival skills...the men vs the women season, the oldest woman with the bum knee, who got kept around way longer than a disabled older woman would normally be, reportedly just because she had those skills,

Scout

Richard Hatch Season 1

+ Reply to Thread