+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 103 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061101 ... LastLast

Thread: Survivor 20: All-Stars Spoiler Thread

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Survivor 20: All-Stars Spoiler Thread

Maybe Ozzy's "overexposure" is a reference to some of his other um video activities? Definitely not something Rupert has ever done!

I think our problem is one that was referred to above....that they had what, 25 guys, competing for 10 slots. The men have been a lot more memorable than the women it seems, both good and bad. If they want to have even numbers of men and women they've got a problem.

Re people from the older seasons...part of the problem there is also aging...it's been a while since that first season. Some people may literally be past Survivor's upper age limit (I assume they have one?), or have developed health problems, or actual careers they can't leave, while others whose main function was eye candy may not meet that standard any more....

I'd like the idea of a 2nd chance season for people felled by accidents (Skupin, for example) or very sneaky twists (e.g, Shi- Ann) or illnesses unlikely to reoccur. And then add some of the first boots....a lot of those though were the oldest member of their tribe, especially the women, so they may have aged or health problemed out by now. NO ONE who has had a 2nd chance already, much less a 3rd. As mentioned above, we often didn't get to know these people well, so it will be almost like a new cast.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3823006;
    Maybe Ozzy's "overexposure" is a reference to some of his other um video activities? Definitely not something Rupert has ever done!

I think our problem is one that was referred to above....that they had what, 25 guys, competing for 10 slots. The men have been a lot more memorable than the women it seems, both good and bad. If they want to have even numbers of men and women they've got a problem.

Re people from the older seasons...part of the problem there is also aging...it's been a while since that first season. Some people may literally be past Survivor's upper age limit (I assume they have one?), or have developed health problems, or actual careers they can't leave, while others whose main function was eye candy may not meet that standard any more....

I'd like the idea of a 2nd chance season for people felled by accidents (Skupin, for example) or very sneaky twists (e.g, Shi- Ann) or illnesses unlikely to reoccur. And then add some of the first boots....a lot of those though were the oldest member of their tribe, especially the women, so they may have aged or health problemed out by now. NO ONE who has had a 2nd chance already, much less a 3rd. As mentioned above, we often didn't get to know these people well, so it will be almost like a new cast.
    Well, there you got me Ozzy hasn't been into those actitives post-Survivor, has he? Pre-show, I guess for a struggling wannabe actor, I can't entirely blame him if he needed to pay the bills. But really, he'd be out there with two of the girls who screwed him over the first time (Parvati and Cirie) and the girl he cheated on and got dumped (Amanda). It might have made for interesting TV I don't know if Survivor has an age limit they won't cast above, but I read a little article about the 20th season/10 year anniversary party where Burnett said he considered Rudy but declined against it because of his age. Rudy grumbled that the show has become a "bikini contest" and that he could still hold his own against any of them. I guess what bugs me is that when they pick from older seasons, it's the same names that probably come up. I believe Probst obviously has his own biases and favorites and whether he really believes the person in question is someone the viewers want to see again. He hates Fairplay, is friends with Colby, loves Rupert, and thinks people like Coach and Russell own this game. I do remember the original argument for this season he was supposedly having with one of the producers of the show who wanted to cast "her" people and he had his own list of ones he wanted back.

Personally, I think this should have been an AS2 reserved for the folks from season 9-19. FvsF would have been more appropriate for the return of Colby and Rupert.

For what it's worth, I never considered Yul a hero either

But I saw the Probst video, he didn't necessarily say Yul wasn't a hero, but just that he didn't have the stand-out hero-type personality they were looking for. He said there were a LOT of "great Survivor men" with big personalities, so to bump one of them for Yul wouldn't seem right, which I totally understand.

Besides, Yul has been a bitter betty lately trashing Survivor for inviting back Ozzy, Parvati and Jonathan from his season but never him. Ego much, Yul?

From CBS : 10 Survivors from Heroes v Villains to present Top 10 on @Late_Show with David Letterman, Wed 11:35pm

Rupert Boneham, Colby Donaldson, Cirie Fields, Russell Hantz, Jerri Manthey, Robert Mariano, Parvati Shallow, James "JT" Thomas Jr., Stephenie LaGrossa and Tom Westman
    I Think The American Public Will See I'm Ethical And Honest

Richard Hatch Season 1

Tomorrow is it, I'm excited!

I hope this isn't going to turn into another Rob and Amber show. Can't stand either of them. They have had their 15 minutes enough is enough. I stopped watching The Amazing Race because it turned into the Rob and Amber show, haven't watched TAR since. Not interested in watching another Survivor with returns. Survivor Superstars was a wash out, why repeat the same mistake bringing back people viewers are sick of? All new people are what keeps viewers interested in the show, new faces, new personalities and new everything is the main draw. Survivor is about the only reality show I still watch. Most are so scripted and poorly written most of us had rather watch a good movie or read a good book. Don't bore us with this junk again.

Quote Originally Posted by Oceansands;3825144;
    I hope this isn't going to turn into another Rob and Amber show. Can't stand either of them. They have had their 15 minutes enough is enough. I stopped watching The Amazing Race because it turned into the Rob and Amber show, haven't watched TAR since. Not interested in watching another Survivor with returns. Survivor Superstars was a wash out, why repeat the same mistake bringing back people viewers are sick of? All new people are what keeps viewers interested in the show, new faces, new personalities and new everything is the main draw. Survivor is about the only reality show I still watch. Most are so scripted and poorly written most of us had rather watch a good movie or read a good book. Don't bore us with this junk again.
    You have no worries there since Amber isn't on the show.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

Episode 2, February 18th

"Itís Getting the Best of Me."

Since Steph is injuried ( dislocated shoulder and the boot ) I assumme this is her quote.
    I Think The American Public Will See I'm Ethical And Honest

Richard Hatch Season 1

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3823006;
    No, no age limit given Rudy was in his 70s when he was in his two seasons. I think too now he's like 78 or 82, and while I read after this that he grumbles he can hold against the younger folk, it's better safe than sorry. (BTW, I do think he could hold his own - he reminds me of actor Robert Conrad, who's pretty close to him in age and still can box and fight quite well. I just don't want him dying out there to prove it.)

That said, members I would rather not return - even if I enjoyed them on their seasons - back due to their ages (and therefore it's too much a risk for their safety) are Rudy (as much as I loved him in the series), Sonja (first bootee ever), BB Andersen, and pretty much anyone evac'd due to health issues and age.

Nothing against ANY of them, but I don't think this game is worth risking your life over - at least outside the normal risks of this game.

Supkin yes, and I still think that "Survivor" screws him over because of that incident. He must've been seriously hurt to the point someone threatened a suit against the show - just something that keeps him getting turned down. I think he'd be the next Hatch or Hantz; however, he's one like Will on "Big Brother" who understands the difference between game and real life, because he's really nice in person (at least my opinion).

If I recall correctly though, Shi-Ann had a second chance in either the first All-Stars or fans/favorites (probably the former) she did better too. Still, if a cast member deserved a THIRD chance, it'd be her for that very reason. Plus, she was a hoot to watch, similar to Sandra with the sarcasm and such (yes, I'm an oddball but I'm glad Sandra is back - she showed what a true UTR strategy was IMHO - be flexible, backstab when necessary, and still offer your vote for anyone as long as it's not her.).
    Last edited by jadewarlock; 02-11-2010 at 02:31 PM.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I'm a Sandra fan also. People who think you have to win all the challenges by being strong just don't get that there's more than one way to survive. As long as the UTR contestant gives us good interviews (as she did) I don't care if they are UTR or out there....both valid ways of surviving. After all, those little rodent sized mammals outlasted the dinosaurs....

+ Reply to Thread