+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3031323334353637383940

Thread: 5/17 Finale *Spoilers*

Re: 5/17 Finale *Spoilers*

I also didn't particuarly care for JT. Didn't totally dislike the guy, but by no means was I rooting for him. Actually was hoping for Taj to make a big move at the end, and was rooting for Stephen second only because he made some good moves. His one truly bad move was not sticking by Taj. Had he let her go to final 3, and she had been cut there, I don't think she would have been bitter, and having her over at the jury telling them what really happened out there could have done a lot for him in the end. That is where JT truly stole the game.

The "3" needed JT's strength....would not have gone as far as they did without him, but needed to cut him before time ran out. That's where you let a Debbie or other weaker undesireable hang around a while in favor of a JT blindside. It's just a chance you have to take that if there is anyone out there that you may beat in a challenge, it's likely not going to be JT.

Jt deserved the win as much as anyone else. If you can get a mastermind on your side and not have to offer up any of the credit to him....then you deserve to take home a million bucks.

For the record,regarding former winners, Parvarti's win did not bother me, even if I didn't care for her that much (especially the first time around, the second time it seemed as if she did at least come to play and I was okay with her after James left). I actually really liked Earl and wanted him or Yao to win. I wasn't much on the Bob train as others were but that season was ruined for me by Sugar, who was determined to play not to advance her own game but to screw the games of others. This is why I shed no tears over Brendan leaving. You want to work together for a JT win? Oh really? You're rich...let's all get together and help the good ol' boy because some rich guy thinks he's awesome. Yeah...that'll work. After that statement was okay with him leaving even though I liked him before that.

In the end I'm okay with the winner we had. Looking forward to stronger contestants next season though. Stronger in terms of gameplay I mean, not someone who wipes out every challenge.
    Last edited by KeepItReal; 05-20-2009 at 11:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal;3459482;
    I also didn't particuarly care for JT. Didn't totally dislike the guy, but by no means was I rooting for him. Actually was hoping for Taj to make a big move at the end, and was rooting for Stephen second only because he made some good moves. His one truly bad move was not sticking by Taj. Had he let her go to final 3, and she had been cut there, I don't think she would have been bitter, and having her over at the jury telling them what really happened out there could have done a lot for him in the end. That is where JT truly stole the game.

The "3" needed JT's strength....would not have gone as far as they did without him, but needed to cut him before time ran out. That's where you let a Debbie or other weaker undesireable hang around a while in favor of a JT blindside. It's just a chance you have to take that if there is anyone out there that you may beat in a challenge, it's likely not going to be JT.

Jt deserved the win as much as anyone else. If you can get a mastermind on your side and not have to offer up any of the credit to him....then you deserve to take home a million bucks.

For the record,regarding former winners, Parvarti's win did not bother me, even if I didn't care for her that much (especially the first time around, the second time it seemed as if she did at least come to play and I was okay with her after James left). I actually really liked Earl and wanted him or Yao to win. I wasn't much on the Bob train as others were but that season was ruined for me by Sugar, who was determined to play not to advance her own game but to screw the games of others. This is why I shed no tears over Brendan leaving. You want to work together for a JT win? Oh really? You're rich...let's all get together and help the good ol' boy because some rich guy thinks he's awesome. Yeah...that'll work. After that statement was okay with him leaving even though I liked him before that.

In the end I'm okay with the winner we had. Looking forward to stronger contestants next season though. Stronger in terms of gameplay I mean, not someone who wipes out every challenge.
    Sugar's strategy was something that was never done before and she nearly pulled it off, which was to win America's favorite. Usually I also can't stand when a player isn't there to win but to make sure that a "good person" wins but in the end it was amazing for me to see her control the game and work out her plan.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

Most boring Survivor ever. Most boring finale ever.

BTW in Coach's mind he is that great and wonderful so of course if you ask the right questions on a lie detector test he will appear not to be a BIG FAT LIAR.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3461578;
    Most boring Survivor ever. Most boring finale ever.

BTW in Coach's mind he is that great and wonderful so of course if you ask the right questions on a lie detector test he will appear not to be a BIG FAT LIAR.
    I have no idea how the test is carried out so I don't understand why Jeff read out Ben Wade's answer to the question instead of reading the line whether he lied or not?

And I agree with you. He didn't and doesn't know he has lied. The incident with Sierra, we can read from interview that he has no idea he lied. He admited he made mistake but he said he had not lied in the game. What is this man thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by FBhang;3461914;
    I have no idea how the test is carried out so I don't understand why Jeff read out Ben Wade's answer to the question instead of reading the line whether he lied or not?

And I agree with you. He didn't and doesn't know he has lied. The incident with Sierra, we can read from interview that he has no idea he lied. He admited he made mistake but he said he had not lied in the game. What is this man thinking?
    Even if the technician had asked coach the question "did you ever lie to anyone during the game Survivor", Coach trully believes he did not, so if he answered No (I did not lie) the test results would read that he did not lie. That's why sociopaths are so hard to catch with a lie detector test.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3462256;
    Even if the technician had asked coach the question "did you ever lie to anyone during the game Survivor", Coach trully believes he did not, so if he answered No (I did not lie) the test results would read that he did not lie. That's why sociopaths are so hard to catch with a lie detector test.
    Yeah, like George Costanza said - "It's not a lie if you believe it."

+ Reply to Thread