+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Survivor Tocantins *Spoilers and Speculation*

Survivor Tocantins *Spoilers and Speculation*

Jeff Probst told Ryan Seacrest in an interview that they have already completed filming of the next season set to begin airing Feb. 12th & that the location is in the Brazillian Rainforest. Should be lot's of bugs & rain for them to deal with.

Re: The Next Season

I groaned when I heard that they were going back to Brazil, but it seems they're not shooting at the same location of the Amazon season.

I'm disappointed that they're going to a country that they have previously been in, but at least it's not in the same area. I hate it when they re-use the same exact location (like how they used the Pearl Islands in Panama 3 times! ).

The cast was filmed in Tocantins, the newest state in Brazil. I was reading about the area, and I found that it has similar characteristics of the Amazon area. The tribe camps were supposedly filmed near the Rio Novo, which is a river with drinkable water.

If you all remember, there was one episode this season that was dedicated to a crew member that died while filming in Brazil. IIRC, he went underwater to retrieve something, probably a piece of a reward or immunity challenge, but never came back up.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

I thought Amazon was one of the best season as far as the game goes, but one of the worst as far as location/esthetics/cinematography goes. They seemed to be just in the bush all the time. Ya, hopefully this "new" location is more esthetically pleasing.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

The river has drinkable water? Is there any left on the planet without at least giardia in it? Maybe they mean, not full of sewage? Trust they will still be boiling or at least filtering it.

They pulled off Africa twice, so going back to South America won't be so bad.

The past couple seasons have been really good. Let's hope this one can pull it off. I don't think it can though. Jeff hasn't been hyping this season up as much as previous ones even way before their debut.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSSS;3251675;
    They pulled off Africa twice, so going back to South America won't be so bad.

The past couple seasons have been really good. Let's hope this one can pull it off. I don't think it can though. Jeff hasn't been hyping this season up as much as previous ones even way before their debut.
    Now that Gabon is over we will start hearing promo hype for the next season, probably closer to the start in Feb. They would not steal any thunder from a season in progress.

this season was one of the best seasons to date. i totally enjoyed it and got me back in , not that i was ever out but a new enthusiasm for the game

I take that back. Probst's blog states that the next season has a lot of likeable people and is played very differently than the rest. However, Probst and I seem to disagree on who is "likeable"....

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSSS;3251922;
    I take that back. Probst's blog states that the next season has a lot of likeable people and is played very differently than the rest. However, Probst and I seem to disagree on who is "likeable"....
    I am with you on this one. I like him and think he is the best reality host but he sees this game from an entirely different perspective. It is impossible for him to know or guess who the viewers will like.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast