+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Survivor Piranha Report - Week 10 - Chicks Dig Jury Members With Scars

Fri Morning Survivorback

Rob's Jury Chances

If you read or see any of the post game interviews with the jury members (chat transcripts, morning shows, etc.), Deena and Alex have both pointed out that they felt Rob played an excellent game. I think that Alex would vote for one of the broomsticks (Heidi/Jenna) over Rob, but his respect for Rob's play may get his vote over anyone else. Deena's interviews have revealed that she fully respected what Rob had to do (and her attitude that it was her mistakes and Rob's great game play that led to her boot have certainly nominated her as my favorite non-winner of all time). In my mind, Dave is the only current jury member who is up in the air and he has shown respect for the game.

So if we look ahead for Rob, he has several storms yet to weather. The most likely scenario is that Heidi and Jenna are on the jury and vote against him while Alex and Deena are in his corner. Dave may be on the fence depending upon who is seated next to Rob.

Rob's talent so far has been his ability to run the game behind the scenes, not run it from out front. The ire of the girls this week puts Rob smack in the middle of the tribe, not where he wants to be. His best bet is to weather this storm and let Matt take over the pole position, allowing Rob to slip back out of the limelight.

Don't forget also that the other members of the tribe need to begin considering the end game. It's not enough to make it to the final two, you need to have someone sitting next to you that you feel has the jury's wrath. Heidi and Jenna have the sexual appeal/crush material to be too much of a risk. If I'm Matt or Christy or Butch, the most likely polarizing figure left is Rob.

That being said, I think Rob's game play MAY swing votes his way. Maybe not 4 votes, but I'll bet it would be close! That may depend upon Rob's ability to suck up come question and answer time...
    What do honesty, integrity, morals, or ethics have to do with a million dollars?

Methinks either Heidi or Rob will go next week. Heidi: because she is viewed as stronger than Jenna (which is actually not true) and others will realize they must break up the Heidi/Jenna two vote alliance. Rob will realize that he prefers a million dollars to a H/J/R threesome on Day 37. With a million dollars, he can purchase any number of Heidis or Jennas.

Rob: he has backstabbed too many people too many times. No one trusts him now. The naked duo hate him for taking away their dreamy boyfriends. Matt & Butch are now in charge and realize they must eliminate Rob to further their own F4 hopes. I don't see them becoming arrogant, and thereby losing, like Deena and Alex.

Great series--great TV. Go Matt!

Namaste.

Fri Morning Survivorback
    True. I think Rob's biggest mistake of the game might be his confession to Matt. Did he have to tell him everything to get Matt on his side? We know he did not, since Matt was coming to him.

But inseparable bond between the two girls means one of them has to go (probably Heidi). With the emotional tide against them, I think Rob is safe this week.

Again, thinking of the end game, we know that Jenna will have two votes if she is in the final two (Alex and Heidi). Meaning she is halfway to the money. I wouldn't want one of them next to me because of that.

Since the tribe hasn't seen the confessionals (i.e. the lack of animosity towards Rob, at least from those on the jury at this point), if I were Christy, Butch, or Matt, I would want Rob next to me.
    What do honesty, integrity, morals, or ethics have to do with a million dollars?

mflcommish: I am not sure that I agree with you. I saw Alex on the Early Show Friday morning 4-25-03. Normally, I would never get to watch that because I would be at work, but we were on Spring Break. Alex was asked " what are your criteria in voting for the sole survivor?"
    He replied: " A strong player. The person who plays the game the best."

Meaning: Matt, not little scheming twig-girls.

I think the men will vote for a strong, winning man, out of respect. It happend before, especially with votes for Brian Heidik in S5.

Namaste.

I think either Heidi or Jenna will go before Rob at this point. My guess is Heidi will be more likely to be voted off first. As long as Rob doesn't piss Matt/Christy off during the next show he will out last at least one of the so called hot chicks.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Fri Morning Survivorback
    Suxie: I hope so! But that helps my argument that Rob is not an automatic 0-5 on the jury should Heidi and Jenna go next. I have heard Alex say that Rob was a very good player, so maybe Rob would have Alex' support even if he were up against Heidi or Jenna. I do believe Deena would vote in favor of Rob.

Does anyone know what the rules are for the jury? What are they allowed to see besides Tribal Council? I'm not sure I believe Alex would refer to Matt is a good player (physically strong, yes) at this point. Alex knows that Rob turned on him, but not that Matt initiated the same idea or that Matt has shown any sort of game play.

The biggest "Hall of Shame" moment was when the Rotu 4 voted against Neleh because she outplayed them. I have been very impressed with Deena and Alex' comments regarding Rob as they have talked about his superior game play, not his betrayal.

FORT Fogey

Rob - Boy Wonder

(About bag-of-bones Heidi.) “You had two pieces of cake? How does this girl keep her figure?”
    I may be a little late with this priceless quote by Rob, but it does merit attention.

As annoying as Rob is, there are flickers of game playing ability and humor that have been major highlights of this particular "Survivor" for me.

Great analysis, Bill! As always, it was humorous and thought-provoking.

I don't agree that Rob's tell-all was a mistake. I think putting his cards on the table will help to defuse Jenna's attempt to shock Matthew with Rob's deception. He probably recognized that he could no longer play the game from the shadows and is shifting gears to become more of an overt controller of the game. Whether that will work for him or not remains to be seen. I've thought from the beginning that he'd lose by overplaying his hand. If he's sitting in the Final Two, though, I think he'll get a number of respect votes, as others here have mentioned.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

You could be right Paulie, and there is good logic behind the thoughts.

I considered that angle, but I just feel that Matthew's harping constantly in confessionals about Rob being deceitful (in that weird monotone voice) is a sign he made his point too clearly. Plus, I really don't think he explained well enough why Matt should trust him beyond everyone going into a feeding frenzy to bump off Alex.

I just don't see Rob making the final two though this week will go a long way to clear up some confusion.

I am enjoying watching how this one is winding down.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

I am, too, Bill. So far, I think this has been one of the best seasons ever.
    Last edited by Paulie; 04-29-2003 at 07:38 PM.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast