+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 78

Thread: James "JT" Thomas Jr. - Survivor Tocantins

  1. #41
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    799

    Re: James "JT" Thomas Jr. - Survivor Tocantins

    I have a feeling his accent is his only charm. JT is a bit redneck for me to cheer for him. Need of $$ isnt the same as knowledge what to do with && after you have it. JT might stick the money in his mattress or buy swamp land. I would rather it goes to someone with a clue.

  2. #42
    Miz Smarty Britches queenb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    running for the border
    Age
    54
    Posts
    6,776

    Re: James "JT" Thomas Jr. - Survivor Tocantins

    I don't find JT to be 'too redneck', I'm more disappointed that he seems to change his mind depending on which way he thinks the wind might blow at any given moment. He doesn't even seem to allow time to double check either.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

  3. #43
    chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, 7up Pinball Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion spockwhat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    2,152

    Re: James "JT" Thomas Jr. - Survivor Tocantins

    I think JT's biggest obstacle is that people love him and trust him SO much, that they are going to feel most betrayed by him when he votes them out. In Tyson's farewell speech last week, he stated that he thought it was Coach and JT who voted for Sierra... not Debbie! That's how much trust people are willing to give him.

    That could come back to bite JT hard.

  4. #44
    FORT Fanatic Mags225's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    425

    Re: James "JT" Thomas Jr. - Survivor Tocantins

    Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat;3428235;
    I think JT's biggest obstacle is that people love him and trust him SO much, that they are going to feel most betrayed by him when he votes them out. In Tyson's farewell speech last week, he stated that he thought it was Coach and JT who voted for Sierra... not Debbie! That's how much trust people are willing to give him.

    That could come back to bite JT hard.
    Really good point. The whole giving Coach "his word" will totally be brought up again if he makes it to the finals.

  5. #45
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    22

    Re: James "JT" Thomas Jr. - Survivor Tocantins

    I bet JT doesn't have to wait til finals before he hears it about "giving his word". As soon as they get back from TC, I'd be surprised/shocked if Coach didn't confront him immediately.....

  6. #46
    FORT Fanatic Mags225's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    425

    Re: James "JT" Thomas Jr. - Survivor Tocantins

    Quote Originally Posted by Charliesgirl;3428987;
    I bet JT doesn't have to wait til finals before he hears it about "giving his word". As soon as they get back from TC, I'd be surprised/shocked if Coach didn't confront him immediately.....
    Oh sure, there may be that kind of confrontation. I was just adding to the previous poster's comment about how because people all like JT so much, his betrayal will hurt all the more, and I could see some people using the "he gave his word" thing as an excuse to not vote for him. I also think another person, less likeable than JT, who went back on his word, might not have it held against him so much.

  7. #47
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    22

    Re: James "JT" Thomas Jr. - Survivor Tocantins

    Gotcha - good point. Maybe Coach will confront him in front of everyone, it will all get aired out (liars and liars - like Coach hasn't lied!!!) and that will be it...luckily there are only 2 people in Ponderosa right now (Brendon and Tyson) and I'm sure Brendon wouldn't hold it against him in the vote...Tyson might - but, he has made a huge deal in interviews about how it's all part of the game. (He also favors Coach, Debbie and then Stephen...according to what he says so if any of them are there at the end, it may be irrelevant.)

  8. #48
    FORT Fogey navybelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,465

    Re: James "JT" Thomas Jr. - Survivor Tocantins

    Quote Originally Posted by Mags225;3429084;
    Oh sure, there may be that kind of confrontation. I was just adding to the previous poster's comment about how because people all like JT so much, his betrayal will hurt all the more, and I could see some people using the "he gave his word" thing as an excuse to not vote for him. I also think another person, less likeable than JT, who went back on his word, might not have it held against him so much.
    If I remember correctly, not much if anything was made out of it last week. They apologized to Coach/Debbie, but did I miss anything about JT's word being given (and gone back on)?
    I really didn't like how he seemed so worried about Coach being mad at him, though, because it doesn't seem like it was just game play. He really is coming off as a bit clueless and a follower.

  9. #49
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    13,531

    Re: James "JT" Thomas Jr. - Survivor Tocantins

    Quote Originally Posted by navybelle;3432017;
    I really didn't like how he seemed so worried about Coach being mad at him, though, because it doesn't seem like it was just game play. He really is coming off as a bit clueless and a follower.
    Yes. This incident confirmed my opinion that JT is not playing a dumb country boy covering a shrewd mind. Stephan sees this, too. He cannot make F3. I smell another blindside.

  10. #50
    :)
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    103

    Re: James "JT" Thomas Jr. - Survivor Tocantins

    Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3432089;
    Yes. This incident confirmed my opinion that JT is not playing a dumb country boy covering a shrewd mind. Stephan sees this, too. He cannot make F3. I smell another blindside.
    I think you are right - Stephen will never take him to the final 3. If I had to guess, Stephen sees Coach and Taj as the "ideal" people to take with him. No one likes Coach enough to vote for him, and people won't want to give the money to someone who is already very rich (Taj).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.