+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 11/27 Recap Show Discussion

Re: 11/27 Recap Show Discussion

I agree, would've liked to see more Marcus & Jacquie coupling up. They're cute.

This show makes Matty look good for the win. The rest were pretty exposed, except for Bob.

Quote Originally Posted by Mags225;3242952;
    That was the first time I had seen that particular scene about Jacquie and Marcus, but they showed some other scenes with them talking about hanging out alone. I think there was at least one too where Jacquie told Marcus that she thought Corrine liked him. Some of these may have been on the CBS website though.
    Exactly, the scene may have been new, but I remember the thing about Marcus and Jacquie. Charlie liked Marcus, but Marcus liked Jacquie. And I don't think I saw anything on the website, so I think it was in the show somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Sk8Leigh;3243009;
    Exactly, the scene may have been new, but I remember the thing about Marcus and Jacquie. Charlie liked Marcus, but Marcus liked Jacquie. And I don't think I saw anything on the website, so I think it was in the show somewhere.
    Jacquie was invisible on the show until the episode where she was voted out, and by that episode, she was on Fang, so there couldn't have been a scene with her and Marcus. Before the episode where she was eliminated, she had one or two confessionals and maybe a few reaction shots, but that's it.

I roamed through the extra videos on CBS.com, and there's one on Marcus and Jacquie.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Quote Originally Posted by CAdreamin;3242995;
    CrossingGuard, Jeff said on his blog that he writes everything he says, not the producers. Nice write-up!
    Oh, then a big to Jiffy then.

And thank you.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3243462;
    Oh, then a big to Jiffy then.

And thank you.
    That's the thing I like most about Jeff. I find it much more interesting, not to mention entertaining, having some sort of an idea of how the host actually feels about the participants of any given reality program. It occasionally adds a glimpse into areas that may have been obscured by editing.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3243907;
    That's the thing I like most about Jeff. I find it much more interesting, not to mention entertaining, having some sort of an idea of how the host actually feels about the participants of any given reality program. It occasionally adds a glimpse into areas that may have been obscured by editing.
    I also find it fun to read between the lines knowing what Jeff prefers in a castaway and how his opinions often differ from my own. He gives more away than he realizes, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3243907;
    His biased voiceovers are harmless but annoying. They won't affect the outcome of the game and like you said, we get a glimspe of his actual opinion. But I don't like hosts to be biased or when they play favorites.

And Jiffy actually plays a bigger role than most reality TV hosts do since he presides in every TC, and there have been times in the past where he has affected the course of the game.

It's like with reality shows that contain judges, like DwtS and ANTM. I guess it's just human nature for people to play favorites, but as the judges, they should put their favortism to the side and judge every contestant fairly. Jeff shouldn't let his favortism affect the way he acts in TC. He should let the contestants play by themselves and decide what's right for them on their own.

I like Jiffy Pop, but I'm not much of a fan of his when his bias is obvious.
    Last edited by CrossingGuard; 12-02-2008 at 08:17 PM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3244247;
    His biased voiceovers are harmless but annoying. They won't affect the outcome of the game and like you said, we get a glimspe of his actual opinion. But I don't like hosts to be biased or when they play favorites.

And Jiffy actually plays a bigger role than most reality TV hosts do since he presides in every TC, and there have been times in the past where he has affected the course of the game.

It's like with reality shows that contain judges, like DwtS and ANTM. I guess it's just human nature for people to play favorites, but as the judges, they should put their favortism to the side and judge every contestant fairly. Jeff shouldn't let his favortism affect the way he acts in TC. He should let the contestants play by themselves and decide what's right for them on their own.

I like Jiffy Pop, but I'm not much of a fan of his when his bias is obvious.
    Well said. He has stong opinions and it has influenced my thoughts on players.

The only time I'm bothered by Jeff's comments are when a team/contestant is doing well in a challenge and he announces how they are doing it ... you know, like "so-and-so is climbing over the obstacles instead of crawling under!" That just tells the others a better way of winning the challenge instead of them having to come up with it on their own.
    I never met a piece of chocolate I didn't like.

Quote Originally Posted by SR5Rfan;3244306;
    The only time I'm bothered by Jeff's comments are when a team/contestant is doing well in a challenge and he announces how they are doing it ... you know, like "so-and-so is climbing over the obstacles instead of crawling under!" That just tells the others a better way of winning the challenge instead of them having to come up with it on their own.
    Does anyone else remember the first challenge in Cook Islands? IIRC, the 4 tribes had to go build a ladder-like thing and climb it to the top. And the teams had to bring something to the top with them (I think it was a torch or something to do with fire). Well Raro was climbing their ladder but forgot the torch. But instead of letting the teams fend for themselves like he should have, Jeff interuptted and shouted, "Raro, you forgot your fire!!!" Ugh...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast