+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is Coach "for real"?

Re: Is Coach "for real"?

Good point, Tribal Speak. Now you mention it, I wonder the same, but I guess the players probably don't have to be found free of any mental defect, just unlikely to intentionally hurt themselves or anyone else, and in general 'stable', even if they are nuts.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

I think Coach could con his way through a psych evaluation! He's that crazy.

I would love to hear from someone who has actually seen this guy coach that college soccer team or anyone who has actually gone to watch him be the maestro at that little symphony gig he has going.

I don't think he is dumb by any means. I think he may actually be of above-average intelligence. I just think he is weird. He may come out as saying that he was playing this persona.....but he isn't fooling me. He is truly delusional.

And everytime we see him doing his morning ritual in the river, I can't help but wonder if he is secretly peeing in the water!

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3442498;
    Informal poll.

The gist of this question is NOT to determine whether or not Coach is a liar. Of course he is. What I'd like to gauge is how many people think he's sincerely and actually the delusional idiot we see presented on the show.

Yes, he's definitely a real person, who had a real life outside this show, that's been somewhat documented by now. He's not "an actor". But is he, in fact, a guy PLAYING dumb--VERY dumb--to get famous? Or is his apparent extreme level of delusion completely legit, wholly sincere?
    I think that Coach Maestro Dragonslayer is full scale delusional with a distinct dose of self-promoting. I actually kind of pity and cringe for the people in his everyday life who must be seeing him as he is for the first time.

I think he's truly delusional. Has he always been that way? Who knows? I have an ex that slowly became a delusional, pathological liar over time. So maybe its a mental illness that progresses with age. Whatever the case, I think he's crazy as a drunk rooster.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Follow-up question:

Who thinks that whether or not he IS for real, he nevertheless shows up at the finale reunion, having seen the broadcasts and media comments, and CLAIMS it was all an act.

The key is that if he IS delusional, he's the kind who's fully capable of convincing himself his behavior WAS all planned, even if he wasn't. He'll come on stage having convinced HIMSELF this is true and sincerely believe it, in the same way he's currently convinced he really HAS been the Amazon and had his ass at risk of being eaten by Pygmies.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3444509;
    Follow-up question:

Who thinks that whether or not he IS for real, he nevertheless shows up at the finale reunion, having seen the broadcasts and media comments, and CLAIMS it was all an act.

One of the funniest things was when Erinn said something like it wouldn't surprise her one bit if at the end, Coach turned out to be an accountant in real life and that he just played a huge "gotcha" on everyone.

Krom, I don't know; if he IS really all that far out there, wouldn't he defend his weirdness at the finale? Because he doesn't see it as weird, he thinks it's all normal for a Samuri Dragonslayer Pygmy Eascaper Action Hero Renaissance Man. So, wouldn't he explain that the rest of us just arent bright enough to get it? And that's what I expect to see.

:)

i think he will work a persecution theme into his storybook, ie "the wise samuri warrior dragonslayer is always misunderstood. i only pray for those who would try to bring me down" or probably something even more ridiculous than that. he might even attempt to quote Jesus again.

blech.
    Last edited by sunnymicki; 05-12-2009 at 09:07 PM. Reason: typo

Sigh...
    So does anyone have proof of him being a coach or maestro or anything?? Not a myspace page but some other 3rd party source of something?

Quote Originally Posted by souljourney;3449935;
    Sigh...
    So does anyone have proof of him being a coach or maestro or anything?? Not a myspace page but some other 3rd party source of something?
    Yes, look in his thread. It's a small college soccer team, forget the name, and a small town (Susanville California) community symphony, but he has been both. He has actually been fired from his coaching job because he lied when he took a leave of absence; he told them he needed medical testing

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast