+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 50

Thread: Michelle Chase: Survivor Gabon

  1. #31
    PWS
    PWS is offline
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    15,707

    Re: Michelle Chase: Survivor Gabon

    I don't think her being there would have helped at that challenge...how many people can push a ball at once anyway?
    AND I think she must have been complaining in a very obvious way AND making it obvious she didn't like people by snubbing them, as even Ken, the videogame player, was trying to give her helpful hints about being more social. He's apparently not the smoothest guy himself and even he could see that she was majorly alienating people.

  2. #32
    FORT Fogey ASassyKat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,291

    Re: Michelle Chase: Survivor Gabon

    I had to laugh at the nick name I saw on TWoP, they called her "B*tchy McWhineypants". Seems like an apt description.

    I agree with the poster upthread who said she probably b*tched and whined on the trek to meet Jeff, and she had quite a "Debbie Downer" attitude. Being around folks like her who are incredibly negative is emotionally draining. I figure her being picked last was due to her abrasive personality, otherwise she looked like a fit young woman.

  3. #33
    FoRT Lurker CrossingGuard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bay Area / Boston
    Age
    21
    Posts
    5,836

    Re: Michelle Chase: Survivor Gabon

    Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3207368;
    I don't think her being there would have helped at that challenge...how many people can push a ball at once anyway?
    AND I think she must have been complaining in a very obvious way AND making it obvious she didn't like people by snubbing them, as even Ken, the videogame player, was trying to give her helpful hints about being more social. He's apparently not the smoothest guy himself and even he could see that she was majorly alienating people.
    Well for the first TC, it was between her Michelle and Gillian. Gillian got in the way of everyone else during the boulder challenge, so I think Michelle would have been more of an asset in that challenge than Gillian was.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

  4. #34
    FORT Fogey Tribal Speak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    880

    Re: Michelle Chase: Survivor Gabon

    Quote Originally Posted by ASassyKat;3207639;
    ....
    I agree with the poster upthread who said she probably b*tched and whined on the trek to meet Jeff, and she had quite a "Debbie Downer" attitude. ....
    Aren't they supposed to not talk during the lead up to the "start" with Jeffy Pop?

  5. #35
    Miz Smarty Britches queenb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    running for the border
    Age
    54
    Posts
    6,776

    Re: Michelle Chase: Survivor Gabon

    Quote Originally Posted by MisterSSS;3206219;
    She may have a whiny personality, but she was a stand out character. l.
    Out standing on a rock, alone and just-a-bitchin', that is
    I wouldn't have minded her staying a few weeks just for me to hate, anyway.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

  6. #36
    PWS
    PWS is offline
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    15,707

    Re: Michelle Chase: Survivor Gabon

    Quote Originally Posted by Tribal Speak;3208084;
    Aren't they supposed to not talk during the lead up to the "start" with Jeffy Pop?
    To each other...but I'm guessing they can talk to the staff people..so she could have gone into a "how much longer" rant/whine for example, or be complaining that her feet hurt or that she was cold or that she tripped or that she needed a bathroom or that she was thirsty the whole way for everyone one to hear.
    Hopefully that will be a question someone asks in Gillian's interview!

  7. #37
    FORT Fogey ASassyKat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,291

    Re: Michelle Chase: Survivor Gabon

    Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3209674;
    To each other...but I'm guessing they can talk to the staff people..so she could have gone into a "how much longer" rant/whine for example, or be complaining that her feet hurt or that she was cold or that she tripped or that she needed a bathroom or that she was thirsty the whole way for everyone one to hear.
    Hopefully that will be a question someone asks in Gillian's interview!
    I think this might be fairly close to what happened. There has to be some reason why a young fit woman was left for last in choosing the teams. Otherwise, it doesn't make a lick of sense.

  8. #38
    PWS
    PWS is offline
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    15,707

    Re: Michelle Chase: Survivor Gabon

    Quote Originally Posted by ASassyKat;3209698;
    I think this might be fairly close to what happened. There has to be some reason why a young fit woman was left for last in choosing the teams. Otherwise, it doesn't make a lick of sense.
    Not that some of the other choices made a lick of sense! It could also be though, that she looked very skinny and not fit (plus whining), and that they would all have been surprised to see that she was the first woman up the hill. However, we were never shown anyone else even noticing that...her tribe, other than the guy who beat her, were mostly focused on getting the laggards up the hill, not on who had already made it.

  9. #39
    everyone's a critic... holly71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    The Lone Star State
    Age
    43
    Posts
    4,518

    Re: Michelle Chase: Survivor Gabon

    When she first started complaining, I didn't like her. But as I got to see more of the idiot tribe she was on, I could understand her complaints about them, especially after they decided to take a break during the challenge! I've never in my life seen a tribe just mail it in in the middle of a challenge. That was beyond pathetic.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

  10. #40
    FoRT Lurker CrossingGuard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bay Area / Boston
    Age
    21
    Posts
    5,836

    Re: Michelle Chase: Survivor Gabon

    Quote Originally Posted by holly71;3211389;
    When she first started complaining, I didn't like her. But as I got to see more of the idiot tribe she was on, I could understand her complaints about them, especially after they decided to take a break during the challenge! I've never in my life seen a tribe just mail it in in the middle of a challenge. That was beyond pathetic.
    As I said in her interview's thread, I liked her and was disappointed when she was voted off first. And she was spot on during her first (and last) TC about the whole "taking a break" thing. We're human, so of course we're going to tire out. But during a challenge in a game like Survivor, you have to go all out. Just take a break after the challenge is over.

    It annoyed me immensely to see GC give up during the pole challenge in the last episode.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.