+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A tribute to Fluff

A tribute to Fluff

I thought about sticking this at the end of the last recap, but I wanted to make sure it actually got read.

About a week ago, I mentioned the FORT to a friend in passing. She asked me if I could find out for her who had been the most recent boot-ee from Survivor. Since I've never watched this show (for some strange reason, I've maintained my "Friends" allegiance), I went through this forum trying to find out who it was. I read all the way through Fluff's recap, and even though I had never seen any of the episodes and had NO clue who the contestants were, I was almost in tears from laughing so hard. It was enough to make me go through and read all of the recaps to date, and - wonder of wonders - I've decided to convert. Friends was starting (read: for the last 5 years) to suck, so this was the final catalyst I needed to make the switch. Kudos, Fluff, on a job excellently done!

LG.
    Wow, our Fluffy converted somebody not just to watching the site, but to changing tv programs. Now, if John can just succeed in his goal of convincing everyone to watch The Amazing Race . . .

I want to give you fair warning, ajg, the REAL survivor episodes aren't nearly as entertaining as fluff's spectacularly funny recaps. But, watching the real show does enhance your recap reading experience, as you'll soon be thinking "hmmmm, I wonder what fluff will say about THAT"

Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

To complete the experience, you need to sandwich the actual show between Paulie's Precaps and Fluff's Recaps, with a little of Bill's Piranha Report and the Shadows thrown in for flavor.

I'm sure you're right, John, and I certainly don't mean to slight any of the other episode contributors. I've only been going through them for a few days now, though, so I guess I have a lot to look forward to!

No worries, ajg! Fluff's recaps are (of course) hilarious enough to stand on their own.

Great thread idea, ajg! I think Fluff's recaps are the funniest Survivor recaps I've ever read, and it's worth mentioning that I used to write recaps of my own way back when.

I think the FORT is very lucky to have Fluff as our official Survivor recapper. Thanks for all the laughs, Fluffstress!
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

FORT Newbie
    Ok, you've actually forced me to register after months and months of lurking (and 5 Survivor Seasons) to make my first (and quite likely....my only) post on any message board...just so that I can agree with you. I have snorted diet coke up my snoot, choked on my 'tater chips, and come durned near close to soiling my pantaloons while reading Fluff's recaps. Superb writing. I hope someday he/she gets paid gobs of money for his/her talent.

Really entertaining.

So entertaining, in fact, that it forced me to actually be proactive and strap on a login name.

Wow.. this has gotta make a girl feel good. Especially since Fluff's puts so much hard work into this!

It's appreciated.

And all you lurkers.. STOP IT! Feel free to jump in. Unlike a bunch of other boards, the FORT prides itself on it's friendly, welcoming nature.

You're always among friends.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Exceptional first post, Estel! You're sure to make Fluff very happy with such high praise. And she deserves every bit of it.

Hope you make more than one post here at the FORT, too, Estel. We'd love to hear what you have to say.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Thanks so much guys.
    It really does make you feel good to know people enjoy reading your work.

Thank goodness a full on pantaloon accident was averted though Estel

to the FORT
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast