+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Is Coach "for real"?

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Is Coach "for real"?

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3451598;
    I haven't watched all that many episodes this season, so I can only go by my limited viewing of him.
    He's totally a narcissist, but I do feel he is going for his 15 minutes of fame. I find him to be very much like Richard Hatch; just not quite as smart as Richard.
    Please! No comparison! Richard was arrogant, I grant you, but with reason! He saw through the game at once and manipulated everyone, even his best pal, into a situation in which he "had" to win. Now what he did seems obvious, be the provider, be the one no one likes (except one old guy) so whoever is in the final 3 will take you to the final 2....but remember he figured that out without previous episodes of Survivor to watch, all on his own. I thought he was full of it, too, but as the season went on I saw what he was doing, and even though it marred the "survivor" experience I thought I'd signed up to watch, it blew me away. This idiot (Coach) is "full of sound and fury signifiying nothing." Richard's sound and fury had meaning. (And no, I don't much like Richard as a person, but as a Survivor player, wow.)

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat;3451612;
    A legend in his own mind.
    The person who first said this phrase had Coach in mind when he said it.

How long has he been referring to himself in the third person? It makes him seem even creepier.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3451628;
    How long has he been referring to himself in the third person? It makes him seem even creepier.
    Not sure, but it seemed more prevalent last episode. The guy was voted off at the right time for his own sake. I think he was seriously losing it out there. The guy's wacko from the get go, but he was becoming wacko supreme, IMO. I actually found it uncomfortable watching him melt further and further into psychosis.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234