+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 42 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Benjamin "Coach" Wade - Survivor Tocantins

FORT Fanatic

Re: Benjamin "Coach" Wade - Survivor Tocantins

The discussion about the edit of Coach being slanted to make him seem like a real jerk has one major flaw.
    You cant edit in stuff the guy didnt say or do. Yes, they can take out the stuff that may make him look like less of an egomaniac, but that is the best they can do with this guy. He has to have said and done the things they decide to leave in. So, even if he saves injured crocidiles in his spare time he is still licking women the rest of the time.
    It comes down to the best advice for anyone going on a reality show: If you dont want to appear to be an ass dont do anything asslike.

Quote Originally Posted by imissme;3376225;
    It comes down to the best advice for anyone going on a reality show: If you dont want to appear to be an ass dont do anything asslike.
    I'm pretty sure that "Coach" doesn't believe that he is being an ass.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

The discussion about the edit of Coach being slanted to make him seem like a real jerk has one major flaw.
    You cant edit in stuff the guy didnt say or do. Yes, they can take out the stuff that may make him look like less of an egomaniac, but that is the best they can do with this guy. He has to have said and done the things they decide to leave in. So, even if he saves injured crocidiles in his spare time he is still licking women the rest of the time.
    And even if he is somehow "magically" being made into an ass that he isn't (riiiiiiiiiight...), he's still undeniably kind of greasy, creepy and generally physically useless (which would be ironic for a coach, except, well... that saying that "those who can't... coach" is probably almost always true).

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3376456;
    And even if he is somehow "magically" being made into an ass that he isn't (riiiiiiiiiight...), he's still undeniably kind of greasy, creepy and generally physically useless (which would be ironic for a coach, except, well... that saying that "those who can't... coach" is probably almost always true).
    Yeah, I was surprised by the lack of physicality and work ethic - both pretty important in players, so maybe that does explain things.

Not a fan of Coach at all, but I wonder if maybe he's playing down his athletic abilities until the merge. I mean, assuming he actually did do the kayaking and didn't lie about that, as well as some of the other stuff, he must have some ability. Is it possible he's doing just enough to be adequate, but not so much that people see him as a real physical threat?
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

I was shocked to see he's only 37. He seems much older in the way he dresses and with his hairdo eekkk. Now this is not saying he has a mature personality--no way--it's just the way he looks.
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

So, even if he saves injured crocidiles in his spare time he is still licking women the rest of the time.
    One of the voted off survivors said that Coach only tried that one time to "lick" somebody, so I doubt he does it all the time. My impression was that he was trying (in a creepy way) to make up and be friends with Candace.

That said, he is full of himself and a bit of a macho jerk, BUT he makes for great TV. I crack up every time I see him running around in his knee-high "coach socks".
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Quote Originally Posted by RBmumsie;3378532;
    That said, he is full of himself and a bit of a macho jerk, BUT he makes for great TV. I crack up every time I see him running around in his knee-high "coach socks".
    You mean WALKING around--I've noticed he never makes it far into a challenge and he's jogging very slowly, then walking, and really looking tired. I thought Coach was close to my age, at least.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

I hope this tool doesn't make the jury... it will be great if he gets blind-sided right before!!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Post merge, if he makes it, I can see the other team wondering WHY on earth did his original team tolerate him! :ol

+ Reply to Thread