+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 103 FirstFirst ... 6464748495051525354555657585960616263646566 ... LastLast

Thread: Survivor 20: All-Stars Spoiler Thread

Re: Survivor 20: All-Stars Spoiler Thread

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3833768;
    You mean at tribal council and during the pre-Council scheming? I took that possibly being her covering up an alliance with Amanda... or at least just trying to deflect the idea that Cirie was a threat that needed to be eliminated due to her Amanda alliance. I don't think she really hates Amanda for making the smart move...and I don't think Amanda thinks she does. It's the best move for both A & C that they seem to be not allied...but we've seen them talking, and they still seem to be on good terms.
    Yes, I heard that as well. I don't know if Cirie is playing it up just to make it look like Amanda and her are not together in an alliance. It would be a smart move on their part to keep it hidden. If that is so, the editors didn't want to show their secret doings.

Well it's well rumoured that Amanda and Candace become close allies throughout the game and into the merge. I guess after loosing Cirie, Amanda switches her game play and makes a solid alliance with JT, Candace and Rupert. I have a feeling that Colby switches when they reach the merge.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by rocketter;3833963;
    ICAM!!! I hate to see Survivor being JUST the social game!! And what happened to keeping the tribe strong in the beginning so as to win challenges? Get rid of those "skinny" gals (how can a Candace or Courtney stay in the game longer than Boston Rob or Coach or Tyson?) Sure those guys are obnoxious but so is Russell and he manages to stay until the end!
    I guess it is what kind of game you want to see played but I'd really like to see the end game made up strong physical players. Guess maybe they need to have an all Male Survivor but then no one would watch because there would be no skimpy bikinis (although Tyson's has been pretty brief!! )
    Oh, people would watch! Might even grow the audience although would lose some segments. And after all, straight men watch football, and not just for the cheerleaders. If it were a season of brute strength competitions that might appeal to the kind of viewers who like football.

I would not watch an all male Survivor I think some of the women are the more entertaining ones

Horrible Idea..... Survivor wouldn't be the same and besides, the competition is a lot more interesting with the social game and both Males and Females competing equally with each other and against. Females play a large role in Survivor as well and MANY are a lot more physically fit than some of the men. Even those men who are physically prepared are not as always strong as some of the females.

Strong Survivor Females that clearly prove they can out wit males are:

Amanda
    Kelly Wigglesworth
    Jenna M
    Christa (PearIslands)
    Darrah (Pear Islands)
    and many others..........

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by rocketter;3833963;
    ICAM!!! I hate to see Survivor being JUST the social game!! And what happened to keeping the tribe strong in the beginning so as to win challenges? Get rid of those "skinny" gals (how can a Candace or Courtney stay in the game longer than Boston Rob or Coach or Tyson?) Sure those guys are obnoxious but so is Russell and he manages to stay until the end!
    I guess it is what kind of game you want to see played but I'd really like to see the end game made up strong physical players. Guess maybe they need to have an all Male Survivor but then no one would watch because there would be no skimpy bikinis (although Tyson's has been pretty brief!! )
    That logic works better on a normal Survivor. On an AS, pre-made alliances come into play and that's all that anyone is going to think about. So you can't really even say the person who plays the best physical, manipulative, or social game wins. It's going to be who your BFF is. So I think saying Russell will lose due to a bad social game, when we've only seen 2 episodes to begin with, is a moot point. As long as they keep their numbers, I'm sure they could care less if their tribe goes down and they keep the weaklings around. James/Rupert/Amanda/Cirie/JT have their Hollywood wannabes alliance, and Candice proved why she was brought back-she's a sheep who can't think for herself and is going to just join the majority and be the first one cut if they get rid of Tom and Colby and lose again before the merge (which according to the boot list, they don't). So it's why I can't wait to see the scrambling when Tom gets the idol and Cirie gets packing. But after last week, why target her and not the big bully James or Rupert? Amanda is no different than Candice or Danielle, she just gets in the majority and gets played. China she got lucky, Micronesia she got duped when Ozzy was sent home, but again just joined Parvati and company and had she not found the HII would not have made the final 2. Actually, I wonder who the brains will be in that alliance after Cirie is gone.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3834062;
    That logic works better on a normal Survivor. On an AS, pre-made alliances come into play and that's all that anyone is going to think about. So you can't really even say the person who plays the best physical, manipulative, or social game wins. It's going to be who your BFF is. So I think saying Russell will lose due to a bad social game, when we've only seen 2 episodes to begin with, is a moot point. As long as they keep their numbers, I'm sure they could care less if their tribe goes down and they keep the weaklings around. James/Rupert/Amanda/Cirie/JT have their Hollywood wannabes alliance, and Candice proved why she was brought back-she's a sheep who can't think for herself and is going to just join the majority and be the first one cut if they get rid of Tom and Colby and lose again before the merge (which according to the boot list, they don't). So it's why I can't wait to see the scrambling when Tom gets the idol and Cirie gets packing. But after last week, why target her and not the big bully James or Rupert? Amanda is no different than Candice or Danielle, she just gets in the majority and gets played. China she got lucky, Micronesia she got duped when Ozzy was sent home, but again just joined Parvati and company and had she not found the HII would not have made the final 2. Actually, I wonder who the brains will be in that alliance after Cirie is gone.
    I'm guessing JT who also gets idoled, right? With both JT and Cirie gone it will fall to Amanda I'd guess. Yikes. No wonder the Villians are rumored to be the F3.

Re the all male (or all female) Survivor, we had a bit of that in the men vs. women season. Not in the sense of brute strength competitons but in seeing how the groups interacted without leavening from the other sex. I still find that one of the more interesting seasons in my memory.
    And I agree with the above, nothing but brute strength competitions would be boring. "Suriviving" isn't all about brute strength even if you leave out the scheming needed for the game of "Survivor".
    Last edited by PWS; 02-20-2010 at 05:02 PM.

Amanda does well on her own. I think even if Cirie is gone, Amanda will play her game and make it by herself.

Can't wait for Tom to leave, he just makes me want to gag ever since Palu.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I'm guessing JT who also gets idoled, right? With both JT and Cirie gone it will fall to Amanda I'd guess. Yikes. No wonder the Villians are rumored to be the F3.
    Yeah, not exactly a winning torch bearer. The alliance seems to fall apart after Cirie leaves. Tom gets targetted next, but then James supposedly is injured and asked to be voted out. Either MisterSSS or pawpaw posted that JT does something really stupid and foolish the episode he's ousted that winds up costing his tribe that majority at the merge, but I don't remember if that had to do just with the idol or not (and yes, he got double idoled by Parvati). I can't wait for the look on Amanda and Rupert's face there Actually, Candice's, too.

The post merge boot list, if accurate, goes JT (blunder), Amanda, Candice (an alliance with Russell got exposed but the villians had common sense, kept their numbers and booted her), Danielle (big mouth gets her ousted), Rupert, Colby, Jerri, and our final 3 of Russell, Parvati, and Sandra. I feel like this time, there isn't going to be much strategizing on the final 3's part, they're just going to coast to the end. Colby might make a deal in ousting Amanda, Candice, and Rupert before the villians oust him. I think the only thing that might change is Candice/Amanda, but I would be inclined to believe, to keep their numbers, they'd dig right into the hero's so there could be no flip flopping or them gaining an advantage.

But the whole pre-made alliances are why AS seasons are the pits. Especially if people are playing for the third freaking time. Maybe if there on the air long enough to ever do another AS season, they just pick 2 people from each season and put them on opposing tribes, if they had an alliance before, or even if they hated each other's guts before (looking at Jerri during the first AS when she went after Tina and Colby).

I agree with you Karalott ~ But I do believe that if the bootlist is correct (of course I'm hoping Amanda gets further than said) it's going to make for an interesting Merge. Can't wait!!!!

Question for everyone.

Whose everyone looking forward to get the boot!?

+ Reply to Thread