+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Survivor Gabon: Interview with Randy - "I like Crystal."

Re: Survivor Gabon: Interview with Randy - "I like Crystal."

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks;3241106;
    Some players are voted out early simply because some of them are so obnoxious, without much consideration whether they will help keep their tribes out of TC.
    And that makes them weak players in a very strategically important area of the game.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3241105;
    The only way the physically strong few win is if they are all or mostly all on the same team to start, and ally with each other, PLUS a few of the weaker members, and then win all the competitions forcing the weak players on the other team to evict each other. However, with the tribe shake ups they rarely get a long enough run to take out enough weaker players to be safe.
    BUT, I don't consider it "bad" that the physically strong don't always win. It's SMART of the weak to ally to take out the strong. It's good play for them, the weak. And the fact that the weak ally against the strong who would otherwise evict them is bad play for the strong, but that doesn't make it bad play per se. And SMART play is all about what Survivor is all about, not physically strong play by itself.
    People who feel that Survivor is degenerating because physically weak people win are ignoring the lessons from the very first Survivor---Hatch wasn't necessarily the physically strongest player there, but he was definitely the smartest socially. Physically strong people have lost to socially smart people from the start--e.g., Colby/Tina. It's relatively rare for a person whose main attribute is physical strength to win.
    What is so funny about so many of the physically fit players is that because they are young and tall and so manly is that they think that is all they need to win the game. To me, Tom Westman (sp??) and Yauman are the perfect combination of physical skill, brains, social awareness and strategy/game play.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Count HeidiK in that list. He won Thailand.

People forget, but he was actually very good in physical challenges.

He was a snake, but he hid it extremely well and manipulated to Hatch-like proportions.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by pawpaw;3240320;
    Not a blindside if you out number the intended target. Randy was going home 4-3 with or without all the fireworks. Doing that to a jury member is not superior gameplay--can Sugar/Kenny or Crystal win the game if Bob/Matty or Susie make the F3, I think not.

My original post says: "as they have blindsided the members of your winning team". Im not just talking about Randy in particular. Marcus and Charlie were blindsided my the (as you call them) "weak/stupid team". The so called weak/stupid team was apparently smart enough to get rid of the competition. And thats what it takes to play the game of Survivor. They may be weak in competition (or even lazy at the tribe), but theyre stronger mentally to be able to manipulate others to vote their way.

Remember to goal in Survivor is to outwit, outplay and outlast. Marcus, Charlie & Randy did not do that.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3240895;
    All I can say is that he was an arrogant ass on the show and he was an arrogant ass in the interview. The trouble with a smart person in a herd of stupid people is that the majority rules, if he truly was that smart he would know how stupid people think and be able to manipulate and control them, so what does that make him? A stupid smart person. Cause if he really was as smart as he thinks and says he is he would be in total control of the game and he never was.

Also for a supposedly smart person playing the game he certainly plays and reacts like a stupid person, basically on personal likes and dislikes. Yeah, do I really believe Sugar is worse than Randy? Nope, he is just pissed at her because she one upped him. A really smart person would appreciate the play for what it was instead of hating the player.

Uh, you are 49 yrs old and have 20/20. Liar, liar pants on fire.
    Yes, I agree totally. I am SO tired of all of these self-proclaimed "smart" players. How can you possibly be a smart player when you play the game as a bigoted, arrogant ass? Talking trash at the challenges and being the way he was? He had no chance of winning this game, even if he did get the "breaks". Someone from his alliance would have won, because everyone hated him and nobody would have voted for him in the end. PLEASE, somebody tell me how intelligent that is. Yeah, he knows Survivor SO well yet he still behaved the way he did. Get a clue, Jack.

It's so funny that he can point out how Sugar and Crystal doing what they did at Tribal as stupid and would cost them his vote, and yet his whole behavior up to that point was that way. Hello, pot? Just the kettle calling to say you're black!!

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3241104;
    When I put items in quotes like that it is to indicate the term is relative and not a statement. In this case Randy does consider himself better then those he considers stupid. So does Corrine judging by her reaction to Marcus being voted out and her poor defense of her verbage when Kenny questioned her about it. Part of the point I was trying to make was that many on the Onion Alliance really have a 'tude that they are "better" than the "stupid" people and they are arrogant to think that the so called "stupid" people are not picking up on their attitudes. Corrine's think's that Sugar is dumb for agreeing to go along with her voting choices after she (Corrine) has been mean to her for days and now is her friend because she has been nice to Sugar for one day. Sugar is just being what a lot of people are raised to be and that is polite. If everyone bared they teeth and voiced their true opinions of everyone every minute of the day nothing would get done and there would be nothing but contention in the workplace. It is obvious that Sugar does not like people stirring up trouble and contention and she gets rid of them. In a tribe of 16 people isolated from civilization for 39 to 40 days surviving means playing a social game and that means biting your tongue at what other people say, its either that or kill them.
    And that just shows how dumb Corrine is - yet Randy says that she is only one of the few (others in HIS alliance) that were actually playing the game. She's a real piece - just like when she was visibly upset when they voted out Marcus. She put a huge X on her back by acting like that and I was enthralled when Kenny said something to her and called her out about it. Go ahead, Randy, and tell me how "smart" that was. If Randy really did know Survivor, he should know that the arrogant ones always lose, and being arrogant is extremely poor gameplay. Blame it on the bad breaks all you want, you made your bed.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

wow, i couldn't stand the guy on the show, and this interview cements it for me. sugar was right, he's going to die a very bitter, lonely man.

I just had to reread part of the interview here. Randy states that he has 20/20 vision and implied that he only wore the glasses so he could make the fish hooks. However, if you go to the "You Ask, They Tell" video on the CBS website he is wearing glasses ...
    I never met a piece of chocolate I didn't like.

Okay, so there I was, raking leaves, contemplating the social implications of Survivor, when it jumped out at me

(Btw, no comments from the peanut gallery about how I should get a life .... )

Randy loved the alpha males - Ace and now Matty.

Randy doesn't hate Colleen, but he says she is basically a female version of himself, or some such.

Randy hated Gillian.
    Randy hates Crystal.
    Randy hates Susie.
    Randy hates Sugar.

Hmmmmmmmmmm.

Well it was, ironically, "crystal" clear from the very first one-on-one with him on the very first episode that he's severely misogynistic, as distinct from his general misanthropy.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast