+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: James "JT" Thomas Jr. - Survivor Tocantins

Re: James "JT" Thomas Jr. - Survivor Tocantins

I also saw Colby from Survivor Australia on some show the other day but I don't really know what it was and I only watched 5 minutes of it. There was a reception hall in some town that was destroyed by fire or a natural disaster or something and there were all these couples that were supposed to be married there. This show was rebuilding it and giving them all a wedding at the same time or something. There were like 50 couples. Anyway, Colby and some girl were on some stage telling the couples about it. Oh! I just remembered! It was Rachel Ray and when I realized it was her show I changed the channel because I totally HATE that woman!
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

Quote Originally Posted by noraradtke;3309224;
    He seems like he'll have a hard time fitting in with the LA types... hopefully he won't get manipulated for lack of street smarts.
    Don't assume cattlemen don't have street smarts.

tell 'em, allie...anyway, oddly enough given I'm a rural Georgia native I'm usually not at all a fan of the "country boys" they present on Survivor (Dumbass of the Century Bobby John, boring Colby, drunk "Big Tom") but I do like JT, so far--a lot!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3309865;
    TIt's not like the majority of contestants on these shows have hit it big anyway.
    Rob and Amber? They seemed to make it big off of this for a little while... two seasons of the Amazing Race, a wedding special, and then their own reality show... That's not bad for going on Survivor.

And yeah, JT, lovable but not slippery enough. And he's taken the the leader role of his tribe which really puts a peg on his back at the merge. If Timbira have an advantage that boy is gone. If not, then he might be ok for awhile. We'll see...

I really like JT! I don't think I have ever had such a stong favorite so early on in any other season.

Thank you CrossingGuard and MisterSSS for summing it up. It's not like the majority of contestants on these shows have hit it big anyway. Out of all the Survivor's who've ever been cast, I think Colleen from back in season 1 was the only one to have real success (a movie role and a commercial). Everyone else either fades back into the background or continue to appear on some other reality show with a bunch of other also rans. There have been people recruited who were huge fans and I wouldn't doubt some of the applicants who apply and are true fans don't have some entertainment ambition, either. Not that I want an entire cast full of models, actors, and singers from LA and NYC, but I don't think some seasons would have been the same had they not recruited certain people (though I'll never forgive them for casting Fairplay).

He might be too naive, but I really think he'll be the good ol'boy that everyone loves, and his only fault may be being too likeable to take to the end. Unless he gets screwed over in an alliance early on or completely sucks at the physical challenges I think he's a good bet to last awhile.
    Hunter Ellis has had multiple shows as the host on the History Channel. Survivor apparantely opened some doors for him.

Thank you CrossingGuard and MisterSSS for summing it up. It's not like the majority of contestants on these shows have hit it big anyway. Out of all the Survivor's who've ever been cast, I think Colleen from back in season 1 was the only one to have real success (a movie role and a commercial). Everyone else either fades back into the background or continue to appear on some other reality show with a bunch of other also rans.
    Depends how you want to define "real success."

Elisabeth is on The View. Ethan runs an AIDS awareness program in Africa. Jenna co-hosted Survivor Live with Dalton and had a column in some magazine. Ethan and Jenna were on the cover of PETA together. Danni was on a ESPN show and was/is a spokesperson for Coleman. Amber and Rob had their wedding televised, and Amber also published a book and appeared in FHM.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Interestingly not one of them has become an actor (unless you count Fairplay's connection with WWE). Well, take that back I remember one group early on, including Gervaise I think, who had a guest appearance of a TV drama, NOT playing themselves.
    So the mactors had better focus on their modeling careers!

Quote Originally Posted by stacerace;3323354;
    I also saw Colby from Survivor Australia on some show the other day but I don't really know what it was and I only watched 5 minutes of it. There was a reception hall in some town that was destroyed by fire or a natural disaster or something and there were all these couples that were supposed to be married there. This show was rebuilding it and giving them all a wedding at the same time or something. There were like 50 couples. Anyway, Colby and some girl were on some stage telling the couples about it. Oh! I just remembered! It was Rachel Ray and when I realized it was her show I changed the channel because I totally HATE that woman!
    Colby does regular features on Rachel Ray. Not on every episode, but he seems to be 'on staff' in some capacity. I don't watch her very often, but he's been on about 1/2 of the times I've watched.

JT is such a nice, country guy, (and not bad looking!) He is by far my favorite.
    ~Supernatural Addict~

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast