+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dan Kay: Survivor Gabon

Fanny Pak my world ky.the.artist's Avatar

Re: Dan Kay: Survivor Gabon

AH!This might just be me but Dan looks like a muscular,brown haired Michael Cera..the guy from Superbad..and Juno.Like their faces are really similar and even their voices are similar..i just thought that last night when i was watching.It might jsut be me but i really do think they look alike..well..the face haha.
    Canada's Next Top Model cycle 3: Meaghan

Big Brother 11 : Jeff . Michele . Laura . Casey

Quote Originally Posted by ky.the.artist;3206052;
    AH!This might just be me but Dan looks like a muscular,brown haired Michael Cera..the guy from Superbad..and Juno.Like their faces are really similar and even their voices are similar..i just thought that last night when i was watching.It might jsut be me but i really do think they look alike..well..the face haha.
    I think you hit the nail on the head. Dan is Michael Cera if Michael Cera went on a nothing-but-protein-and-weight-training regimen for a year.

Does anyone else like this guy? Cause I actually do. I didn't expect myself to, but after watching the first/second episodes, he's one of the people I like. During the second TC, I found him kind of... endearing. Like how he dumped his bag in front of everyone and said, "So please don't try to flush it out.... PLEEEEASE!"
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

He's a bit too dim to actually be likable. He's not unlikable, he's just sort of... there.

Obviously he got good enough grades to attend Syracuse Law School and pass the bar in Massachusetts, but the "mactor" speculation about him before actually makes more sense now. He's NOT that, but he's one of those people who probably can stuff enough facts into his head to pass a test, but isn't actually all that clever despite that.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3206745;
    He's a bit too dim to actually be likable. He's not unlikable, he's just sort of... there.

Obviously he got good enough grades to attend Syracuse Law School and pass the bar in Massachusetts, but the "mactor" speculation about him before actually makes more sense now. He's NOT that, but he's one of those people who probably can stuff enough facts into his head to pass a test, but isn't actually all that clever despite that.
    Krom, where do you get the impression that he's dim?

And the mactor debate was brought up by accident in this thread. MK202 thought he was in Matty's thread.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3206771;
    Krom, where do you get the impression that he's dim? ....
    I don't know about Krom, but I got the impression that he's dim from his useless HII search. The clue clearly said ACROSS the lake, so what does he do?....immediately begins looking IN the lake. Dim. Then, when he finally is ACROSS the lake, he doesn't climb the hill, (where the crater is, BTW), to get a better view of his surroundings. Instead, he begins digging away at a little dirt patch, which I guess he thought was the crater. Dim. BTW, climb the hill, happen upon the crater. Find HII. I said it in the episode thread, and I repeat here. This HII has got to be the easiest to find since they've had an HII and Dan blew it. Maybe he'll get sent again and then "clue" in.

Quote Originally Posted by Tribal Speak;3206824;
    This HII has got to be the easiest to find since they've had an HII and Dan blew it. Maybe he'll get sent again and then "clue" in.
    Just to clarify, the HII is probably not in the crater. There is probably another clue in there. Last season, each clue led to another clue. There were at least 4 or 5 clues prior to the one that led to the idol.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by oneTVslave;3206855;
    Just to clarify, the HII is probably not in the crater. There is probably another clue in there. Last season, each clue led to another clue. There were at least 4 or 5 clues prior to the one that led to the idol.
    Just to clarify...I'm fully aware of how they've set it up in the past. In Micronesia, each of the first three clues either implied more info was required (the first clue) or they specifically said another clue is next (clues 2 & 3), finally leading to the fourth. To quote the Gabon clue "Across the Lake you see so well, There lies a sandy crater, The object hidden in its floor, Will surely help you later." This, to me, suggests there are no other clues and the HII is in the crater. Thus, my belief that it should be easy to find. Perhaps they want to make it easy to provide ample opportunity for fake HII(s) to be planted. That aspect of the game seems to be a hit with the producers.

ETA: Regardless, whether the HII is in the crater or not doesn't change the fact that Dan never found the crater. Dan is dim.

Cheers.
    Last edited by Tribal Speak; 09-28-2008 at 12:34 PM.

FORT Newbie

he is so cute

He IS cute.He's good-looking,having that innocent nice smile,and also soft-spoken and positive personality.I think he is the one having the whole package.
    Some people start to thinking he's studpid because he didn't find the HII,and sugar did.But I think Dan's just overthinking the clue,smart people sometimes think too much,so it's not really a big deal if a videogamer can beat a physics teacher on math puzzle.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast