+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: James "JT" Thomas Jr. - Survivor Tocantins

Re: James "JT" Thomas Jr. - Survivor Tocantins

Good background. Some of the more daunting physical challenges are like tackling cattle, LOL. I like the bio. I'll bet he's ear candy too with his accent.

FORT Newbie

He seems like he'll have a hard time fitting in with the LA types... hopefully he won't get manipulated for lack of street smarts.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by noraradtke;3309224;
    He seems like he'll have a hard time fitting in with the LA types... hopefully he won't get manipulated for lack of street smarts.
    Maybe they can have a "real people" alliance (against all the mactors!)!

Just out of curiosity, what's not real about a mactor? They're still people who exist on the planet...doesn't that make them real?

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSSS;3309480;
    Just out of curiosity, what's not real about a mactor? They're still people who exist on the planet...doesn't that make them real?
    The main problem for most people is if the player wants to actually be there or not.

I've gotten into numerous debates over the issue concerning "mactors" vs. "real people" (check the first pages of Dan Kay's thread for an example). It just frustrates me that most fans are hellbent about excluding people who want to model or act from the show. Yes, it's refreshing to get people who are fans of the show and actually want to be there, but not all the people that apply for the show are TV-friendly. Are they going to make entertaining TV, or are they going to blend into the background. For most applicants, it's the latter, and the casting directors have to resort to recruiting people, with most of these recruits being people pursuing the entertainment industry (not all recruits are though). And it's not like the recruits are horrible people. Many fan favorites have been recruits.

Both modeling and acting are just job occupations, the way I see it. Not the most well-respected fields, but they're still jobs. And the people who pursue these fields can just be as likable or as unlikable as the normal applicant.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Thank you CrossingGuard and MisterSSS for summing it up. It's not like the majority of contestants on these shows have hit it big anyway. Out of all the Survivor's who've ever been cast, I think Colleen from back in season 1 was the only one to have real success (a movie role and a commercial). Everyone else either fades back into the background or continue to appear on some other reality show with a bunch of other also rans. There have been people recruited who were huge fans and I wouldn't doubt some of the applicants who apply and are true fans don't have some entertainment ambition, either. Not that I want an entire cast full of models, actors, and singers from LA and NYC, but I don't think some seasons would have been the same had they not recruited certain people (though I'll never forgive them for casting Fairplay).

He might be too naive, but I really think he'll be the good ol'boy that everyone loves, and his only fault may be being too likeable to take to the end. Unless he gets screwed over in an alliance early on or completely sucks at the physical challenges I think he's a good bet to last awhile.

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3309865;
    Thank you CrossingGuard and MisterSSS for summing it up. It's not like the majority of contestants on these shows have hit it big anyway. Out of all the Survivor's who've ever been cast, I think Colleen from back in season 1 was the only one to have real success (a movie role and a commercial). Everyone else either fades back into the background or continue to appear on some other reality show with a bunch of other also rans. There have been people recruited who were huge fans and I wouldn't doubt some of the applicants who apply and are true fans don't have some entertainment ambition, either. Not that I want an entire cast full of models, actors, and singers from LA and NYC, but I don't think some seasons would have been the same had they not recruited certain people (though I'll never forgive them for casting Fairplay).

He might be too naive, but I really think he'll be the good ol'boy that everyone loves, and his only fault may be being too likeable to take to the end. Unless he gets screwed over in an alliance early on or completely sucks at the physical challenges I think he's a good bet to last awhile.
    Aren't you forgetting dear Elizabeth Hasselbeck.

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3309513;
    Both modeling and acting are just job occupations, the way I see it. Not the most well-respected fields, but they're still jobs. And the people who pursue these fields can just be as likable or as unlikable as the normal applicant.
    Quite right, they are occupations that have very difficult entry points for newcomers. I should think this can be a way in preferable to the casting couch.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by paridy;3311283;
    Aren't you forgetting dear Elizabeth Hasselbeck.
    Oh yes, and Elisabeth. So Survivor is 2/for however many tried to break into the entertainment world. Well, there was some movie a bunch of reality show has beens starred in on E!, and Jenna Lewis's honeymoon tape, and Ozzy's past on the Playboy channel. I guess it depends how bad you want to keep your 15 minutes going.

JT is definitely my eye candy this season Him and another guy (Joe I think). He seems like he'll be a good ol'boy so here's hoping he's around for awhile.

I remember that Sean from the first Survivor was a medical advisor on CBS. Don't know if he still does that or not. (He won a challenge and his reward was to go on a yacht overnight. When he got on board, he realized that his father was the "skipper" and they had a nice overnight together. When he got back on shore, he was the next to go!)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast