+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jeff Probst's new Reality Show

Re: Jeff Probst's new Reality Show

I think it won't go past the pilot. It's such a touchy subject and what if one of them dies during a bungee jump or something risky that they want to do before they pass away!!!
    Yup, with donuts!!

What I like best about Jeff is his sarcasm and manipulation. He'll have to tone that back for this one. Won't be the same.

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3222152;
    I think it won't go past the pilot. It's such a touchy subject and what if one of them dies during a bungee jump or something risky that they want to do before they pass away!!!
    Never thought about that, that would be a huge risk to take and potentially Jeff's job/reputation on the line. If it's successful though I fear it will wake away from SURVIVOR, and then Jeff will want to focus more on this and less on SURVIVOR until...Survivor fizzles out.

I just think this is an utterly horrible form of entertainment.
    I don't care what kind of uplifting messages they try to crowbar into it, the show is just morbid.

Breast Cancer Awareness! Passepartout's Avatar

That sounds excellent and hope that it makes it!
    Love shows with happy endings.
    Even reality ones.
    Breast Cancer Awareness!

If Jeff wants to start his own Make-a-Wish-type foundation, good for him. But I think it's in poor taste to build a reality TV show around the idea.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Let's see... you're dying. You are most likely in a lot of pain and on the pain meds that lead to morphine to make your last days (hopefully) more peace full.

This is a horrible, wretched idea for an entertainment show. How many people except those with end stage cancer, or heart and lung ailments that require machines to keep them alive know or have their doctors tell them they only have a short while to live? It appears they are trying to follow the "List" movie, but that only worked with actors who were each in very good health.

Trash this piece of garbage before it hits the table.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3223323;
    Let's see... you're dying. You are most likely in a lot of pain and on the pain meds that lead to morphine to make your last days (hopefully) more peace full.
    Well, it's all in the casting. Finding people who are dying, but aren't suffering too much.
    People dying in a nice, family friendly, way.

Quote Originally Posted by emjoi;3223434;
    Well, it's all in the casting. Finding people who are dying, but aren't suffering too much.
    Am I a sicko because that statement cracked me up? I think it simply highlighted the absurdity of the entire premise.

I, for one, do not want to see someone who is dying in what should be the prime of their life walking on the wing of an airplane or climbing Mt Everest with an oxygen tank strapped to their back. It's morbid. Show people who have already beaten the odds and have lived through a potentially terminal illness deciding to live life to its fullest now that they're out of the woods and doing something extreme. That's a feel good moment, not waiting at the end of every episode to hear that such and such passed away a week after filming completed.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by emjoi;3223434;
    ROFLMAO!! Oh thank you for this.

Love shows with happy endings.
    Have a good time at Disney World and then die.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast