+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 103 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656 ... LastLast

Thread: Survivor 20: All-Stars Spoiler Thread

Re: Survivor 20: All-Stars (Heroes vs. Villains) Spoiler Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Trista;3594271;
    Kelly Goldsmith being called for the original AS is news to me, but honestly Shii Ann was deserving of a spot because she played the game exactly how it should be played, and then there was that twist. She was one of the few I liked from that largely unlikeable season, and I remember when she won that immunity in All-Stars (the endurance challenge).
    But Kelly G played the game really well also. But the producers had to have at least one person from each season, so they asked back Shii Ann (btw, did anyone notice that the Top6 of All-Stars was composed of every season minus Amazon?). I would have gone with Tanya () or Helen before Shii Ann. Or maybe even Brian, since he played the game so well. Or maybe even Ghandia, since she was one of the earliest drama queens of reality TV.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3594243;
    Actually, I just got thinking, if these people have the mentality and game play of the first AS season (considering some were on that one) poor firefighter Tom may not have a prayer, either, because of his immunity run, leadership ability, social game, and the fact that he won before I'm somewhat happy that not everyone is all 'lets sing around the camp fire and be BFF' like Tina and Rupert, but that some, like Shane, Cirie, Parvati, Sandra, Jenna , and Tom W. can actually put their emotions aside and play the game and strategize without latching onto coattails or trying to be fair and nice. You have a good point about James, and that I can understand. However, I also remember Jonathan, Gary (from Fiji), Bruce, and of course Mike that were taken out due to injury. The last 3 never even got to finish their first game. Mike was so far back, but Bruce wasn't on too long ago, and seemed like a fan favorite. I was actually one who liked Jenna (plus her partner in crime, Heidi-who, if anyone's interested, appeared on the E! THS about Baseball Wives. Heidi is married to Phillies pitcher Cole Hamels. Jenna had a short clip in there, too). Of all the winners, I'd be in favor of Ethan (if he was able to), Jenna, Sandra, Tom W., Danni, Aras, Yul, Bob, and JT being asked back. While I could do without Hatch, it almost doesn't seem appropriate to have the first winner, the guy who went into with a strategy and knowing what type of game it was, the guy who invented the love to hate cocky, arrogant, over confident villain, on the show. Besides, at least he'd also have a game plan, and I'd love to see Hatch on a tribe with Coach, Fairplay, and Shane.
    Tina wasn't kumbaya at all. Her game is really underrated. She played Colby like a fiddle. The rumor is that she was the brain behind all of the vote-outs. If that's true, then no one--neither the players nor the audience--knew it. She didn't really ride Colby's coattails because she did just as much as Colby. And the fact that Colby was stupid enough to bring Tina to the finals says a lot about Tina's game.

And I really don't think Tom's social game was all that. His physical game was the best, but he never did much socially. He didn't really have a chance to play the game though with Koror's dominance, but post-merge, the only substantial move of his that I can think of was teaming with Caryn/Ian to vote off Gregg.

All of the pre-AS winners were deserving. They all played the game. Well, maybe not Ethan, but he managed to stay likable enough to almost all of the jury members, which I consider a feat.

But now recent winners have sucked. Take Bob for example. He never did anything. Amazing physical game, but he only won because of the Onions' bitterness. But I prefer him over Matty, who would have won if he had made it into the F3 over Bob. But like I said, Bob didn't do anything noteworthy. Sure, he made those fake idols, but what was he going to do with them? He was going to keep the first one and try to fool the others into thinking he had the idol. What kind of a plan is that? That only put a target on his back. It was Sugar who was the best gameplayer of Gabon, aside from maybe Kenny. Too bad she played for other people instead of herself.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Trista;3594271;
    I know back after Australia aired they had a 1-hour special where they went to the real lives of the contestants and so forth.

Kelly Goldsmith being called for the original AS is news to me, but honestly Shii Ann was deserving of a spot because she played the game exactly how it should be played, and then there was that twist. She was one of the few I liked from that largely unlikeable season, and I remember when she won that immunity in All-Stars (the endurance challenge). Heidi is one person who the less I see or hear of her, the better. The only women I liked from that season were Deena and Christy, although I do like Jenna now.
    Africa also had that one hour special. Marquesas came in the spring following 9/11, and a lot of reality shows were taking a hit, not surprisingly, since 9/11 was a real reality. I enjoyed Shii-Ann a lot during Thailand, which to me is probably one of the worst 3 seasons ever, so she made it somewhat watchable. I'll even say SA was doomed before she opened her big mouth to her tribe that she was switching sides before finding out it was a fake merge (as some think her telling them she was going to the other tribe's alliance was her downfall). But she became a meek little sheep during AS. I forgot she won that endurance challenge during AS. I think one of my favorite SA challenge moments was during season 5. I remember they had to run through this type of beam challenge; they had to grab some goodies and try to get back with someone from the other team trying to knock them off. I'll never forget little SA had a bag in her hand, and big football player Ted was standing in her way I liked her, Helen (minus the sour grapes), Penny, and Jake during season 5. That was just a weird season. Amazon I liked Christy, to a point, Deena, Heidi, Jenna, Alex, Dave, Matt, and Rob C.

I think the thing with James as opposed to Penner, Bruce, and so forth is that James was such an overwhelming fan favourite. Bruce I liked much more than James-on that season, I liked him, Courtney, and Aras the most. I doubt that Gary would go back-if he had been on the tribe that actually had to do the roughing it that season (he was on the luxury beach), he would not have survived.

Coach, Hatch, Fairplay, and Shane? Oh dear. At least put in JRB to make it watchable! (I am so pro-JRB it isn't funny...I love watching him play poker)
    You do have a point about James. Jonathan wasn't someone I wanted to see a second time, let alone a third, and I barely remember Gary except he was taken out due to illness. But I really liked Bruce. I couldn't stand Terry during EI and was so happy he lost. I'm somewhat shocked he wasn't back for the FvsF or that he's not being rumored now, unless he declined. I liked Aras, Cirie, Misty, Danielle, Shane, Sally, and Bruce. EI was another bad season, imo. I don't know why I always forget JR, because he's not exactly a forgettable person But he's always the one I'm racking my brain trying to remember from China. Really, though, what better TV, than watching who literally goes insane first (Shane or Coach) or wondering who will kill who out of those five? Then throw in Randy, Parvati, Natalie, and Stephenie, and you have a show!

Tina wasn't kumbaya at all. Her game is really underrated. She played Colby like a fiddle. The rumor is that she was the brain behind all of the vote-outs. If that's true, then no one--neither the players nor the audience--knew it. She didn't really ride Colby's coattails because she did just as much as Colby. And the fact that Colby was stupid enough to bring Tina to the finals says a lot about Tina's game.

And I really don't think Tom's social game was all that. His physical game was the best, but he never did much socially. He didn't really have a chance to play the game though with Koror's dominance, but post-merge, the only substantial move of his that I can think of was teaming with Caryn/Ian to vote off Gregg.

But now recent winners have sucked. Take Bob for example. He never did anything. Amazing physical game, but he only won because of the Onions' bitterness. But I prefer him over Matty, who would have won if he had made it into the F3 over Bob. But like I said, Bob didn't do anything noteworthy. Sure, he made those fake idols, but what was he going to do with them? He was going to keep the first one and try to fool the others into thinking he had the idol. What kind of a plan is that? That only put a target on his back. It was Sugar who was the best gameplayer of Gabon, aside from maybe Kenny. Too bad she played for other people instead of herself.
    I guess it was more some of her pre-show interviews, where she mentioned she wanted to vote off all the "mean, nasty" people and keep all the "fun, happy" people around. Not that there's anything wrong with that attitude, but it doesn't seem like she's one that could look someone in the face, lie, and backstab. I just thought Australia was left with all the happy go lucky want to be friends club after Jerri left. She made it interesting I know Australia is a big favorite, but it's not with me. Tom I don't think had a chance, as you said, because Ulong sucked. In fact, wasn't Willard only voted off because Koror had to vote someone off in a double elimination? Then Janu quit, and Stephenie followed as the lone Ulong member to make the merge/jury.

I just like Bob and JT, but Sugar was flat out robbed by probably one of the most bitter juries in Survivor history. I love that she at least made it to the finals and was considered in the America's choice. It seemed to pain them that she was given a decent edit, but however Sugar really was out there, or is in real life, she's one of my all time favorite players, and I hope she gets better luck this time around.

Kelly G. was great! Ethan's a nice guy and a deserving winner, but I would have enjoyed Africa so much better if Brandon wasn't so freakin stupid. It was really painful to watch Lex get his way and for Kelly to take the fall for Theresa (I can't believe I remember this). I would really enjoy Kelly coming back, but I doubt many of the Survivor audience would remember her.
    That's the unfortuante thing about the early seasons getting ripped off, they were so long ago, only long time viewers/fans will remember them, unless they were maybe a Hatch, Sue, or Fairplay. I don't even know if Rob Mariano would be on the radar like he once was. And I remember loads more about early seasons than the current ones. I guess I don't have the interest unless it turns out like Micronesia What killed me about Lex is I never heard him say he was sorry for accusing Kelly of daring to vote against him or admit he was wrong when Teresa told him it was her. Seeing him get his during AS was sweet revenge.

Penner wasn't one of my personal favourites, but he didn't have any malice behind his actions, so he was a loveable villain. I do agree with you though on Thailand and EI being two of, if not the two worst seasons. A lot of people hated Fiji, but I loved it (just not the first few episodes). Back to that beam challenge though; who can forget Robbbbbbbbbb chokeslamming Clay? China wasn't that great either, but JRB made it worth it. I wasn't as big a fan of Australia, either.

I like that idea-have the ultimate grudge match: Shane, Parv, JRB, Randy, Coach, Hatch, Fairplay, and Stephenie. Add in the General and Tammy (from Marquesas), and we've got breakfast entertainment.

As far as Palau goes, Willard (our local guy) was voted because there was the double TC (due to the larger cast). Janu did quit, and Stephenie was the long Ulong-er to make it to the jury. In that regard, a lot of the Koror folk didn't really play the game until it got down to the F6, in my eyes-they just had to go out, win challenges, and watch the other tribe get decimated one by one.

On the note of Sugar, she was definitely robbed because she was the one who had to play the game most. I mean, I loved Bob, and I was not sad that he won. But Sugar having to face that asinine jury? She deserves to come back and stick the leopard-print top so far up Randy's butt he'll be puking spots. I want to see her and Sierra back as heroes...it would be hilarious listening to their war stories, if nothing else.

Lex getting owned by Rob during AS=golden. Let's just say he's one of the most hated Survivors of all time, alongside Coach and all them, and he showed why. It is sad though that the people from earlier seasons may not be considered as much, because there were some great moments. Back to Marquesas, it was sorely underrated (I think it had to do with when it aired) but you had Paschal, Neleh, Sean, and Kathy who were all likeable (Vecepia too), and then you had the Rotu4 who made one of the biggest blunders in the history of the game.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3594407;
    I guess it was more some of her pre-show interviews, where she mentioned she wanted to vote off all the "mean, nasty" people and keep all the "fun, happy" people around. Not that there's anything wrong with that attitude, but it doesn't seem like she's one that could look someone in the face, lie, and backstab. I just thought Australia was left with all the happy go lucky want to be friends club after Jerri left. She made it interesting I know Australia is a big favorite, but it's not with me. Tom I don't think had a chance, as you said, because Ulong sucked. In fact, wasn't Willard only voted off because Koror had to vote someone off in a double elimination? Then Janu quit, and Stephenie followed as the lone Ulong member to make the merge/jury.

I just like Bob and JT, but Sugar was flat out robbed by probably one of the most bitter juries in Survivor history. I love that she at least made it to the finals and was considered in the America's choice. It seemed to pain them that she was given a decent edit, but however Sugar really was out there, or is in real life, she's one of my all time favorite players, and I hope she gets better luck this time around.
    Well yeah, she did keep around the likable people. She kept around Rodger and Elisabeth for as long as she could. But then again, she also kept Keith around. And the way she kept Rodger and Elisabeth around was ruthless. When she saw a way to keep around someone she liked and take out someone she disliked, she definitely ran with it. Like when Jerri was voted out instead of someone from Kucha. But Tina wasn't stupid; she wasn't going to vote out Jerri until she was sure that she didn't need her vote any longer. She had the power in her hands. She had Colby and Keith behind her, and she eventually got Rodger and Elisabeth on her side also. She kept around the people she liked, and she took out all the people she hated, while still having the numbers on her side. What could be any better? Oh yeah, and she won the million at the end also. I say, perfect game. She's very underrated, IMHO. And the main reason why I love Survivor: AO was because it was so real. You had the game aspect, with all the strategizing that went down. Then you also had the drama aspect, with Jerri (but really, she's kind of harmless compared to the recent reality TV bitches). But you also had the survivial aspect. This season of Survivor truly showed the contestants surviving by skin of their teeth. JP even had to go out and trade their shelter for some rice. Recent seasons, I feel like they're getting pampered, especially compared to what AO's castaways had to go through. I loved AO. I would say that, Africa, and PI are my favorite seasons.

And I wouldn't say Sugar was flat out robbed. Robbed, yes, but was she totally deserving of that prize? No. Because even though I wanted her to win, she didn't play the game for herself. And that pissed me off so much, because she had the power in her hand, and she could have easily gotten that prize at the end. Yet, she basically handed Bob 1.1 million dollars. For what reason? Oh, because she saw him as a father figure. And saw Crystal and Kenny as bad people, when really, they were not bad people at all. They were the other ones playing the game, in a season where no one really did. She totally twisted the game upside down, and it wasn't for the better.

But with that said, I still liked her by the time of the Gabon finale, and I was really disappointed to see her lose. Because even though she didn't play for herself, she was one of the few who actually played.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3594639;
    And I wouldn't say Sugar was flat out robbed. Robbed, yes, but was she totally deserving of that prize? No. Because even though I wanted her to win, she didn't play the game for herself. And that pissed me off so much, because she had the power in her hand, and she could have easily gotten that prize at the end. Yet, she basically handed Bob 1.1 million dollars. For what reason? Oh, because she saw him as a father figure. And saw Crystal and Kenny as bad people, when really, they were not bad people at all. They were the other ones playing the game, in a season where no one really did. She totally twisted the game upside down, and it wasn't for the better.

But with that said, I still liked her by the time of the Gabon finale, and I was really disappointed to see her lose. Because even though she didn't play for herself, she was one of the few who actually played.
    I actually blame Sugar for giving us one of my least-favorite winners of Survivor (Bob). Now that I think about it, the most satisfying win for me of that final 3 would have been Susie.

I really did like Ken/Crystal also and felt they played the game the hardest, but I feel like Susie was given the shaft editing wise. I really don't think she was nearly as invisible as Survivor portrayed her.

Sugar manipulated the game very well--but she manipulated it into an ending I did not like. She pretty much worked her butt off to hand the game to Bob, who in MY opinion won only for being old, likeable and having made a fake HII (though well done, was not the first to do something like this, so I wasn't very impressed).

Am I the only one not on the Panama hate train? I mean, it's not the best season ever but I think it's underrated. I thought it was pretty entertaining. I mean, look at Casaya. They were the biggest cluster mess of a tribe ever yet they still managed to win most of the challenges. You had insane cigarette deprived Shane, nutty Courtney, mildly annoying Danielle, zen Bruce, and yoga manipulator Aras, as well as the underdog watching the insanity from the sidelines in Cirie. The post-merge was good too. The 3-2-1 vote was epic. The ending was a bit sucky, but whatever. Cirie really should have sided with Danielle & Terry at final 4. If she did that, Danielle wins immunity and votes off threatening Terry. Then Cirie wins. That would've made for the perfect season.. but I still think it's solid.

And I agree with everyone else's assessments of Sugar. I do wish she would've gotten at least 1 vote for controlling the game post-merge.

I'd agree that Tina definitely played to win. People didn't realize how truly sneaky and underhanded she was. She took backstabbing to a whole new level.
    That said, I really couldn't stand her at all and I'd hate to see her return.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Trista;3594471;
    Penner wasn't one of my personal favourites, but he didn't have any malice behind his actions, so he was a loveable villain. I do agree with you though on Thailand and EI being two of, if not the two worst seasons. A lot of people hated Fiji, but I loved it (just not the first few episodes). Back to that beam challenge though; who can forget Robbbbbbbbbb chokeslamming Clay? China wasn't that great either, but JRB made it worth it. I wasn't as big a fan of Australia, either.

I like that idea-have the ultimate grudge match: Shane, Parv, JRB, Randy, Coach, Hatch, Fairplay, and Stephenie. Add in the General and Tammy (from Marquesas), and we've got breakfast entertainment.

On the note of Sugar, she was definitely robbed because she was the one who had to play the game most. I mean, I loved Bob, and I was not sad that he won. But Sugar having to face that asinine jury? She deserves to come back and stick the leopard-print top so far up Randy's butt he'll be puking spots. I want to see her and Sierra back as heroes...it would be hilarious listening to their war stories, if nothing else.

Lex getting owned by Rob during AS=golden. Let's just say he's one of the most hated Survivors of all time, alongside Coach and all them, and he showed why. It is sad though that the people from earlier seasons may not be considered as much, because there were some great moments. Back to Marquesas, it was sorely underrated (I think it had to do with when it aired) but you had Paschal, Neleh, Sean, and Kathy who were all likeable (Vecepia too), and then you had the Rotu4 who made one of the biggest blunders in the history of the game.
    I'm one that puts Fiji in my least liked pile. I think the whole haves/haves not was the first and final nail in the coffin. Then the women all getting pretty much picked off. I never liked Earle, and for me he's the most boring Survivor winner ever (but not the most hated). I did enjoy YM, who I figured would be an early exit, but I guess he's the example never judge a pic and bio by its cover. I loved how the younger guys mocked him during some of the challenges and he showed them by totally owning it. Then making the fake idol, which now seems to be a Survivor requirement. Get someone like Jason all you need is a stick with a happy face I did love Alex/Edgardo/Mookie getting blindsided, as well as Rocky, and then the whole controversy over YM giving Dreamz the car and him going back on his word. I adored Michelle, and also liked Stacy. Lisi I didn't care for but she made things interesting. It did have some funny challenge moments. But personally, I think Thailand, EI, and AS are way worse. China I enjoyed but I wish it wasn't so predictable with one tribe getting picked off. I loved Courtney and her one liners (Two of my favorites were "JR has become the Susan Lucci of tribal council" and "Like I'm going to keep anyone warm? I weigh 7 pounds I can't even keep myself warm"). And of course James getting booted when he had 2 HII, but at least he didn't have sour grapes over it. I can't stand Todd and so wish Amanda hadn't blown it. You're a pageant girl for pete's sake, you should know how to do a Q&A in your sleep.

I agree with you about Marquesas being underrated. I was really peeved about Hunter and Gina being voted off so early. They were my pick for the final 2, which shows I can't predict very well That's another case of an asinine jury, who voted for Vee over Neleh because she played the game a little harder and backstabbed. The Rotu 4 totally had it and if they hadn't blown their plans in the challenge, Neleh and Paschal would have stayed with their little love tribe and then been backed into a corner and picked off. Speaking of Paschal, I wish he had gotten a second chance. He got the purple rock of doom and left the game due to chance when he didn't even get voted for. Kathy was one of my huge favorites, because she was the little castaway the could. She was alienated in the beginning yet went all the way to the final 3. It's also too bad Mariano didn't last longer. I loved the location they went to for that season, so that's one island I also wish they'd go back to. Probst hated the location because of the insects so I doubt that would happen. I'm also glad they quit going back to Panama, because 3 times was enough.

Am I the only one not on the Panama hate train? I mean, it's not the best season ever but I think it's underrated. I thought it was pretty entertaining. I mean, look at Casaya. They were the biggest cluster mess of a tribe ever yet they still managed to win most of the challenges. You had insane cigarette deprived Shane, nutty Courtney, mildly annoying Danielle, zen Bruce, and yoga manipulator Aras, as well as the underdog watching the insanity from the sidelines in Cirie. The post-merge was good too. The 3-2-1 vote was epic. The ending was a bit sucky, but whatever. Cirie really should have sided with Danielle & Terry at final 4. If she did that, Danielle wins immunity and votes off threatening Terry. Then Cirie wins. That would've made for the perfect season.. but I still think it's solid.
    Misty was my pre-show favorite so when she went it immediately went downhill for me. I'll never understand why they had the whole young/old/men/women right off the bat for just one episode. I think it might have been a better dynamic having all the young against all the old are something like that. I loved Cirie's reaction when she was mixed in with the older women Cirie is another little castaway that could; as good as gone less than 9 days in yet manages to get on a winning tribe and save herself and manipulate to the final 4. Terry is probably one of my least favorites ever. I think he was a poor excuse for a leader and didn't really know what was best for his tribe. No one had to go along with them, but seeing them go on a losing streak and him getting so frustrated was quite comical I understand his reasoning for want to keep Dan and Ruth Marie around, but why not vote of your weakest and keep your stronger players? I don't see what Misty did that was so threatening. Courtney, Aras, Shane, Cirie, Danielle (I think I'm one of the few who really liked her), and Bruce were good about that season. But the rest of it was a snooze fest

In Sugar's defense, I don't know if she really stood a chance of winning anyway, with that jury. Maybe she knew that and figured she'd just give it to the most deserving or who she wanted to see win. But I so wish she had won the America's Choice, just to see Corinne's head explode. Crystal I really grew to like as the season went on. I felt horrible for her when she was voted off and they treated her like dirt when she got to Ponderosa. In regards to Tina, I guess I just think everything fell into place for Ogakor. Amber or even the Kucha members could have turned it around after Jerri got voted off. At least then I would have considered Amber more worthy of an AS spot. If there's really anyone I think deserves a second chance, aside from those medically taken out, it'd probably be Wanda and Jonathan from Palau. Wanda I didn't like from the five minutes she was on the show, but those two really got screwed out of the experience. That's probably the worst twist ever. I doubt they expected they'd be leaving their jobs and families for over a month just to spend 1 night on the beach and that be it. Since it is an anniversary edition for Survivor, I wonder if any other former contestants will be making cameos. Big Brother always has past HG involved in the challenges sometimes, so maybe Survivor will do the same. That'd be pretty cool. I hope they do one of those challenges like they did during FvsF, where they asked what season certain events happened on. I loved it when Parvati didn't even get the ones from hers
    Last edited by karalott; 07-21-2009 at 05:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSSS;3595102;
    I actually blame Sugar for giving us one of my least-favorite winners of Survivor (Bob). Now that I think about it, the most satisfying win for me of that final 3 would have been Susie.

I really did like Ken/Crystal also and felt they played the game the hardest, but I feel like Susie was given the shaft editing wise. I really don't think she was nearly as invisible as Survivor portrayed her.

Sugar manipulated the game very well--but she manipulated it into an ending I did not like. She pretty much worked her butt off to hand the game to Bob, who in MY opinion won only for being old, likeable and having made a fake HII (though well done, was not the first to do something like this, so I wasn't very impressed).
    Oh, most definitely. Bob is my least favorite winner, ever. I was mad about JT winning in Tocantins (because I went from rooting for Taj, to rooting for Erinn, to rooting for Stephen ), but I thought Bob was worse than him. JT had the game kind of handed to him also, since everyone liked him so much and wanted to team up with him. But at least he made an effort to play the game. He stuck with Stephen through and through, and that was his number 1 strategy. Actually, thinking back on it, he really isn't that bad of a winner. I still don't like him though.

Anyway, I agree with you about Susie. She is very underrated also. Her edit basically gave her the shaft, and it was obvious that she wasn't going to win with the way she was shown. She was only in like, 3 episodes. My dislike for JP grew when he said to Susie during the finale, "I would have been shocked if you won, Susie, because you were invisible during the whole thing!" Uh, no she wasn't. You knew she was there; it was your production and editing team that decided to portray her like that. Trust me, if she had won in the end, she probably would have been edited like Bob. Susie, at least, did a few things. She switched when she needed to (one of the best votes ever was voting out Marcus), and she also won immunity when she drastically needed to. I'm disappointed that she wasn't shown at all; she could have been Sandra 2.0.

The thing that makes me the most angry with Sugar's strategy was that she sided with the people I disliked, calling them "good people." Who's to say who's good and who's not in a game like Survivor? There are no good people out there in a ruthless game like this. Plus, it was the people with no strategy at all (Bob and Matty). Yeah, as you can see, strategy is very important to me.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3596256;
    In Sugar's defense, I don't know if she really stood a chance of winning anyway, with that jury. Maybe she knew that and figured she'd just give it to the most deserving or who she wanted to see win. But I so wish she had won the America's Choice, just to see Corinne's head explode. Crystal I really grew to like as the season went on. I felt horrible for her when she was voted off and they treated her like dirt when she got to Ponderosa. In regards to Tina, I guess I just think everything fell into place for Ogakor. Amber or even the Kucha members could have turned it around after Jerri got voted off. At least then I would have considered Amber more worthy of an AS spot. If there's really anyone I think deserves a second chance, aside from those medically taken out, it'd probably be Wanda and Jonathan from Palau. Wanda I didn't like from the five minutes she was on the show, but those two really got screwed out of the experience. That's probably the worst twist ever. I doubt they expected they'd be leaving their jobs and families for over a month just to spend 1 night on the beach and that be it. Since it is an anniversary edition for Survivor, I wonder if any other former contestants will be making cameos. Big Brother always has past HG involved in the challenges sometimes, so maybe Survivor will do the same. That'd be pretty cool. I hope they do one of those challenges like they did during FvsF, where they asked what season certain events happened on. I loved it when Parvati didn't even get the ones from hers
    Sugar probably could have won if she had Crystal and Susie by her side, since the Onions hated them also. If she had tried to play the game for herself, she actually had a decent chance. But she just got a little too personal in the game. Too bad, because she was such a great player. I never would have expected that from her.

I don't think things fell into place for Ogakor. They had to work to get the majority vote. Remember how they tricked Kucha into thinking that Colby had past votes against him? They must have acted the part very well for all 5 members of Kucha not to notice Jerri or Keith. By the time of the Jerri vote, Tina had created a friendship with Elisabeth and Rodger that it would have been impossible for Amber/Jerri/Nick to bring over those two. So in a way, Tina worked for that majority vote, especially in bringing over Elisabeth and Rodger.

And I agree about Wanda and Jonathan, although I don't really like him after what went down during the Palau reunion.

Oh, and I love Crystal. She was so entertaining, and yet so lovable after viewing those Ponderosa vids. She's like a gentle giant, where you're probably scared of them at first glance, but then when you get to know them, they turn out to be kind and sweet. I know, weird analogy, but it's the only thing I can think of. Crystal is one of the few who were able to sustain my love.

Premium Member

I actually wish Jonathan would get called back, I actually liked him on FvsF, and unfortunately he had to pull out of that one due to injury bring him back instead of Fairplay.

+ Reply to Thread