+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: 4/30 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

What is Quality TV? junktvjunkie's Avatar

Re: 4/30 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal;3431097;
    Brendan had something to do with Taj turning on him, he didn't offer any insurance to the others at merge that their plans were still intact. They were on his turf, and his tribe had the numbers, it was up to him to approach and say that things were still golden.
    Yes, Brendan could have initiated some sort of contact.. but that road goes two ways... and it doesn't look like Taj or Stephen tried confirming the alliance either... so I guess some of the blame can be spread to all four. But the following week, when Brendan did try to revive the alliance, I don't think it was too late and didn't necessarily need to fall apart. The exile-island alliance was there first and got Taj/Stephen their immunity idol, so I think some loyalty for that would have been nice...

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal;3431097;
    As for Stephen, I don't trust him, but until he actually crosses JT or Taj, he's still good. Hell, I feel the same way about JT. He's no better in my eyes. The thing is, it's easy to contemplate stealing something so valuable and using it to your own benefiit. Unless one of them actually does it, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.
    ok, I give... can't blame the guy for contemplating a backstab... you're right....

For a game that's all about backstabbing alliances, I dunno why I'm so appalled at all the backstabbing! LOL

What is Quality TV? junktvjunkie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal;3431420;
    It all goes back to how much each remaining Survivor knows about the dealings going on out there and what secrets they are interested in keeping. Sierra could cause trouble with her mouth. They got a great view of that last night when she reamed out Coach and Debbie. I think they let her go because of the trouble she could cause, not because they wanted peace out there.
    That's an interesting theory... sounds plausible... ever since becoming an indie, after the Brendan blindside, she seems to have spoken her mind pretty openly since she really had nothing to lose at that point... I suppose people might be worried about her simply spilling more truths than they would like going forward... interesting thought...

But speaking of annoyances... Sierra might have been annoying to the Survivor cast, but I can't think of anyone who grates my nerves more than DD at the moment... not even Coachbag.. at least he is fairly consistent and somewhat predictable... but busting into those fake tears when Sierra outed her and Coach and the lecturing... and now she wants to jump ship and turn on coach... sheesh... good luck with that... oh principal with no priniciples...

Unless things change drastically, I think Stephen is really coming out as the scheming masterplayer. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but that whole Brendan "dragon slaying"... obviously it wasn't Coach, but in Tyson's interview, he takes credit for it... I recall Stephen figuring out the split vote number strategy, no? But overall, it seems he's been the key strategist of the JT/Stephen brains'n brawn operation and he's probably the current lead player in my opinion... but I'm still hoping for Erinn to turn something around...

The more I think about it, that may be why JT and Co. show so much venom towards Sierra. She had no reason to really like any of those people out there. They all have crossed her. We have no idea what her response was after Brendan was voted out. They never showed us if she made mention of it. She would have used any of them to further her game and probably thrown them away right after. The exile 3 ruined her one solid alliance, she hates Coachbag and Co., she was 100% in it for herself because alliances have not worked out well for her. We can only speculate, but I wonder if Brendan's choice of Sierra as his pick for the exile alliance was a mistake. If they came over and realized that they didn't like or trust this woman that would be another reason for them to break the alliance. Sadly it would have to be Brendan that went, because "the 3" were still in the minority and would have to jump at Tyson and Coach's offer to take out one of their own. Sure, "the 3" could have approached Brendan to preserve the alliance, but perhaps it was an easy out when they discovered that they didn't care for Sierra. Just a theory, I can't wait for the finale and hopefully my many questions will be addressed.

FORT Fogey

Thoughts, assuming Stephan keeps control of the game. And that is a big assumption because certainly others see him as hard to beat.

Sierra was voted out because she was expendable. I don't think it was a complicated choice. A Timbura had to go. Keeping Debbie and Coach was smart because they think they are in a F4 alliance with Stepan and JT.

Erinn may be in trouble next week. She is out of the loop on exile and a peripheral member of the primary alliance. Voting her out next week leaves JT, Stephan and Taj against Debbie and Coach.

Debbie goes next. That leaves Stephan, JT, Taj and Coach. Stephan, Taj and Coach blindside JT leaving the F3 as Stephan, Taj and Coach. Stephan has set himself up to get the best game played jury votes.
    Last edited by shoepie; 05-02-2009 at 10:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3431958;
    Stephan has set himself up to get the best game played jury votes.
    Totally agree. I think if Stephen makes it to the final two or three he will win.

I think Stephen may have trouble in the final 2.Tyson has said in interviews after watching the show,that he didn't realize what a strong, strategic game Stephen was playing.What may be obvious to us viewers may not be to the fellow players.
    That said I love the alliance of Stephen,JT and Taj.Stephen-the strategic player,JT-the physical player,Taj-the social player.All 3 seem like nice people that genuinely like each other.I would be more than happy if they were final 3,especially considering they were down 6-3.

Quote Originally Posted by princessKIM;3432074;
    I think Stephen may have trouble in the final 2.Tyson has said in interviews after watching the show,that he didn't realize what a strong, strategic game Stephen was playing.What may be obvious to us viewers may not be to the fellow players.
    That said I love the alliance of Stephen,JT and Taj.Stephen-the strategic player,JT-the physical player,Taj-the social player.All 3 seem like nice people that genuinely like each other.I would be more than happy if they were final 3,especially considering they were down 6-3.
    Yeah, I just read the Sierra interview where she says pretty much the same thing as Tyson. It's too bad for Stephen they don't vote after watching the show.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Mags225;3432079;
    Yeah, I just read the Sierra interview where she says pretty much the same thing as Tyson. It's too bad for Stephen they don't vote after watching the show.
    As others join them in Ponderosa they hear what is going on in the game. When they vote they have full knowlege of what has transpired.

In their interviews they can only speak of what they knew when they left so that is what we are reading. They have a handler who makes sure they do this too!

FORT Fogey

Sierra played a good game this week, she did all she could - to expose Coach and Debbie in front of Jalapao three, and successfully got Taj sided with her and Erinn not writing her name down. Shame that she was getting better and better and she got voted off but that's the game. Sierra was not voted out because she is useless, but because she is, as Stephen said, not predictable. Not saying she is smarter than the remaining three but she is definitely more difficult to control than the three. I regard this as a threat, so I feel good for Sierra.

LOL at Stephen's face when he read his name on the vote, he was shaking!

And from Ponderosa videos we can see we have a pretty good jury so far. Everyone is relaxing and put the game behind and not blaming anyone. Micronesia is coming back after the Gabon [mod edit]. Think Stephen would propably win because they appreciate blindsides.
    Last edited by The Mod Team; 05-03-2009 at 08:05 AM.

I agree that Stephen is strong strategically, but I have to keep reminding myself that if it weren't for the dysfunction of Timbira, he'd likely be one of the three at Ponderosa. Timbira was up 6-3. Even after voting off Brendan, they were still up 5-3. Next vote...Stephen, Taj, or JT. They play the HII they have, and it backfires in Timbira's face. Timbira would still be up 4-3 and Jalapao's HII is gone. Pick the other two off and what's left is a Timbira F4. This must be a Survivor first where one tribe has collapsed this way. Long story, short....Stephen has had unsolicited help. Timbira was/is their own worst enemy. Now at 3-3, they are sunk. Try getting a Jalapao to flip. Likely not gonna happen. Coach and Debbie's only hope is to sway Erinn back using a "Timbira strong" line, get a tie vote at TC, and then win the tiebreaker. That's alot. Unless a Timbira wins II at F4, I'm seeing a Stephen, Taj, JT F3.

+ Reply to Thread