+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Jenna's Stuff mag Interview---reactions???

I don't give her enough credit to "play up" that side of her personality, since it appears that's the only side her personality has.
    Hey.. that's one more than Heidi.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

FORT Fogey
    Originally posted by Paulie
    Just had another thought. I'm not trying to defend the obvious shallowness of her personality, but I do think that Stuff Magazine's primary audience is young men who would respond positively to the stupid crap she said. I don't give her enough credit to "play up" that side of her personality, since it appears that's the only side her personality has. But the magazine may have edited out statements that sounded more normal.
    Bingo. If you click around and read the other girls' interviews, they are carbon copies. Stuff, unlike FHM (the UK version, not the watered-down American one), is a crap magazine and I really doubt the primary audience even reads the blurb interviews. However, on the off chance someone does read them, they are all written in the same bratty way so as to equate the featured girl to the girls walking around campus that Stuff's readers encounter at $1.50 Corona night on Thursdays, smoking Marlboro Lights and dancing (like Pete from Mr. Personality) to Jah Rule.

DD, are you saying that Jenna didn't say these things, and Stuff is just making it up? Or that she said them, but was encouraged to "play it up" for the mag? Or that she's this way really, and that's exactly the type of girl that Stuff is searching for?

it doesn't matter. She let herself be interviewed by them, and even if she was "encouraged" to say certain things, she still has free will and could have told them no.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Tell them no?

That would mean she'd have to learn a whole new word Cali
    "That's Numberwang!"

Jumpin' on the Clay Train Bdawg's Avatar
    Originally posted by BravoFan
    Well, there goes any myth that it was all in the editing.
    Sounds like she's been edited to seem a lot nicer than she is. It also explains why she hasn't been voted out yet - everybody wants to be sitting next to her at the final TC.

Obviously, Jenna was looking for a little publicity in the Stuff interview. She didn't represent herself well there, either, but Stuff had the final say as to which of her answers were published. I seriously doubt they had to strain very hard to find the answers to make her sound shallow and spoiled, though. In fact, I doubt there were answers of any other kind available for their final edit.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

FORT Fogey
    Originally posted by John
    DD, are you saying that Jenna didn't say these things, and Stuff is just making it up? Or that she said them, but was encouraged to "play it up" for the mag? Or that she's this way really, and that's exactly the type of girl that Stuff is searching for?
    Choice B, John.

It's not a matter of journalistic integrity. Stuff just has a monthly mold to fill and they do it with a few pics and a steered questionnaire that will cater to college guys too ignorant to buy FHM and too repressed to buy Juggs.

Wow, I really hate Jenna.

Line forms to the rear.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast