+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Crystal Cox: Survivor Gabon

Re: Crystal Cox: Survivor Gabon

I've tried to see both sides of the issue, and I still agree with those who say that so much is expected of her for being an olympic athlete, but she irritated me to no end last night at TC. You knocked over the rice, accidents happen, but be a little humbled by it. She got her attitude going when she should have simply said "I felt horrible about that, like I let my team down." Then she went on about saving her some rice? I would have been out in that ocean trying to catch a fish with my bare hands if I'd knocked over the rice. Get a grip woman! Become a part of the solution and not a part of the problem.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

What I think I'm seeing is the result of tribal interactions when the group has chosen not to work as a team. They are hungry and demoralized....and I think it's due to their own choosing, mostly. And nobody seems to want to stand up and demand that they pull together as a group. I don't really feel sorry for Fang because I think they've put themselves in this situation. And I'm surprised that Crystal didn't put her sizeable foot down long ago and demand a whole different program since she HAS been a part of a group that has had to work together, as a team, to find gold success. It just doesn't make sense. It's like they're all standing off in their respective corners with their arms folded, pouting. I just don't get it.

Luckily, this won't last much longer.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

When I first saw Crystal, I immediately recognized her from the Olympics and thought her size alone would pose a strong intimidating factor to others. I think she's probably trying to downplay that a lot so that she does not get voted off. However, she does shoot herself in the foot a lot, it seems. The entire rice incident was pretty immature, I think. Hopefully, she will start playing a better game, as she is very entertaining and I can't help but root for her.

JR.

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3225551;
    The expectations for Crystal were just too high. Right when you say that you're an Olympic athlete, people are immediately going to think that you're strong, athletic, and capable of doing well in any physical task. It's understandable.
    She put a lot of that on herself with all of her talk about being an Olympian, and how good she was going to be. She has failed to back any of that up, even though she continues to run her mouth. She's called people out when she's been just as bad, and doesn't realize that she's an equal part of Fang's problems. All talk and no action.

The one challenge she totally succeeded in was the first reward challenge, the one with the poles. She practically brought her whole team to victory.
    She was up against 30 pound Paloma, and had help with 75 pound Ace. I'm not impressed, I think my mom could've been just as successful

JR., I wouldn't say that she has failed to back any of it up. She has performed poorly in challenges, but she hasn't performed poorly in all challenges.

And while she might have been talking too highly of herself in the beginning by saying she was an Olympian (I personally didn't see this as bragging, but everyone's entitled to their opinion), she has acknowledged the fact that she hasn't been doing that well in some challenges when she was chatting with Marcus during the latest episode, so I don't think she's full of herself.

Crystal isn't that strong in some challenges. And I, as a person who is rooting for her, know that. I've said in the past that she has been average in the challenges because she's done well in some challenges but horrible in others, so the way I saw it, those cancelled each other out and led her to being average in challenges. But gosh, she was terrible in the balancing challenge. She lasted only one second!

But I will say that even though she receives a lot of criticism for her physicality, her weakness works out to her benefit. Marcus wanted to replace Susie with Crystal in the Kota 6 for various reasons, one of them being that she has done poorly in some challenges, especially the last challenge.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

FORT Regular

she played a good game last night, marcus slipped up and trusted her and she did what any good survivor would do, chop his head off.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by icehole3;3230137;
    she played a good game last night, marcus slipped up and trusted her and she did what any good survivor would do, chop his head off.

I agree and good for her! I have not liked her attitude up until now but she sure made a great play.

I also have to say I like the loyalty she and Kenny share. They help each other well, and are probably my favorite alliance on Survivor because they haven't sworn out these blood oaths to one another or start moaning about the other one needs to try to save them. They just trust each other and get it done. Love it! She came up big for Ken last night, as he did for her last week. Well done!

She has really impressed me in the mental game. She and Kenny got rid of Ace and now Marcus. Good gameplay on their parts!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Crystal impressed me last night too (except in the immunity challenge!). She knew what needed to be done and did it!

+ Reply to Thread