+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 103 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454 ... LastLast

Thread: Survivor 20: All-Stars Spoiler Thread

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Survivor 20: All-Stars (Heroes vs. Villains) Spoiler Thread

Big Tom? I liked him during Africa but his bad attitude about being outplayed by Rob during AS left a bad impression. And Sierra? Granted, she's one of the few I did like during last season, but she's an interesting choice. Bleh to Tina and Rupert, but to Amanda, James, Ozzy, Tom W., Shane, Sandra, and Twila. And no Eliza, Terry, Todd, or Tyson (probably more I don't want to see, but those are the first 3 that came to mind). I wonder if Yau Man was asked back? Surprised he and Corinne are missing. Either way, much like AS and FvsF, I think the list stinks. And I'm sure a full out AS is going to suck even more, because the likes of Tom W., Ozzy, and James don't stand a chance Especially when you got people like Tina who love to play nice. Hopefully this turns out more like FvsF where people don't hold grudges and use common sense, and don't oust the strongest for being strong, most likeable, the person who won, etc. Though Ozzy will probably be out for Parvati's blood

So are these people who just said yes or is this likely going to be the list?

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3590157;
    Big Tom? I liked him during Africa but his bad attitude about being outplayed by Rob during AS left a bad impression. And Sierra? Granted, she's one of the few I did like during last season, but she's an interesting choice. Bleh to Tina and Rupert, but to Amanda, James, Ozzy, Tom W., Shane, Sandra, and Twila. And no Eliza, Terry, Todd, or Tyson (probably more I don't want to see, but those are the first 3 that came to mind). I wonder if Yau Man was asked back? Surprised he and Corinne are missing. Either way, much like AS and FvsF, I think the list stinks. And I'm sure a full out AS is going to suck even more, because the likes of Tom W., Ozzy, and James don't stand a chance Especially when you got people like Tina who love to play nice. Hopefully this turns out more like FvsF where people don't hold grudges and use common sense, and don't oust the strongest for being strong, most likeable, the person who won, etc. Though Ozzy will probably be out for Parvati's blood

So are these people who just said yes or is this likely going to be the list?
    They said yes, and Coby said they will likely be the majority of the cast.

I love Parvati, in fact I enjoyed most the FvF cast, but I'd really prefer not to see any of them play again--at least not this soon. I'm just more interested in seeing new people play vs. those who have already played. I just think people coming back for a third chance is really unfair to the original premise of the show.

But I guess if it's going to happen again, I'll be excited to see Randy and Shane again.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSSS;3590292;
    They said yes, and Coby said they will likely be the majority of the cast.

I love Parvati, in fact I enjoyed most the FvF cast, but I'd really prefer not to see any of them play again--at least not this soon. I'm just more interested in seeing new people play vs. those who have already played. I just think people coming back for a third chance is really unfair to the original premise of the show.

But I guess if it's going to happen again, I'll be excited to see Randy and Shane again.
    No, I do agree. I don't mind an AS version, but I don't think TPTB know how to cast one right. Of course I've thought for seasons they don't know what the viewers really like anyway in comparing Probsts comments to those across the web and in reviews. But I also am not crazy seeing certain people get a third try. Ozzy's obviously my exception I can go seeing Parvati, James, and Amanda again. But not Cirie, who used to be one of my favorites, and certainly not Tina, Rupert, Fairplay, or Big Tom. I also hate that they all form pre-show alliances outside of the show, come on, then get bitter grapes when someone else has a change of heart. Parv may want to ditch Natalie, who I don't think can really play the game without latching onto someone. If Stephenie winds up on the villians tribe, though somehow I think she's a hero to Probst and co., I almost hope they go on a losing streak just to watch her head explode. Maybe she'll realize it's her But really, everyone knows how to play the game and how everyone else was perceived and played the game and how strong/weak they are and who they made alliances/enemies with before. That's what I don't like, and what ruined AS for me (among other things).

So I'm guessing the tribe make up will be (villains): Fairplay (I can't imagine Probst is happy about this one; I wonder if he'll quit as quick as he did last time), Shane, Randy, Ace (another interesting choice), Coach, JR, Parvati, Twila, Jerri, and Stephenie/Jenna M., with the heroes tribe being the two Toms, Cirie, Ozzy, Rupert, James, Sierra, Tina, Amanda, Sandra, Stephenie/Jenna M., Sugar. That might be kind of interesting. With James, Ozzy, and Tom W., I say the heroes have an advantage.
    Last edited by karalott; 07-20-2009 at 01:52 AM.

The two people from that list I want to see the most are JRB and Shane, but JRB especially. When you are considered to be a bad boy in a sport that has some notorious ones (ie, Mike the Mouth, Phil Hellmuth), you obviously are a darn good villain. Of the third-timers, I would be most okay with Jenna and Ozzy. I still wonder if Yau-Man and Corinne were asked, but to me if we are talking heroes and villains, where is Dreamz?
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

I can't believe they are actually doing this. It was an idea that was started up on Sucks, and now, MB is actually doing it. Wow.

I'm not a fan of this idea. It's way too soon after FvF. If this is the last season, then I guess it's a good idea. But Survivor is still doing so well in the ratings that I can't imagine that CBS would cancel it. If they do cancel it, then it would probably have something to do with financial problems (although I don't know whether the show is expensive to produce or not). That, or they've just gotten tired of the show.

Also not a fan of the third-timers. I like most of them, but really, another chance at the mil?

And I'm not a fan (gosh, I'm really hating this so far ) of Samoa supposedly being used back-to-back. I know times are tough, but I hate when locations are used again. I know it's not that big of a deal, but to me, it is, one of the reasons being that I love it when the culture of the location is integrated into the game.

No Guatemala? What the heck, none of them were even on FvF. How unfair. And it's not like that cast is totally undeserving of a spot.

The one person I would love to see back is Timber Tina. I still feel bad for her. But unfortunately, she would never get asked to do another season. ETA: Oh, I would also love to see Kelly G get a spot also, since Lex screwed her over.
    Last edited by CrossingGuard; 07-20-2009 at 02:41 AM.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3590422;
    I can't believe they are actually doing this. It was an idea that was started up on Sucks, and now, MB is actually doing it. Wow.

I'm not a fan of this idea. It's way too soon after FvF. If this is the last season, then I guess it's a good idea. But Survivor is still doing so well in the ratings that I can't imagine that CBS would cancel it. If they do cancel it, then it would probably have something to do with financial problems (although I don't know whether the show is expensive to produce or not). That, or they've just gotten tired of the show.

Also not a fan of the third-timers. I like most of them, but really, another chance at the mil?

And I'm not a fan (gosh, I'm really hating this so far ) of Samoa supposedly being used back-to-back. I know times are tough, but I hate when locations are used again. I know it's not that big of a deal, but to me, it is, one of the reasons being that I love it when the culture of the location is integrated into the game.
    No Guatemala? What the heck, none of them were even on FvF. How unfair. And it's not like that cast is totally undeserving of a spot.

The one person I would love to see back is Timber Tina. I still feel bad for her. But unfortunately, she would never get asked to do another season. ETA: Oh, I would also love to see Kelly G get a spot also, since Lex screwed her over.
    Also, since this seasonis supposed to start filming just DAYS after season 19, that probably means no stand-out stars from season 19 will be on All Stars 2.0.

I think I'm the only one in the world who doesn't really care for Ozzy I would probably put him on the villans after that last go-round.

So far, none of the listed participants are interesting to me. Too bad they can't just repeat Survivor 1 and allow Hatch back along with the rest of them, you know...for all of those youngsters that didn't watch way back then.
    They serenaded the newest champs in this city of champs, and taunted Kobe Bryant and his Lakers, who drowned in a green-and-white wave for 48 minutes.

See Ozzy's personality is a bit grating, but let's just say that, um, well...
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

After seeing Ozzy (too much Ozzy!) on the Playboy channel show "Foursome", it is easy to see that he is a sleazy douchbag. I was pulling for him on the first Survivor but in real life his celebrity has jaded him. (or maybe he was always a douchebag?) Anyway, I'll never see him in the same light or be a fan again...

I say since they are going to do some kind of "reunion" show, how about taking the 1st person voted off each season? I like this idea.
    There's no place like home!

+ Reply to Thread