+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is Coach "for real"?

Re: Is Coach "for real"?

Quote Originally Posted by souljourney;3449935;
    Sigh...
    So does anyone have proof of him being a coach or maestro or anything?? Not a myspace page but some other 3rd party source of something?
    google "susanville symphony society"
    If your not the lead dog the scenery never changes

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3442498;
    Informal poll.

The gist of this question is NOT to determine whether or not Coach is a liar. Of course he is. What I'd like to gauge is how many people think he's sincerely and actually the delusional idiot we see presented on the show.

Yes, he's definitely a real person, who had a real life outside this show, that's been somewhat documented by now. He's not "an actor". But is he, in fact, a guy PLAYING dumb--VERY dumb--to get famous? Or is his apparent extreme level of delusion completely legit, wholly sincere?
    I think he believes he's Braveheart. and also Bruce Lee.

To answer- to get famous.
    It's got to be love.

FORT Fogey

What I'd like to gauge is how many people think he's sincerely and actually the delusional idiot we see presented on the show.
    Well, Krom I guess you can close this thread now; last night answered that question!

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

And if you still have any question about whether he's delusional, check out the Ponderosa footage.

I read several weeks ago that when he went back to the symphony after returning from the jungle, he was thin, frail, and using a cane. The writer of that article felt that that meant Coach had made it all the way to the end. I personally suspected that it meant that even when he got to Ponderosa, he limited what he ate so that he WOULD be very thin (and look like he made it to the end). Yep, sure enough, the Ponderosa footage shows that he was intentionally not eating much so that when he got home, he'd look like he'd had an adventure.

He's the first at Ponderosa who doesn't realize the game is over. Now he wants to control who wins (although none of the remaining players are warriors, and they weren't loyal to him). He said, "Coach Wade is no longer the bow of the ship; now he is the radar." Yoohoo, nut case. Everybody around you gets ONE vote, and they don't have to agree with you.

Check out my reality! AZHotFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian;3451346;
    And if you still have any question about whether he's delusional, check out the Ponderosa footage.

I read several weeks ago that when he went back to the symphony after returning from the jungle, he was thin, frail, and using a cane. The writer of that article felt that that meant Coach had made it all the way to the end. I personally suspected that it meant that even when he got to Ponderosa, he limited what he ate so that he WOULD be very thin (and look like he made it to the end). Yep, sure enough, the Ponderosa footage shows that he was intentionally not eating much so that when he got home, he'd look like he'd had an adventure.

He's the first at Ponderosa who doesn't realize the game is over. Now he wants to control who wins (although none of the remaining players are warriors, and they weren't loyal to him). He said, "Coach Wade is no longer the bow of the ship; now he is the radar." Yoohoo, nut case. Everybody around you gets ONE vote, and they don't have to agree with you.

I wouldn't be at all surprised for the "Jury members" to find out who Coach is voting for and purposely vote for the other one... regardless of who they think should win .. especially if we're talking about Steven and TJ .. because if it were Steven and Taj .. we know coach would not vote for "a girl" ... or TJ and Taj same thing .. he'd probably refuse to vote if it were Taj and Erinn ..
    Wasting away another summer...

Quote Originally Posted by AZHotFlash;3451480;
    he'd probably refuse to vote if it were Taj and Erinn ..
    HAHA! I wonder if that has ever happened - a jury member doing a "write-in" of someone not eligible.

I am so sorry that they didn't play the music from the television show Kung Fu while Coach Maestro Dragonslayer "No Excuses" Wade was on Exile Island. It would have been so perfect.

I haven't watched all that many episodes this season, so I can only go by my limited viewing of him.
    He's totally a narcissist, but I do feel he is going for his 15 minutes of fame. I find him to be very much like Richard Hatch; just not quite as smart as Richard.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey

Just for comparison--I know a number of people who espouse spiritual principles not unlike what "Coach" has talked about (not the "warrior" stuff but the basics of such disciplines as Tai Ch'i etc)
    --

But the difference is--they DON'T talk about it much--except with a select few other people--only those who are good friends etc--in other words they keep it private.

Unlike "Coach" who seems not to know what he sounds like when he talks about things that the people around him are not interested in. And when he tries to make it sound like some sort of 'secret way" that only he and a select other few know about--when that is far from the truth.

IMO that is the major problem--not his personal beliefs.

The "warrior" stuff" is a little-boy-who-hasn't-yet-grown-up--another problem entirely. IMO.

And then there is his hatred of women--disturbing in a male who is living in the 21st century. And again--his willingness to be so public about it is what makes it a disturbing aspect of his personality.

Have any of you read the novel Shibumi by Trevanian? It was written by a college professor with sort of a quiet life (Trevanian is a pseudonym) and it has this outrageous star who is an amazing martial artist, lover, adventurer. He belongs to no nation, he is known by all nations and coveted for their secret services. It totally reminds me of Coach. It's like Coach read this novel and internalized it. The worst part was when he sleeps with a young woman, who is then ruined for life because no other man will ever measure up to his prowess. A legend in his own mind.

But the pseudo Eastern mysticism is there, it's like this guy came to life in Coach's brain.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast