+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: James "JT" Thomas Jr. - Survivor Tocantins

FORT Regular

Re: James "JT" Thomas Jr. - Survivor Tocantins

jt was my favorite ever on survivor, and he is a better friend to stephen than stephen is to him.I hate to see him give the $100,000 to stephen.

jt was my favorite ever on survivor, and he is a better friend to stephen than stephen is to him.I hate to see him give the $100,000 to stephen.
    Doesn't the person who comes in second get something like $250,00.00?
    Some people may not have looked at JT as "the mastermind." It took a lot of brains to win the last two immunity challenges. Remember the one to get to the final three involved not only being physically strong but there was the puzzle he had to solve. The last challenge really took concontration and co-ordination. JT had it all. I am SO happy for him. He deserves every dime!!!

I thought second place has always been $100,000.

It was much easier for JT to bring Stephen than the other way around, because they both knew that JT had a big edge for the million. So, JT "gave" Stephen $100K (or whatever), but in the reverse Stephen would have "given" JT $1 million. There was nothing even about it, and JT even admitted in a confessional that there was an inadvisability of bringing Stephen. JT didn't get self-righteous about it until it made him look good to do so. It was a risky move, but also very manipulative of him.

I'm not begrudging JT of the win, I think he earned it, but he wasn't the noble warrior.

One of my favorite parts of this season was watching the unlikely friendship/alliance of City boy Stephen & Country boy JT. They stayed strong in their partnership & trusted each other from the very beginning & found a genuine new unlikely friendship. Only at the end did it begin to waver, & then only because of the stress of the game.
    It was nice to see the real friendship was there at the reunion show.

It reminded me of my favorite Survivor partnership: Lex & Big Tom, the same kind of City boy/Country boy unlikely pair. Same thing, only at the end did it waver, but the friendship made it through strong.

JT was my favorite for the win this season, but I liked them both. Just so both of them were the final 2, I knew I'd be happy with the winner.

I've just watched the season in one long marathon sitting, and I have to say that I love J.T. He seems the best combination of savvy and scruples (relative to Survivor) that there's been in a long time.

FORT Newbie

Congrats to JT - the right person won the game and the million :-)

FORT Newbie

No offence to JT's trust of Stephen but I sure hope he uses caution regarding how he invests his winnings and with whom. We've already seen how Stephen can turn on his friend in the name of winning money...he got pretty nasty at times and I didn't get the impression that he was just trying to win the money...I think he meant every word he said. Even though JT admitted to acting devastated by Stephen's words in order to gain more jury votes (I wonder how many women across North America wanted to give him a snuggle during those moments, lol), he never tried to rub Stephen's face in the dirt. I really hope JT takes his time deciding how to invest and keeps investing and his new friendship with Stephen seperate. THAT would be good business sense.

Love ya JT!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Just saw a People magazine issue (the 50 bachelors one) in my dentist's office (honest! ) that said that Stephen and JT are very close still, talk all the time, etc.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678