+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: The MOST EXCITING post-show discussion thread ever! *Spoilers*

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar
    I have a feeling that Butch's vote for Jenna wasn't as out of it as it looked. Matt must have told him the new plan and he may have asked or known about the four votes already in the pocket for Christy, so he told Matt that he couldn't vote against her this time and it wouldn't matter anyway. It would make him look stupid, but if he makes the finals guarantee him Christy's vote.
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

Really good point. I think Butch is playing better than I thought, based upon some of the posts here tonight. It would be so great to see him beat Heidi or Jenna. In fact, as a feminist I hate to say it, but I want all 3 men to win against Heidi and Jenna. They help set women back for 30 years because they plan to use their sex appeal to manipulate men and win.

Namaste.

Originally posted by Suxie
    Jodaar said Matt trusts Rob 100%. I disagree. I think Matt knows full well that Rob is a snake. But he is slithering along behind that snake all the way to the end.

By the way Jodaar, I am in love with your avatar.
    Yeah, hard to know whether Matt's playing Rob or being played. I'm sure we'll find out the truth in the end, but it appears he really believes in Rob. Either way, you gotta admire Matt.

And yeah, Legolas rocks. I get that a lot.

Fri Morning Survivorback
    Originally posted by gracie
    I have a feeling that Butch's vote for Jenna wasn't as out of it as it looked. Matt must have told him the new plan and he may have asked or known about the four votes already in the pocket for Christy, so he told Matt that he couldn't vote against her this time and it wouldn't matter anyway. It would make him look stupid, but if he makes the finals guarantee him Christy's vote.
    I agree, yet his TC comments (they can be found somewhere around here) don't give any clues to support this. In fact, they may point to the contrary.
    What do honesty, integrity, morals, or ethics have to do with a million dollars?

Yeah, mflcommish. Butch's comments at TC were...

Butch (votes Jenna): Jenna I am in a very strong alliance and I gave them my word. I think you're a great girl, this is nothing against you personally but the alliance is very strong. I'm staying with the alliance. Best of luck to you.

So unless he was lying to the camera, Butch seems to be out of the loop.

JR.
    I don't think he's been anywhere near the loop since this show started.

Plus, he is rapidly becoming expendable. As noted above, there is no way anyone wants Mr. Defining Moment to be wrapped in his believe banner at the final two.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Christy getting voted off makes me so mad!!!!!!

TH3
    FORT Newbie
    Christy deserved to get booted for being dumb enough to hang the axe over Rob, Heidi and Jenna. You can't threaten to vote off three people in a group of six and think they will just take it. Especially people like those three.
    I think Rob will make it to the final two. He will give a speech that will go down as one of the best in Survivor history. God help Matt if he has to depend on a speech to win. If Jenna or Heidi talk about how they earned million the jurors will be rolling in the aisles. Butch will be gone next week for sure unless the girls decide to target Rob, in that case Rob will work his magic again and get Butch to vote with him against Heidi.
    Most people are thinking that Rob's alliance hopping will keep him from getting the million, but I don't think so. People will feel less betrayed when Rob turns on them than they would if someone they completely trusted had turned. They all know they shouldn't completely trust Rob, so they have only themselves to blame if they get screwed.

Originally posted by cake4usg
    Matt: I tend to feel he is playing everyone. The clues are quite obvious. He mentioned he didn't want to show any emotion (sign of weakness)
    (snip) I think it is all an act. He mentioned before he wanted to act and loved spy games. I think he is a fantastic actor.
    You may have a point here. Matt's dinner with his mom might support the theory. Matt talked about how close he is to his mom in the voice-over, but he was very reserved with her there. She even commented that he was being 'too formal'.

I read Matt as being a "mind over matter" kind of guy. I think he has his mind set fully on the game. Having his mom there was a disruption to the mindset.

Kind of like earlier this week when I was out of town on a business trip for two days. I was in professional, marketing maven mode. Hubby and three kids picked me up at the airport and the usual whining and fussing erupted in the backseats of the van on the way home. Culture shock!

It's always a bit of an adjustment to get 'home' to the ones I love. And as much as Matt enjoyed having his mom there, he resisted the temptation to break out of Survivor Mode for their time together. He may have even given up the reward for similar reasons.

Show no weakness ....

+ Reply to Thread