+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Crystal Cox: Survivor Gabon

Re: Crystal Cox: Survivor Gabon

I really like her! I know it's very early on, but I hope she makes it to the end.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

I like Crystal, I am very surprise that I do. I know it's only the first episode but she actually was quite funny lastnight.......

Whoops! I apologize.. my husband misspoke... she ran a 400m leg.. 1 lap around the track!

I was pretty disappointed in her on the first show. I couldn't believe that she had that much trouble getting up that hill. Geez, she was an Olympic athlete! I just don't buy the dress and shoes excuse. Maybe she's holding back to not seem like as much as a threat. I like her personally, but I have to say I expected more out of her physically.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3206555;
    I was pretty disappointed in her on the first show. I couldn't believe that she had that much trouble getting up that hill. Geez, she was an Olympic athlete! I just don't buy the dress and shoes excuse. Maybe she's holding back to not seem like as much as a threat. I like her personally, but I have to say I expected more out of her physically.
    While she was in the Olympics, she ran on a flat surface. Do you really expect her to be an expert at everything physical, especially going up an almost vertical hill? She's also 6'3", so it must have been hard to get her big body all the way up. Just because she's an Olympic athlete, it doesn't mean she'll excel at everything physically.

Oh, and she also did a few interviews where she said she packed on quite a few pounds after 2004. She's not as fit as she used to be and said that her "muscle is turning into fat." But she also said she wanted to get fit again, so that's good.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3206562;
    While she was in the Olympics, she ran on a flat surface. Do you really expect her to be an expert at everything physical, especially going up an almost vertical hill? She's also 6'3", so it must have been hard to get her big body all the way up. Just because she's an Olympic athlete, it doesn't mean she'll excel at everything physically.

Oh, and she also did a few interviews where she said she packed on quite a few pounds after 2004. She's not as fit as she used to be and said that her "muscle is turning into fat." But she also said she wanted to get fit again, so that's good.
    I don't expect her to be an expert at everything physical but I did expect her to do better at a physical challenge than she did.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

If you are trying not to look like a threat you come in at the middle, not basically tied with a retired nurse for last. I really think that was the best she could do. Shows just how fast and completely one can get out of shape. She had a baby so that's probably gotten her out of the exercise habit, and she may have continued eating at the rate she did when she was an athlete. Survivor may be a good place to lose weight, but I doubt it gets you back in shape. You don't have the calories to spare to be exercising between challenges and firewood fetching.

She seems pretty funny, I might like her... but I can't really say yet, it's too early still for me.

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3206562;

I hope that is Crystal being funny as that statement can be taken straight to the Mythbusters. Muscle does not turn into fat. Fat cells and muscle cells are different. Makes me doubt that she actually attended a college level biology class or was paying any attention to her trainers. That is an incredibly stupid thing for a "professional " athtlete to say.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3206773;
    I hope that is Crystal being funny as that statement can be taken straight to the Mythbusters. Muscle does not turn into fat. Fat cells and muscle cells are different. Makes me doubt that she actually attended a college level biology class or was paying any attention to her trainers. That is an incredibly stupid thing for a "professional " athtlete to say.
    Yeah, she was totally joking in a literal sense. I don't think she actually believes that her fat is taking the place of all the muscle she once had.

But she's still saying that she's losing her muscle and packing on a few pounds of fat.

+ Reply to Thread