+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Ken Hoang: Survivor Gabon

FORT Fogey

Re: Ken Hoang: Survivor Gabon

They are gutted. When you are confident and you get voted off you are gutted. The fact that they got voted off early helps Kenny, before they now get about two weeks to think about it all over again, and they will realize the fact is Kenny outplayed them. Charlie and his man both made the same mistake for being too confident in the situation, and too confident in Susie and Sugar. I don't know why they believed the girls would help but from TV, obviously they would vote against Kota Six/Four. Kenny didn't betray them or tell any lies. The only two people should be angry with him are Sugar and Ace, and Ace is not one of the jury. Sugar may turn to other side to fight against Kenny at some point, but as long as he can make into final three/two I think he can win against Susie/Crystal, who in the eye of jury are only puppets.

I agree that he could very well win this, depending on who he takes to F3 (read Crystal and Susie) with him. That's assuming, of course, he wins the final II. If he's up against Crystal and Susie, Ken wins based on far better gameplay, whether the jury likes him or not. But really, with 7 still left, it's too early to call. A lot can still happen.

I was rooting so much for Ken until Charlie said in one of his interviews that Ken was calling him an unsavory derogatory term during the game. The conflict between being an Asian person and standing up against ignorance has come to a head for me, and I can't be more disappointed that I can't root this guy on anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePinkOtterPop;3237082;
    I was rooting so much for Ken until Charlie said in one of his interviews that Ken was calling him an unsavory derogatory term during the game. The conflict between being an Asian person and standing up against ignorance has come to a head for me, and I can't be more disappointed that I can't root this guy on anymore.
    Charlie said he heard RUMORS of Ken calling him those names in the beginning of the interview and said he never confirmed if it were true or not, but then by the end of the interview he was talking as if Ken did indeed call him those names. In my opinion, the most likely thing that happened was weasels like Randy probably were feeding Charlie these things, and Charlie is trying to be overly dramatic about it. Just my take. I doubt it's true.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSSS;3237085;
    In my opinion, the most likely thing that happened was weasels like Randy probably were feeding Charlie these things, and Charlie is trying to be overly dramatic about it. Just my take. I doubt it's true.
    He said DAN/SUSIE and Randy told him--I agree Randy would do stuff to stir the pot but Dan & Susie too?
    I Think The American Public Will See I'm Ethical And Honest

Richard Hatch Season 1

FORT Fogey

I believe it happened. Dan and Susie would not concoct this lie and I don't think Randy would either. I can no longer root of Ken. Shame on him. Certainly he has been on the receiving end of bigotry himself.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3237488;
    I believe it happened. Dan and Susie would not concoct this lie and I don't think Randy would either. I can no longer root of Ken. Shame on him. Certainly he has been on the receiving end of bigotry himself.
    But weeks ago we would have been saying "Ken would never call Charlie a ---, etc etc etc." We would have never guessed. Same thing goes for Dan/Susie and any other castmember. For all we know Dan could have used a deragatory term in reference to Susie too, we just would never guess because no one has brought it up (yet).

Not trying to defend Kenny but I seriously think Charlie is just a little bitter about Ken booting him and is willing to turn a rumor into truth. Guess we'll find out with Ken's interview.

All it takes is one person to tell two others who really trust him, and a rumor is born. I would need to hear it or have it truly confirmed, because if that is a lie it's one of the ugliest things you can do to a person. To label them as ignorant, hateful and intolerant is unforgiveable. If he said it, it's sickening. Someone owes someone else an apology, either for spewing a slur or for spreading a mean spirited rumor. I hope we find out which one it is on finale night.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

Interesting in the 6-7 Randy interviews no one asked him if he told Charlie--means to me that CBS refused to let that question to be asked. If Ken didn't say it wouldn't they let Randy clear him? And if they ( CBS ) is avoiding it, what does that say?
    I Think The American Public Will See I'm Ethical And Honest

Richard Hatch Season 1

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by pawpaw;3240914;
    Interesting in the 6-7 Randy interviews no one asked him if he told Charlie--means to me that CBS refused to let that question to be asked. If Ken didn't say it wouldn't they let Randy clear him? And if they ( CBS ) is avoiding it, what does that say?
    Good point. If it was rumor then logic says CBS would want that cleared. They seem to be protecting Ken. Are they protecting their winner?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast