+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Randy Bailey: Survivor Gabon

Re: Randy Bailey: Survivor Gabon

The Ace/Dan interview confirmed that Randy didn't get any letters. At least if Dan observed correctly.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Right, was just coming here to correct my earlier comment, so I don't know what whoever it was saw...personally I wasn't looking at Randy so can't really comment.

Dan was definite that he didn't get any letters. It would have been pretty obvious as they would have had to hand the bundles around. The thing that I thought was really interesting is that Dan named Randy as one of the three people he'd like to see win Survivor. He also tried to explain the difference in how he feels about Randy and Corrine. I have to say that after talking to Dan, I look forward to seeing what happens with Randy next.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner;3227462;
    Dan was definite that he didn't get any letters. It would have been pretty obvious as they would have had to hand the bundles around. The thing that I thought was really interesting is that Dan named Randy as one of the three people he'd like to see win Survivor. He also tried to explain the difference in how he feels about Randy and Corrine. I have to say that after talking to Dan, I look forward to seeing what happens with Randy next.
    I find that interesting, too. Randy is a real loner. We don't meet many but hear some claim to be. He is genuine in the description of himself. I don't think what we will see is strategy acting.

Who is John Galt?

Can't stand this guy. A real jerk.

He may be a jerk, but I'd far rather see a jerk, who's actually got some 'game' win this show than yet another coattailer or hapless, lucky idiot.

And really, if we despise most of these contestants from a distance I can't really come down too hard on someone who despises them from close-up. Especially since, so far at least, he's been one of the rare players who, for the most part, have kept their snark restricted to the interviews. Only one or two people seem to have seen through him, to his inner bastard, and those aren't exactly nice people either. I mean who's Crystal to call Randy on being an ass? She's arguably an even bigger one.

As for the lack of mail, yeah I could see that. Either he has no one, or he told people not to send him anything. Either way, it doesn't change his game playing.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Didn't we see shots of him nekkid in last week's previews? I didn't see him nekkid this week. Not that it bums me out, you know....just saying!

I didn't see naked Randy either. I just thought my eyes were trying to protect me and I went blind for a few moments. I guess it never happened then.

I felt for him for a moment when I heard he really didn't get any maail, but then again some people actually like not having ties, he seems to be one of those people. Good on him if he wins the million. Noone should come knocking at his door.

So far, he has not been the worst person on that island, and that's saying a lot since I thought after reading that glowing bio nothing could compare to him.

I think the editors put in the naked clips in the preview to try and reel viewers in. When the actual episode came along, they probably saw it as being irrelevant to the whole episode, so they took it out.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3230552;
    He may be a jerk, but I'd far rather see a jerk, who's actually got some 'game' win this show than yet another coattailer or hapless, lucky idiot.

And really, if we despise most of these contestants from a distance I can't really come down too hard on someone who despises them from close-up. Especially since, so far at least, he's been one of the rare players who, for the most part, have kept their snark restricted to the interviews. Only one or two people seem to have seen through him, to his inner bastard, and those aren't exactly nice people either. I mean who's Crystal to call Randy on being an ass? She's arguably an even bigger one.

As for the lack of mail, yeah I could see that. Either he has no one, or he told people not to send him anything. Either way, it doesn't change his game playing.
    "Inner bastard"

Totally agree about Crystal - she is the big disappointment this season - not only sucks at challenges, she isn't winning anybody over with sparkling personality either. Randy is playing very smart, he has definitely paid attention to past seasons. Under the radar enough not to paint an obvious target on himself, skill at challenges (throwing Ace off several weeks ago with the dodgeball thing was very cunning) plays well with others - in front of them, anyway. I like Randy - seems like what you see is what you get.
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast