+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rules for Hidden Immunity Idol?

Rules for Hidden Immunity Idol?

Hello Everyone,

I just started to earnestly watch Survivor again.I am confused about the rules for the hidden Idol from Exile Island. It is known that Sugar has one. Is there more than one? If it is used by someone does it go back to Exile Island? Does it get hidden in a different spot?

I know it needs to be presented after voting, but before Jeff counts the votes. But at that point, the person who has it, would not know if they were going to be voted out, right? So if Sugar had used it last week, it just seemed like she would have wasted it . Is that a correct assumption?

On the other hand, if she had used the idol and she had been voted out, what would have happen? How do they figure out who goes home then?

I'm so confused
    Autism is a neurological disorder that impairs socialization and communication.Experts estimate that three to six children out of every 1,000 will have Autism spectrum disorder. Males are four times more likely to have ASD than females.* As of 2013, 1 in every 50 children is now affected by autism

Re: Rules for Hidden Immunity Idol?

Quote Originally Posted by becca;3220245;
    Hello Everyone,

I just started to earnestly watch Survivor again.I am confused about the rules for the hidden Idol from Exile Island. It is known that Sugar has one. Is there more than one? If it is used by someone does it go back to Exile Island? Does it get hidden in a different spot?

I know it needs to be presented after voting, but before Jeff counts the votes. But at that point, the person who has it, would not know if they were going to be voted out, right? So if Sugar had used it last week, it just seemed like she would have wasted it . Is that a correct assumption?

On the other hand, if she had used the idol and she had been voted out, what would have happen? How do they figure out who goes home then?

I'm so confused

1] I don't there has been more than 1 in play at the same time.

2] If used it is returned to exile with new clues.

3] Yes, if used and not needed it is useless and lost.

4] If she used it and had the most votes the votes do not count and who ever has the second highest is removed.
    I Think The American Public Will See I'm Ethical And Honest

Richard Hatch Season 1

becca, to some extent Jeff makes up the rules as he goes along. So, we may have an idea based on previous seasons, but I don't think they are set in stone. For instance, since Sugar had an option during her second visit to take comfort or a clue to the HII, there may well have been another one hidden. This also presupposes they replaced all the intermediary clues that she removed.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Or there might have been another one hidden in another place.
    But given that she was going to be there for several days she probably made the right choice to build up her strength rather than see if there were a 2nd idol she could collect--not too likely.

I haven't rewatched last week's episode, but I think it was made clear that no new idol will be available until Sugar uses the one she has or her torch is snuffed. The choice was still there because someone other than Sugar could have been sent. I'm sure the same clues would have been available. They just wouldn't have been able to find an idol.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

Well....Dang.....No wonder I couldn't find out where the "rules" were listed. So it changes from season to season and from week to week.....and is subjected to Jeff's whims.....GREAT....
    Autism is a neurological disorder that impairs socialization and communication.Experts estimate that three to six children out of every 1,000 will have Autism spectrum disorder. Males are four times more likely to have ASD than females.* As of 2013, 1 in every 50 children is now affected by autism

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks;3220306;
    becca, to some extent Jeff makes up the rules as he goes along. So, we may have an idea based on previous seasons, but I don't think they are set in stone. For instance, since Sugar had an option during her second visit to take comfort or a clue to the HII, there may well have been another one hidden. This also presupposes they replaced all the intermediary clues that she removed.
    I do not believe Jeff makes up rules as he goes along, not for a second. The show is all mapped out before it begins. If any changes are warranted mid taping, a production staff would meet and figure out a new course of action. This would involve Burnett certainly.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Also, since it is a kind of "game show" I think they CAN"T make midseason changes on anything that would benefit one cast member over another...illegal "fixing". I'm sure they wouldn't want anything to tarnish Survivor's rep, so I doubt Jeff wings it all that much.

An example of where I think a change could occur is in the order of the challenges. The might not have a particular survivor in mind, but if the teams became really lop-sided, it might work out better to switch the challenges. It's something I'd like to see Jeff answer sometime. He does plenty to manipulate the game by his leading questions at TC.

At any rate, no reason to believe that rules from one season carry over to the next. So *we* can't necessarily know what to expect. Jeff could have all sorts of previously developed algorithms for where the game could go that wouldn't have any particular survivor in mind at the time those decisions were made.

As I recall, I believe the fix was in to try to benefit contestants like Rupert who was very popular with the crew. Didn't he win the $1million that the fans voted on? Unprecedented, and unlikely to go to anyone else.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks;3220974;
    An example of where I think a change could occur is in the order of the challenges. The might not have a particular survivor in mind, but if the teams became really lop-sided, it might work out better to switch the challenges. It's something I'd like to see Jeff answer sometime. He does plenty to manipulate the game by his leading questions at TC.

At any rate, no reason to believe that rules from one season carry over to the next. So *we* can't necessarily know what to expect. Jeff could have all sorts of previously developed algorithms for where the game could go that wouldn't have any particular survivor in mind at the time those decisions were made.

As I recall, I believe the fix was in to try to benefit contestants like Rupert who was very popular with the crew. Didn't he win the $1million that the fans voted on? Unprecedented, and unlikely to go to anyone else.
    I think they'd have to spell out the options ahead of time...e.g., if teams get down to 9 on one side and 3 on the other then we go to X option. Re Rupert...but that was a separate "outside the game" thing, didn't influence the outcome of the game or the assignment of the game prize.
    And I have to admit I'm glad they did it, I liked him, too! However I do think that prize is very subject to manipulation through the editing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast