+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Episode 10 CBS release

Episode 10 CBS release

The press release from CBS, regarding the upcoming episode:

CERTAIN CASTAWAYS RECEIVE NEWS FROM HOME ON
    "SURVIVOR: THE AMAZON," THURSDAY, APRIL 24

"Q&A" Certain castaways receive news from home on SURVIVOR: THE AMAZON, Thursday, April 24 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

In a twist to the auction reward, the castaways not only bid on items of food but also on letters from home. When the time comes to bid on these letters, emotions run high as a fierce bidding war breaks out, leading some to exuberance and others to tears. Particularly good news from home makes one castaway giddy with excitement and ultimately gives them a huge morale boost. Back at camp, a comfortable few who feel secure in their alliance take it easy while the others toil in desperate attempt to stay in the tribe. In a last ditch attempt to save themselves, one castaway promises to vote against a trusted ally which then sends the targeted friend into a tailspin.

And the tenth person is voted out of the tribe.

crap...
    the last ditch effort to save themselves sounds like one of the "three" decides to vote against one of the other...

In a way this doesn't make sense. None of the three seem to be "trusted Allies"

I also can only see a couple being "thrown in to a tail spin"... Heidi, Jenna or Rob. The others don't strike me as "tail spin" types... of course we have no idea what Burnett/CBS means by tail spin.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

I was looking at the "On the next Survivor." stuff on cbs.com it said:

A Survivor promises to vote against a trusted ally, sending the wounded friend into a flutter.
    So Im not sure what that means and Im sure at anytime MB could send the castaways into a tailspin. So maybe that could mean one of the "Cool kids" jumps over to the other side. we'll just have to wait and see.
    The things you regret most in life are the risks you didn't take. -Matthew Von Ertfelda

FORT Fan

Ooooops!

Sounds like my original thoughts on what happens in Episode X (and how it ties in to the "CBS Employees Final 2" spoiler) was way off!

See the last message in this thread for details:

How do we get there from here? The Final 2 *spoilers*

This is very confusing. First of all, if someone was going to turn on a "trusted ally", they would do it at TC right? At this point in the game, such a turn would result in elimination, so how does someone end up in a tail spin?

The only two true trusted allies in this game are Jenna and Heidi. Unless they are referring to the implied trust between Matt and Rob, but I think that is an act by both of them.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

FORT Fan
    Originally posted by Bill_in_PDX
    This is very confusing. First of all, if someone was going to turn on a "trusted ally", they would do it at TC right? At this point in the game, such a turn would result in elimination, so how does someone end up in a tail spin?

The only two true trusted allies in this game are Jenna and Heidi. Unless they are referring to the implied trust between Matt and Rob, but I think that is an act by both of them.
    Agreed. It's not like they would risk approaching them prior to TC and say "Oh, by the way, I'm voting for you this evening!" Far too risky. Right now I also see the tightest alliance existing between Heidi and Jenna, which leads me to believe that one of these two must turn on the other. The tighter the alliance, the more likely one member to go into a tailspin (or "flutter" as stated on the CBS Survivor site) would be. And, for whatever reason, the only people out there right now that I can see going in to a "flutter" are Jenna or Heidi.

Or, maybe (hopefully) Rob!

am I still a FORT newbie? ophelia's Avatar
    my guess is that it's Matt, who tells Rob that he's going to vote against him.
    Rob would go into a flutter over a lot of things, and it would be just like Matt to tell what he's doing before TC...he's considered Rob his 'trusted ally'...it all fits.
    I can't help it if I'm lucky--Bob Dylan

FORT Fogey
    My thought about the trusted ally was actually Alex and Jenna. She seems to think they're pretty tight, or at least, she seems to like him. Maybe he votes against her or says he will? I really don't quite know what will happen, but this is my view.

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar
    Maybe Rob switches sides again and goes against the lazy alliance sending Heidi into a tailspin. She's the only wounded ally at this point.
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

"Particularly good news from home makes one castaway giddy with excitement and ultimately gives them a huge morale boost."

Jenna gets news that her mother's breast cancer has gone into remission?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast