+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Michelle Chase: Survivor Gabon

Re: Michelle Chase: Survivor Gabon

I read a post show interview with her and boy was she ever crabby. Not nice at all and gave snarky one line answers. She just has a poor attitude.

It's OK to think your tribe is a bunch of idiots, but you still have to work with them. I bet she got a lot of "Doesn't play well with others" on her report cards when she was a kid.

Randy obviously thinks his tribe is a bunch of idiots, but he is diplomatic enough to only say it during his confessionals.

Was she on the CBS morning show since she was booted? That might have been interesting.

I don't think she should have been all that upset with being picked last. The way they were deciding who to pick had me totally baffled. "I'll pick her because we're both moms", "we need another blond on our team." And sometimes being picked last is just that. Being last. It's not like they had known her for years and didn't pick her because she was a whiny little b*tch.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3206557;
    I don't think she should have been all that upset with being picked last. The way they were deciding who to pick had me totally baffled. "I'll pick her because we're both moms", "we need another blond on our team." And sometimes being picked last is just that. Being last. It's not like they had known her for years and didn't pick her because she was a whiny little b*tch.
    Great point, Lil Bit. Of course it's a little upseting to be the last picked out of 18 people. But the reasons for everyone's choices were a bit... out there. Michelle looks like a young, fit girl, and if most people were picking people for their physicality, then she would have been picked among the first ones.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSSS;3206219;
    I would have preferred for her to stick around. She may have a whiny personality, but she was a stand out character. And I am curious to see where the Ken/Michelle thing would have led. A little underdog alliance, that would have been cool.
    I would have liked to have seen Michelle last longer, too. She reminded me so much of Courtney. I mean, I didn't really like Courtney while I was watching that season. But looking back on it, Courtney was the comic relief of China, and if Michelle lasted longer, she could have entertained us as Courtney did.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3206567;
    Great point, Lil Bit. Of course it's a little upseting to be the last picked out of 18 people. But the reasons for everyone's choices were a bit... out there. Michelle looks like a young, fit girl, and if most people were picking people for their physicality, then she would have been picked among the first ones.

I would have liked to have seen Michelle last longer, too. She reminded me so much of Courtney. I mean, I didn't really like Courtney while I was watching that season. But looking back on it, Courtney was the comic relief of China, and if Michelle lasted longer, she could have entertained us as Courtney did.
    Oh I loved Courtney , and to have a physically strong whiny b**** would have been a fresh site to see. Maybe I need to re-watch the episode, but I didn't even find her whining to be that bad. If I can remember, she said her tribe can kiss her ass for picking her last. Understandable, considering she was one of the strongest ones, and she made the comment about the other tribe having strong pretty people as opposed to the dorky tribe she's on, which I found hilarious. And I thought she made a good point at tribal council about not quitting a race until you've finished. She was emphasizing that she's a strong player who wouldn't be like the ones who took a break during the challenge, thus, she'd be anasset. If I were in her shoes I may be pissed at my tribe too for voting out one of the few strong people on day 3. It was clear the other team had a much more solid and strong tribe.

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

It was a rediculous decision and very well could have cost them the next challenge. They didn't think about what could get the whole tribe further they just thought about who they could handle being around....which won't matter if they aren't there themselves. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by brunette trixie;3206509;
    It's OK to think your tribe is a bunch of idiots, but you still have to work with them. I bet she got a lot of "Doesn't play well with others" on her report cards when she was a kid.

Randy obviously thinks his tribe is a bunch of idiots, but he is diplomatic enough to only say it during his confessionals.
    Well no, it's never okay to be stuck with a bunch of idiots in a game like Survivor IMO.

But I agree with you that you still have to work with them. I mean, it's natural for people to complain about things we don't like. Everyone does it. But in a game like this, contestants look at every small thing. If you're miserable, they'll vote you off. If you don't mesh well with the group, you'll get voted off. And that was exactly Michelle's downfall. And even though it's human for her to complain about thing, she could have at least tried to keep her complaints hidden like Randy did.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSSS;3206584;
    Oh I loved Courtney , and to have a physically strong whiny b**** would have been a fresh site to see. Maybe I need to re-watch the episode, but I didn't even find her whining to be that bad. If I can remember, she said her tribe can kiss her ass for picking her last. Understandable, considering she was one of the strongest ones, and she made the comment about the other tribe having strong pretty people as opposed to the dorky tribe she's on, which I found hilarious. And I thought she made a good point at tribal council about not quitting a race until you've finished. She was emphasizing that she's a strong player who wouldn't be like the ones who took a break during the challenge, thus, she'd be anasset. If I were in her shoes I may be pissed at my tribe too for voting out one of the few strong people on day 3. It was clear the other team had a much more solid and strong tribe.
    She complained about being cold. She wrapped herself in Dan's tuxedo jacket and said, "It's so damn cold! We're on the equator, I thought it would be hotter than this!"

I think the "pretty" people offended some people. Like you pointed out, she said she hated being stuck on a tribe with a bunch of morons and dorks and wanted to go on the other tribe with the pretty and athletic people. Wanting to be on a tribe with athletic people is understandable, but wanting to be on a tribe with pretty people is not, unless she wanted to be shallow and start a showmance with a good-looking person.

But yeah, I also agreed with her comment at TC. She was spot-on IMO. If you're in a race, then it's best to not stop for any problem. A little break or two is fine since everyone gets tired, but the way I saw it, a lot of the members of Fang rested for a long time while digging up the puzzle pieces. You just gotta keep going until you make it to the end.
    Last edited by CrossingGuard; 09-28-2008 at 01:10 AM.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Of course we got to see her for a only few minutes.
    If you had to live with her for several days, her attitude would be far more obvious to you.
    I'm sure there was alot more said, alot more attitude displayed, than we saw.

Enough to turn everyone else off her, and want her gone more than Gillian.
    She deserved her boot.

i am actually kind of sad she is gone. I liked her honest personality, and she was right in what she was saying at tribal. I wish she would have lasted one more episode instead of gillian. I don't know why people tend to get rid of strong players. Michelle did not stop trying during the challenges. She also was super athletic in the running up the hill. I would have kept her. Look what happened, they lost the next challange. Anyways, hopefully the rest of my favourites last a little longer.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast